You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Man U and Ole continuing there relegation form after their loss to Newcastle. :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:26 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:27 pm

So happy for this lucky sob....

1999 never forget
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:23 pm

And they praised him as if it was the coming of the Messiah for winning a few games in the beginning! :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:31 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

That's 11. I wonder if he can he take it up to 99 winless away matches before getting fired?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And they praised him as if it was the coming of the Messiah for winning a few games in the beginning! :lol:

Positive shock is a very common thing in football when you sack and replace your current coach with a new one after patience within a club no longer exists to keep things go in a negative way. That happened last season, but long-term numbers didn't look any better after Mourinho, so basically the Portuguese should have stayed ManU coach, but he didn't.

I really don't know what's the problem with ManU after Alex Ferguson. First they thought David Moyes is the biggest problem, later Van Gaal came and nothing changed, then Mourinho came and he actually was the only one who managed to finish one season at 2nd place after 2012/2013 season.
It'll take time to find a real man who will also bring back the lost Manchester Utd mentality and ID back.

It's not just Bayern have this sort of problem in the last 4 years, even Barcelona right now are having the same problem and probably R. Madrid, too.

The only winner right now is FC Liverpool. Jürgen Klopp without huge, heavy investments and very attractive and noisy names managed to create a machine that is dominating in England like never before in their Premier League history. They look even better this season and one would expect worse start, but they could actually break their own records from the last season.

All top 5 leagues have become very interesting this season, some even last season. But this one has definitely potential to make a lot of exciting matches, title races and clashes for European spots. We'll see after first 20 matches how things are gonna stand.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:46 pm

No stopping them now. We'll be hearing about it being their year for the next six months, knowing that unfortunately, it is. But that will be nothing compared to when they actually do it.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Lukas wrote:No stopping them now. We'll be hearing about it being their year for the next six months, knowing that unfortunately, it is. But that will be nothing compared to when they actually do it.

Didn’t they also have such a healthy lead last year iirc?

I also think they’ll finally win it but not excluding City yet.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Still way too early to give out trophies. But it does feel like this should be their season. They seem determined, hungry and ready.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby aterford » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Truthfully, I know he was widely criticized for his performances by many, and some will claim he hasn't kept up with the "modern game" or whatever, but in retrospect I feel like Mourinho's time at United should be a testament now to just what an accomplishment it was for him to finish second and win Europa League.
That team has so many problems in so many different areas. They have next to zero depth and even at their best they can hardly field a team that can compete with other decent teams (and yes, I know how much that team/players cost, that's a whole other issue). They've overpaid for unproven or overrated players, continue retaining (and overpaying) players who are well past their prime, no clear transfer strategy whatsoever nor any clear squad planning (consider how de Gea has been flat-out BAD for the past 2+ years but was just given a 300k PER WEEK extension), and they are overseen by a man in Ed Woodward who has zero footballing acumen whatsoever.
All that to say that - while hindsight is 20-20 - it looks like the work Mou did at United was truly miraculous, all things considered.

Anyways, if they keep on Ole, I suspect they'll end up like 14/15 BVB or last year's Monaco, finding themselves somehow in a relegation battle. Even with a change at manager, I honestly don't think they've got a top-half side without some major changes off the pitch and some big winter spending.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Lukas wrote:No stopping them now. We'll be hearing about it being their year for the next six months, knowing that unfortunately, it is. But that will be nothing compared to when they actually do it.

Liverpool fans online will never shut up post 2020 about finally winning the PL after 30 years and their “Six times Six times Six times Six times Six times Six times” :lol:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:54 am

America USA wrote:

Liverpool fans online will never shut up post 2020 about finally winning the PL after 30 years and their “Six times Six times Six times Six times Six times Six times”

Just online? I'm jealous.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:24 am

Why unfortunately? Do they not deserve it by any chance?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

aterford wrote:Truthfully, I know he was widely criticized for his performances by many, and some will claim he hasn't kept up with the "modern game" or whatever, but in retrospect I feel like Mourinho's time at United should be a testament now to just what an accomplishment it was for him to finish second and win Europa League.
That team has so many problems in so many different areas. They have next to zero depth and even at their best they can hardly field a team that can compete with other decent teams (and yes, I know how much that team/players cost, that's a whole other issue). They've overpaid for unproven or overrated players, continue retaining (and overpaying) players who are well past their prime, no clear transfer strategy whatsoever nor any clear squad planning (consider how de Gea has been flat-out BAD for the past 2+ years but was just given a 300k PER WEEK extension), and they are overseen by a man in Ed Woodward who has zero footballing acumen whatsoever.
All that to say that - while hindsight is 20-20 - it looks like the work Mou did at United was truly miraculous, all things considered.

Anyways, if they keep on Ole, I suspect they'll end up like 14/15 BVB or last year's Monaco, finding themselves somehow in a relegation battle. Even with a change at manager, I honestly don't think they've got a top-half side without some major changes off the pitch and some big winter spending.
I think Man Utd should follow the Bayern model....
Some former players should by back the club make it the fans' club again and also if possible hire a former player as manager
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:
aterford wrote:Truthfully, I know he was widely criticized for his performances by many, and some will claim he hasn't kept up with the "modern game" or whatever, but in retrospect I feel like Mourinho's time at United should be a testament now to just what an accomplishment it was for him to finish second and win Europa League.

I think Man Utd should follow the Bayern model....
Some former players should by back the club make it the fans' club again and also if possible hire a former player as manager

Agree with former players in board positions but not as coach. Just being a former player is not the criteria for an ambitious club to appoint a coach by. Their current coach, and Chelsea, are proof of that. I’m not including Bayern because I don’t think the reason we appointed Kovac was that he’s an ex-player.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe