You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:20 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Sergio Agüero
Kevin De Bruyne
Leroy Sané

would all be starters at Bayern
KdB sure. Sané doubtful (would have to bench Müller). Agüero, lol no.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Danilo is looking like he's worth 200 million today.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:19 pm

WTF have I done!!!
https://twitter.com/wendy1704/status/958806247574265859

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 pm

It's incredible how far in terms of quality is the PL from BL at the moment. Back in 2013 and 2014 we were equal, but now I think no other club except Bayern is anywhere close to ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal.

So that means the 2nd best BL club wouldn't make the Top 6 in PL :?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 am

YlonenXabi wrote:It's incredible how far in terms of quality is the PL from BL at the moment. Back in 2013 and 2014 we were equal, but now I think no other club except Bayern is anywhere close to ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Off course, BuLi clubs have let go every single class player on the league while EPL has spent billions on top class. At the same time, clubs such as Dortmund fired their world class coaches and got amateurs as replacements while the EPL fired their amateur (English) coaches and got the top class from elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal gets Tuchel and then there is yet ANOTHER club with a great manager. As things stand, top managers in EPL: Pep, Mourinho, Pochettino, Conte. BuLi: Jupp.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 am

YlonenXabi wrote:It's incredible how far in terms of quality is the PL from BL at the moment. Back in 2013 and 2014 we were equal, but now I think no other club except Bayern is anywhere close to ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Interestingly, the problem isn't in player quality but rather in how player quality is distributed. If you compare average goalimpacts of the teams in both leagues, they are about equal. There is no real difference in average player quality, unlike the very real difference that exists between the Premier League and Ligue 1 or Serie A.

However, while in the Premier League the best players(those with the highest goalimpacts) are heavily concentrated in the top 6 team(with a very clear gap between the top 6 and the rest), the same is not true in the Bundesliga. Instead, there is a gradient as teams very gradually decrease in quality from RB Leipzig to Mainz and Werder Bremen. The only teams with clear advantages in quality are Bayern and Dortmund, and something deep, unrelated to player quality, is clearly rotten in Dortmund this season.

This trend is evident even in individual cases. The best attacking player playing outside the top 6 in England is probably Riyad Mahrez. He plays for Leicester, which is one of the best clubs outside the top 6, yet he is still continuously linked to top 6 clubs and will probably eventually play for one. Meanwhile, in the Bundesliga we have this situation where Max Kruse, who is simply excellent and who would probably improve any team in the Bundesliga except for Bayern, is playing for Werder Bremen.

The problem is evident: it is impossible for successful Bundesliga clubs to build on their success and build a real advantage in player quality out of it. Bayer Leverkusen and RB Leipzig both have teams full of young talent that could form the core of a real powerhouse if they kept their players, but they won't, so they'll be in the same situation again in a few years.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:31 am

I think Goalimpact shouldn't be trusted that much and this is a clear example

Top 6 teams in Premier League and Bundesliga are not even close in terms of quality and any football fan who has been watching games from both leagues could tell you this.

Not only they have better players (this has usually been the case even in 2013 and 2014) but also they now have good managers and are finally starting to perform in CL (just have a look at the CL group stage or even ManU winning EL last year)

Even if we take the top 6 out of the equation, any mediocre PL team has at least 2-3 good/decent players. You can see the likes of Watford, Stoke, West Ham etc with Shaqiri, Deulofeu, Chicharito, Jese... and then of course you have Leicester with Mahrez or Vardy

PL teams have more money and the league is far more attractive than Serie A or Bundesliga, but it's sad to see the gap getting bigger every year when not so long ago we were on par
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 am

Just compare Arsenal with Eintracht/Gladbach :oops:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 am

This is the sad truth I predicted would happen years ago when hints of the new Premier League TV deal came out. For the medium term there is a real risk that the Premier League will eclipse even the Champions League. It is already fact that top PL matches are having a higher viewership than top CL matches.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:41 am

Yeah... So why not poke at a guy who said we're not Top5 in Europe? Why don’t YOU start?! See what I did there?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am

No, I don't see it :|

No BL team except Bayern would make the top 6 in PL, but I don't think any PL team except ManCity is on par with Bayern as well :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am

#12 wrote:

Yeah... So why not poke at a guy who said we're not Top5 in Europe? Why don’t YOU start?! See what I did there?
Logic evades you. We're comparing quality depth between two different leagues. What is your point?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 am

Well, the logic is it’s not nearly as "nuts" as you make it out to be... I see three clubs in England, two in Spain, one in France and one in Italy I don’t see us besting... Even if Real are shit now - they also were last year until they played us...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

#12 wrote:Well, the logic is it’s not nearly as "nuts" as you make it out to be... I see three clubs in England, two in Spain, one in France and one in Italy I don’t see us besting... Even if Real are shit now - they also were last year until they played us...
Just list them already please so you won't have leeway in excuses when we eliminate them from the Champions League please. Xxx
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Well, the logic is it’s not nearly as "nuts" as you make it out to be... I see three clubs in England, two in Spain, one in France and one in Italy I don’t see us besting... Even if Real are shit now - they also were last year until they played us...
Just list them already please so you won't have leeway in excuses when we eliminate them from the Champions League please. Xxx

leeway? You mean like ”booooohooooo, it was all Kassai“ when it’s as obvious as daylight we were the inferior team? Thanks for the double standards though

Shitty, United, PSG, Juve, Barca are clearly above us in my book... Makes 5 already... On two great days and surpassing our usual away performance we might eliminate ManUre though...
I see us struggling with Liverpool and Chelski as well, but we could go through... Real are better than us but not in form... They always step up their game against us though...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe