You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:53 pm

klinsmann wrote:Arsenal only had 1 shots on target in whole game... and that came in 1st half.

Can't remember if it's only 1 shot, but then it definitely was Wilshere's curved shot from outside the box in the 2nd half
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Yaaaaaahhh. GET IN!!!!!!!!. Nottingham forest 0-2 Hull. Finally we have won in the league for the first time in two months and are back out of the bottom three.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Lukas wrote:Yaaaaaahhh. GET IN!!!!!!!!. Nottingham forest 0-2 Hull. Finally we have won in the league for the first time in two months and are back out of the bottom three.
And finally you have beaten a team which name starts with a latter different than B

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:08 pm

I was disappointed when Hull went down. They would’ve been a better team to have in the PL than Burnley, WBA or Stoke.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby klinsmann » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Decided to watch Newcastle vs ManUre, wasn't disappointed.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 pm

klinsmann wrote:Decided to watch Newcastle vs ManUre, wasn't disappointed.

The bastard one...

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Not looking likely but hopefully Southampton can avoid defeat and put "Uddersfield" back in the bottom three after their big win against Bournemouth :twisted:
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Roonzil » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:08 pm

klinsmann wrote:Decided to watch Newcastle vs ManUre, wasn't disappointed.

My nerves are shattered...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Manchu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:53 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I think Goalimpact shouldn't be trusted that much and this is a clear example

Top 6 teams in Premier League and Bundesliga are not even close in terms of quality and any football fan who has been watching games from both leagues could tell you this.

Not only they have better players (this has usually been the case even in 2013 and 2014) but also they now have good managers and are finally starting to perform in CL (just have a look at the CL group stage or even ManU winning EL last year)

Even if we take the top 6 out of the equation, any mediocre PL team has at least 2-3 good/decent players. You can see the likes of Watford, Stoke, West Ham etc with Shaqiri, Deulofeu, Chicharito, Jese... and then of course you have Leicester with Mahrez or Vardy

PL teams have more money and the league is far more attractive than Serie A or Bundesliga, but it's sad to see the gap getting bigger every year when not so long ago we were on par

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying a bit. Goalimpact would completely agree that the Bundesliga top six is not at the level of the Premier League top six. For example, here's the projected table about a month ago for the Premier League:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
and from the same time for the Bundesliga:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
You might notice two phenomenons. One, the Premier League top 6 is much better than the Bundesliga top 6 other than Bayern. Two, in general teams in the Bundesliga bottom 12 are better in terms of player quality than teams in the Premier League bottom 14. I don't know why this is(perhaps teams in the Bundesliga have better keepers and defenders, for example), but it does seem to be true. This, along with the quality lurking in the 2.Bundesliga, is one of reasons I believe that one the problems in Germany is that the best players are not concentrated in the best teams.

Additionally, you can see how incredible a coach Kovac is as he has a squad which should be fighting against relegation fighting for the Champions League. This is one of the reasons he is one of my favorites to become the next Bayern coach.

Of course, I do think you're right about the coaches of the top 6 Premier League being better than the Bundesliga equivalents. Kovac might manage to make say Schalke play like Atletico Madrid if he ever coached there, but he isn't. Similarly, I have a hard time thinking of any top six bundesliga coaches other than Jupp who could coach one of the top six Premier League teams.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Something else to note: I haven't checked this season or last season's numbers, but for like ~5 years prior to that the Bundesliga (and La Liga, FWIW) had a tighter point spread across the board - i.e. the gap between Europe spots and relegation spots was MUCH tighter in Germany and Spain than in England. In general, bottom-half teams in Germany have a better chance of winning against top-half teams than their counterparts in England do. The EPL might have the stronger top 5-6 at the moment but let's also not forget that for the past half-decade English teams (regardless of their position in table) have been utter trash when they play someone other than a bunch of Tesco employees from Yorkshire. The narrative that the EPL is the highest-quality league in the world or "most competitive" really lacks substance and is primarily a result of having BY FAR the lion's share of media coverage.
I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt if the Premier League was given the TV coverage the BL currently is and the BL was given the coverage the EPL currently is...nobody would still be arguing that the EPL is higher quality or more competitive.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 pm

These EPL fanboy clowns are hilarious.

Not only has Ederson solved City's problem between the posts, he has arguably rewritten the goalkeeping rulebook by transforming how the role is now perceived.

In other news, I guess Neuer doesn't exist anymore?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 pm

aterford wrote:These EPL fanboy clowns are hilarious.

Not only has Ederson solved City's problem between the posts, he has arguably rewritten the goalkeeping rulebook by transforming how the role is now perceived.

In other news, I guess Neuer doesn't exist anymore?

Neuer's not a goalkeeper, that's why. He's a boxkeeper. Legend has it that Slimani is still trying to get inside the box at the Estádio Beira-Rio. Just a couple of months ago, he broke in during the night and ran at the box, only to trip over some crutches that were laying there. Surely, Neuer had nothing to do about it, right?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:29 am

aterford wrote:Something else to note: I haven't checked this season or last season's numbers, but for like ~5 years prior to that the Bundesliga (and La Liga, FWIW) had a tighter point spread across the board - i.e. the gap between Europe spots and relegation spots was MUCH tighter in Germany and Spain than in England. In general, bottom-half teams in Germany have a better chance of winning against top-half teams than their counterparts in England do. The EPL might have the stronger top 5-6 at the moment but let's also not forget that for the past half-decade English teams (regardless of their position in table) have been utter trash when they play someone other than a bunch of Tesco employees from Yorkshire. The narrative that the EPL is the highest-quality league in the world or "most competitive" really lacks substance and is primarily a result of having BY FAR the lion's share of media coverage.
I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt if the Premier League was given the TV coverage the BL currently is and the BL was given the coverage the EPL currently is...nobody would still be arguing that the EPL is higher quality or more competitive.

The point gap is definitely less in the Bundesliga. And Leverkusen managed to beat Tottenham over the two legs last season and Dortmund only lost due Bosz, so declaring the Bundesliga dead in Europe seems a bit premature.

Additionally, what it ultimately comes down to is that the Bundesliga is the only league who has managed to stay competitive, in terms of average player strength as measured by goalimpact, with the Premier League. All the others have been left far behind,* but Bundesliga teams manage to keep similar player quality to Premier League on a mere 2/3 of the budget. That feat has not received due recognition.

*Serie A for example Can't see tweet? Click here!
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 am

Sky wins bulk of PL rights while BT has just bought some 20 matches ...
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ium=widget

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am

List of the EPL club owners & their share

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ball_clubs

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe