You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:I was also super impressed by the low key lineups,especially Chelsea's....

Chelsea are going to struggle big time under their inexperienced manager...

Liverpool and City allover again with Spurs trying to insert themselves in between the two.

Ars and MUFC fighting it out for the 4th pos.

Strike Chelsea and put Bayern...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 am

ramsej84 wrote:I was also super impressed by the low key lineups,especially Chelsea's....

Chelsea are going to struggle big time under their inexperienced manager...

Liverpool and City allover again with Spurs trying to insert themselves in between the two.

Ars and MUFC fighting it out for the 4th pos.

That's how it looks like over the last few years in both clubs, especially Chelsea.
Ever since Abramovich lost his permit due to Russian-American conflicts in the last 4-5 years and the last incident with poisoning former Russian spy or someone like that in the UK, investments in Chelsea have become miserable.
That Russian woman who controls Chelsea is nowhere near an expert in football business, but she's got a lot of power.

As for Manchester United... They failed under Alex Ferguson to do something what we failed over the last 4 years - stay up-to-date with squad quality and policy. Ferguson didn't buy lots of new players back then and after 2011 everything went to hell when he retired, especially in 2013 when he chose the perfect moment to leave the sinking ship(hint: bad CL campaign in his last 2 seasons, EL campaign after 3rd place in the group stage and so on).

United's success and domination was based on generaton 92' and Alex Ferguson's nose for players and ability to make them reach their maximum or overperform sometimes despite talent deficits, man management and sense to see when changes in team style, system were necessary.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lahmies » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 am

city getting away with another slap on the wrist. how surprising.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 am

Lahmies wrote:city getting away with another slap on the wrist. how surprising.
The board who gives its decisions must me showing their newly acquired Rolex to theri sons and nephews atm
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby klinsmann » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:08 pm

There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm

That was the most enjoyable English-English game I have seen in a long time.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

https://youtu.be/eWF735GXTes
Just saw the hl.
It looked amazing..

Klopp said that his club played the third comp match without a pre season...

Hello mutu.... modern football ....

Hey will Abraham move on the lukaku's footsteps?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

Incredible match last night! What an action in 120 minutes, especially in the first 90 minutes! Now this is something you wanted to see in early July this year in the CL final.

Last night it was the one of the best European Supercup matches ever! I really enjoyed the football and how they played it, especially Lampard's Chelsea. They really want to play offensive football, now it's up to Chelsea bosses to keep their legend for 4-5 years so he could finally install something serious and develop all these young English players and add couple of more new foreign faces once the transfer ban is over.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:19 am

The most interesting thing about Chelsea FC is that they can't have a coach at the club longer than 2 years/seasons. You have noticed that since Abramovič's arrival in 2003, Mourinho was the only one who lasted for so long, in 2 occasions 2 and a half seasons and then he was always sacked when he burned out and couldn't solve the result crisis.

No one has ever managed to survive or reach 3-4 seasons at Chelsea and that's something that also speaks for itself and about Chelsea as a club.
Their European success in this decade is very good, 3 European trophies, however they won only 2 Premier League titles and they surely expected at least 3 more titles, as well as 2-3 more FA Cups and League Cups instead of just 2, ie 1.

Basically the coach issue is something that bothers the club for the last 15 years and that's why Manchester City managed to surpass them very easily in the Premier League over the last 10-11 years in way shorter period.

Unlike Chelsea, City very rarely changes their managers and they do it more wisely. They give their managers 3-4 years to show what they know and if results don't impress them, they say thank you and hire a new one.

Ever since UAE owners bought the club, Roberto Mancini(2009-2013), Manuel Pellegrini(2013-2016) and Josep Guardiola(2016-?) are their only 3 coaches between 2009 and 2019.
At Chelsea there were: Carlo Ancelotti, André Villas-Boas, Roberto Di Matteo, Rafael Benitez, José Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Antonio Conte, Maurizio Sarri and now Frank Lampard.
Clearly here lies the main problem because Abramovič always wanted all or nothing in less than a 1-2 years and that's impossible for his club in the EPL thereby making very hard to everyone with his transfer policy, as well.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby r10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am

Fénix wrote:At Chelsea there were: Carlo Ancelotti, André Villas-Boas, Roberto Di Matteo, Rafael Benitez, José Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Antonio Conte, Maurizio Sarri and now Frank Lampard.
I do not know earlier stories, but with Sarri there was point between him and the fans/supporters. I guess fans were fed up also with others.
My dream: let Bayern bosses listen us regarding Kovac :twisted:.
BTW Chelsea was playing yesterday the most 'Sarrish' football in their last years.
r10
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:09 pm

r10 wrote:BTW Chelsea was playing yesterday the most 'Sarrish' football in their last years.

See? It cannot work over night in a club such as Chelsea. Abramovič wants to see Chelsea playing attacking football and win trophies, but they aren't ready for 2-3 years of sacrifices.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby r10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am

Mapping the origin of English Premier League players:
http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr43/en
r10
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Adriaaaaan
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football in Europe