You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:City is spending big, but they are not signing top players.

I like what they're doing. Pep is basically building a completely new team since he took over. A strong team that can be among the bests for many years to come. They are mainly signing very good young players but no top stars.

I think Pep wants to have a similar transfer policy than Bayern, but he had to build his own Bayern first.
May see the likes of Pep and Mou coaching Atletico? They will never do for obvious reasons...
The best coaches my foot...

Who are the best coaches?

Do you think Simeone would have won ALL the titles with FC Barcelona in 2009 ?

For obvious reasons Pep wouldn't have achieved what Cholo did with Atleti, nor Cholo would have come any close to Pep with his Barcelona side

We saw Jupp struggling with Athletic Club or Benfica in the past as well

There is no perfect coach.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 am

There are overrated and underrated coaches...
There are those who are idolized and those who work hard and keep a low profile; achieve big things with low budgets. When I say big thinngs it doesn't have to be a cup or league win but also an unlikely continental qualifiction, avoidance from the relegation or promotion...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 am

Doing well with a small budget is overrated. At the end, coaches are like sentimental partners; there's not a "perfect" universal one, some fit you better at point in time than others and stuff just clicks. Doesn't mean they would click under different situations.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:00 am

Absolutely shit performance by Arsenal today. Petr Cech has become a joke now. Wenger’s tactics were so bad he made Swansea look like Real Madrid. Hope he walks at the end of this season with some of his dignity still left, completing his contract and staying till 2019 could get very ugly.

ramsej84 wrote:Good win by Swansea over Arsenal
I watched Liverpool beating Huddersfield ..
Can did very well and scored a goal with a nice shot though a bit lucky

I saw the highlights of the Liverpool game, glad that Can did alright. He won the Salah penalty too. The defensive midfield position alongside Kroos is still up for grabs.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lukas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:20 am

Hull 0-0 Leeds. My dad said we absolutely murdered them but couldn't put the ball in the net :twisted:

Daren't look at the table but I believe we're now in the bottom 3. Can't believe how bad we've become in such a short time.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 am

Lukas wrote:Hull 0-0 Leeds. My dad said we absolutely murdered them but couldn't put the ball in the net :twisted:

Daren't look at the table but I believe we're now in the bottom 3. Can't believe how bad we've become in such a short time.

yeah I saw the final score but livescore didn't give any stats!

No you are still out of it yet, if Bolton win they will leapfrog you...

apparently you are finding a lot of difficulties to find the net and that is a huge problem!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:There are overrated and underrated coaches...
There are those who are idolized and those who work hard and keep a low profile; achieve big things with low budgets. When I say big thinngs it doesn't have to be a cup or league win but also an unlikely continental qualifiction, avoidance from the relegation or promotion...

I have always felt this logic doesn't hold up. We always see people saying things like "I would love to see Pep manage a team like Coventry City to a title, where he doesn't have all that money" or "anybody could win if they had that much money" It doesn't make sense.

Here is the simplest analogy I have thought of for it.

Imagine a "normal" driver vs a Formula 1 driver.

Here is what we know to be true:

-The cars needed to race F1 and the cars needed for everyday driving are VERY different

-The average driver can drive a "normal car". The same driver *cannot* drive a Formula 1 car.

-A Formula 1 Driver cannot be expected to win a F1 race with a "normal" car. He needs an F1 car to compete. This is true and there's nothing wrong with this. Nobody will ever win a F1 race driving a Yugo.

-A Formula 1 driver CAN drive a "normal" car better than the average driver can.

So, what does this all tell us? An F1 driver drives a car that costs €10m+. Would anybody ever say to Sebastian Vettel "Sure, you won, but you were driving a €10m car. Anybody could win a race with that kind of car. Why don't you win the Monaco Grand Prix with a 1995 Opel, then I'll be impressed". Do you see how silly that sounds?

So here's how it goes:
-Top managers are not top managers because they can turn crap teams into championship winning ones.
-Top managers are top managers because they are able to get the most out of the resources at their disposal. That comes through both buying the best players AND maximizing the potential of these players.
Could a world class manager bring a UCL title to a team like Queens Park Rangers in 3 years? No, not a chance, and we all know it. That's how long the average coach stays at their position. Jupp, SAF, Pep, I don't care who - none of them could do it.
Could an average Joe, run of the mill manager bring a team like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City the UCL? No, they couldn't either, and we all know it. That's not the way the game works today.

So, simply put: top managers - the ones that EVERY team wants to land - are coveted as such because they can make the most out of what they have. They can achieve more with their resources than other average managers can. There is a reason guys like Pep and Mourinho are wanted by EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the world - it's because they've a proven track record of success and quality player development. Does not winning the UCL every season make them overrated? No, of course not.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 pm

Exactly :)

And by the way, Simeone and his "low budget" (questionable) have been humiliated in Spanish Cup by a smaller club again and has been embarrassed in CL by a team that none of us could locate in a world map. Does it write him off? I don't think so :)
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Jose Mou figlio di puttana jose mou figlio di puttana.....

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Jose Mou figlio di puttana jose mou figlio di puttana.....

Hahahaha, :lol: Always the same song no matter which Romance language, it's just question where he's at the moment - hijo de puta, filho da puta, fill de puta and fils de pute. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really hate him, I don't get it why. Jose is such a troll and he's doing that great.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Jose Mou figlio di puttana jose mou figlio di puttana.....

Hahahaha, Always the same song no matter which Romance language, it's just question where he's at the moment - hijo de puta, filho da puta, fill de puta and fils de pute. :D

You really hate him, I don't get it why. Jose is such a troll and he's doing that great.
I hated him since day 1...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

P.S what the fk is happening Stamford Bridge?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:24 pm

Conte :lol:
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Conte
The last nail in his coffin will be in the Champs league ...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Huhuhuhuuuuu, Chelsea are down by 3 at Stamford Bridge. :o Antonio Conte can already start looking for a new job after this season.

Tottenham are silly team... So many stupid defeats and draws this season and currently just 5th place behind Loserfull and Chelsea. I hope they can surpass both of them till the end of season.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe