You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Kane out until March
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ury.699385

Good news for Dortmund

And indirectly, good news for Bayern as well :D
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:00 am

Arsenal's poor performance is somehow surprising. They have a pretty good aqaud on paper. Guess it's the club in itself and doesn't matter how good the players are they'll suck for a long time.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Defence is a mess, they don't have creative midfielders (best playmaker sitting on the bench), they have one decent winger in Iwobi. So it leaves Lacazette and Aubameyang, very good strikers but they need support from others to get into scoring positions. So it's not as great as it seems.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:09 am

Oh my God, Bielsa...

"Good evening. I called this press conference because tomorrow we have the classic press conference ahead of our game against Stoke City. Many people have made an opinion on my behaviour. Many condemning the behaviour, saying that it was not ethical, it was not moral. One point I'd like to talk about, is that I'm going to make it easier for the investigation of the league. I'm going to give the information it needs. What I have done is not illegal. We can discuss it, it's not seen as a good thing, but it's not a violation of the law. I know that not everything that is legal is right to do. About 20 staff create a volume of information, which is absolutely not necessary. It doesn't define the path of the competition. So why do we that? Because we feel guilty if we don't work enough, and we feel it gets us closer to a win even if it's not true.

Marcelo demonstrates the analysis his team goes through for each opponent, and how it totals more than 300 hours of work:

What I'm trying to do is convince you that what I said about not getting an unfair advantage was true. I can't speak English but I can speak about the 24 teams in the Championship. Marcelo whilst showing the percentages that opponents have used specific formations: "All the information that these reports have, responds to the questions that I have asked myself in the last 30 years of opponents. We gather all this information from the 31 games."

Marcelo now walks the press through video analysis of an opponent’s offensive actions, explaining how it totals 40 minutes, which is then broken down into 8 minute clips for the players. Moving onto the detailed reports his staff produce on opposition players "I look at each player, and I know how many minutes they have played in each game" Using examples, Marcelo also breaks down how many minutes certain players have played in each position. To conclude, as we're going to play vs Stoke, and it is hard for us to analyse them, as they've only played a few games with a new head coach. We analysed the 26 games that he played with Luton, and we also analysed the tactical scenarios he used. "

Marcelo Bielsa watched 300 hours of footage to ensure his tactics for Derby were correct.

Niko Kovac thinks tactics are not the most important thing on the pitch.

I always liked him (even I wanted him in Bayern couple of years ago - check the coaches thread), the analysis and detail Bielsa goes into before every game is absolutely incredible. He’s a genius and he knew everything about the game. Yes, he is maybe not from the managers with best CV, but he is currently one of the best out there. ImageImage
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 am

I would fucking love to be coached by him. Unreal guy.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:24 am

IsiahRashad wrote:I always liked him (even I wanted him in Bayern couple of years ago - check the coaches thread)

I remember this!

IsiahRashad wrote:the analysis and detail Bielsa goes into before every game is absolutely incredible. He’s a genius and he knew everything about the game. Yes, he is maybe not from the managers with best CV, but he is currently one of the best out there.

Dumbledore7 wrote:I would **** love to be coached by him. Unreal guy.

I must confess I haven't paid quite enough attention to the guy to have much of a firm opinion of my own, but it does seem like a lot of people lowkey hold him in high regard. I heard one guy saying a couple of days ago (I don't remember who or exact quote, so it's just my paraphrase...) how he might not be the biggest name today, might not have the best resume, but was the type of guy who years from now people will be able to look back and point to his influence on the game/tactics/other managers/etc. Sometimes you do find a guy like that, so I wouldn't be too surprised - the type whose contributions aren't really appreciated until after the fact. I think about Van Gogh, Gallileo, Bach, etc...all who for one reason or another were either not that popular, ridiculed, or not fully appreciated till after they passed and/or retired. The way people talk about Bielsa feels similar - obviously not the same, as he's still currently in the game - but that it sounds like he will probably be more appreciated when he retires than he is right now.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:41 am

Cheat cheat cheat cheat. Dock them every point they've claimed this season. If he does all this analysis, why bother spying on the training? Apart from to collect some information on last minute plans. Maybe the starting 11 is training separately to the others. Maybe they're working on set piece routines. Maybe a star player will get injured the day before a game...
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 am

Lukas wrote:Cheat cheat cheat cheat. Dock them every point they've claimed this season. If he does all this analysis, why bother spying on the training? Apart from to collect some information on last minute plans. Maybe the starting 11 is training separately to the others. Maybe they're working on set piece routines. Maybe a star player will get injured the day before a game...
He was scouting the opponent, what is wrong with that?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:37 am

Scouting and spying are two different things. They crossed a line imo (not for the first time in their history and not for the last)

Maybe you don't know the full story but this demonstration happened because a Leeds representative was spotted watching a closed Derby training session the day before the game last week. It's against principles here and Bielsa is trying to clear his name
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 am

Since when watching your opponents train /play is something that you cannot do? This is really a massive two fingers to all the stupid, amateur rubbish that passes for punditry. This is an absolutely genius professional so far ahead of his opponents - it is unreal. Anyone who thinks he did wrong needs to remove their tampon and use it as a dummy.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am

I rate Bielsa very very high. However he is too crazy to coach a top team, especially one like Bayern. And the problem is that players eventually get tired of him after 1 season.

But I really appreciate his work and effort. He reminds me of Pep and Tuchel.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 am

People like Pep hold him at such a high regard (didn’t Pep or somebody else call him the best coach in the world?). To me, that’s succeeding in your craft. Funny anecdote:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

I wouldn’t want him to coach Bayern either, but would personally love to learn his craft as an artist.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:10 am

This shit is fucking phenomenal.

Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 am

IsiahRashad wrote:needs to remove their tampon and use it as a dummy

Dude... you're sick :oops:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:16 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Since when watching your opponents train /play is something that you cannot do? This is really a massive two fingers to all the stupid, amateur rubbish that passes for punditry. This is an absolutely genius professional so far ahead of his opponents - it is unreal. Anyone who thinks he did wrong needs to remove their tampon and use it as a dummy.

That's everyone in the UK who doesn't support Leeds then. Cheating club and obviously the coach fits right in
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe