You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Borusse wrote:Defence is a mess, they don't have creative midfielders (best playmaker sitting on the bench), they have one decent winger in Iwobi. So it leaves Lacazette and Aubameyang, very good strikers but they need support from others to get into scoring positions. So it's not as great as it seems.
Ummm? They have Özil (who was pretty fantastic not a long while ago) and Mkhitaryan (who was phenomenal back when he was in Dortmund). Plenty of creativity between those two. Back when Tuchel was in charge of BVB (1st year), you didn't employ proper wingers; the Reus-Aubameyang-Mhkitaryan frontline was amazing to watch. Arsenal could take a few cues from that, maybe changing it to a 352 to employ both Lacazette and Aubameyang. On defense they have Sokratis (great defender) and Mustafi (decent enough).

What I mean is, they do have a great team on paper.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Not the most accurate view at the moment. Agreed that Oezil still has value, but maybe it's just tactically not working. Mkhitaryan has lost it physically. Sokratis has fallen from grace. I disagree on Mustafi - he's always been shit. I really hate him actually because he's the first to yell at teammates whenever his own mistakes lead to a goal.

On top of that, Bellerin is just a touchline higher, Moneral's finished (Kolasinac is a horrible player), Xhaka has lost it, Ramsey is gone and Iwobi is horrible.

The only actually good non-striker they have is Torreira.
You have a very definitive view of what being done is. I mean, all of these players were great a short time ago and it's not like they are 40. With proper coaching, the right tactical setup and environment, they could turn it back on. All I said is they have a great squad *on paper*.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Not really, most of the above are already quite old. The younger ones I mentioned have always been horrible in my standards (which one was ever good?). Only Xhaka is salvageable really.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:49 pm

I used to rate Xhaka at Gladbach but at Arsenal he looks like a different (much worse) player. Maybe the English game is too fast and chaotic for him.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby klinsmann » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 pm

There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks to Bayern Odoi is getting some attention.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:55 pm

ARSCHE
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Arsenal deserved winners. Letting Ramsey go for free is criminal! Him, Torreira and Lacazette were outstanding today.

Hopefully more of the same against Manchester United in the FA Cup! COYG :)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:57 am

Emiliano Sala, who Cardiff signed from Nantes last Saturday for a club transfer record of £15m, is one of two people who was on board a light aircraft that went missing between France and Cardiff. He has been among the top scorers in France in recent years and had scored 13 league and cup goals this season, third behind Kylian Mbappe and Nicolas Pepe. [source]

Such a sad and probably tragic story :(

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:56 pm

It happened just a few km away from where I live :?

Hope to be wrong, but the plane is likely to be resting on the ocean floor with both passengers dead
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:27 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:36 pm

The horrible part about Sala is that he did not want to leave and his president, Vladimar Kita, asked him to leave for money.

This president is a cunt, it's well know in France. And I would not be surprise he starts to talk about money in few days.
Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Coman wrote:The horrible part about Sala is that he did not want to leave and his president, Vladimar Kita, asked him to leave for money.

This president is a cunt, it's well know in France. And I would not be surprise he starts to talk about money in few days.

Police on Thursday ended their search for Premier League player Emiliano Sala, saying the chances of finding the Argentine alive three days after his plane went missing over the Channel were "extremely remote".

"We reviewed all the information available to us, as well as knowing what emergency equipment was on board, and have taken the difficult decision to end the search," police on the British island of Guernsey said in a statement [source]
:cry:

Yest I also listened to his last voice message where he was worried about he plane / whether conditions. ..
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 pm

So sad... And reading what was posted about the money is sickening. He will never live it down if he has any humanity.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Haven't looked into the details, but apparently this is a private flight of some sort since it's a very small plane. Was that his own choice, or does that mean one of the clubs are at serious fault here for not flying him on a commercial plane (probably to save a tiny sum of money)?
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Haven't looked into the details, but apparently this is a private flight of some sort since it's a very small plane. Was that his own choice, or does that mean one of the clubs are at serious fault here for not flying him on a commercial plane (probably to save a tiny sum of money)?

Here is what I found:
“We spoke to the player and asked him if he wanted us to make arrangements for his flight which, quite frankly, would have been commercial. He declined and made his own arrangements.

“I can’t tell you who arranged the flight because I don’t know at this stage - but it certainly wasn’t Cardiff City.” [source]
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe