You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Come on MUTU, I can only see positives with that decision and I've been calling for it for a long time

It looks like it will be only for penalties or red cards, but still it's something

But they should make clear what kind of dives will be penalized. The only controversial here is that some people think that football is like basketball, where some players try to find a minimum contact in order to earn a couple of free throws. In my opinion, if a player in possession tries to find contact rather than playing, that should never be awarded as a foul or a penalty and if there's diving included on it, it should be penalized :)

But well, that's just my opinion. They just need to unifiy the criteria :)
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Come on MUTU, I can only see positives with that decision and I've been calling for it for a long time

It looks like it will be only for penalties or red cards, but still it's something

But they should make clear what kind of dives will be penalized. The only controversial here is that some people think that football is like basketball, where some players try to find a minimum contact in order to earn a couple of free throws. In my opinion, if a player in possession tries to find contact rather than playing, that should never be awarded as a foul or a penalty and if there's diving included on it, it should be penalized :)

But well, that's just my opinion. They just need to unifiy the criteria :)
What I mean, and the message I tried to convey in the previous post, is that while quite often you cannot decide whether a player dived or not (eg Robben vs Mexico) it is not enough to only punish the diver.

It's like the policeman running after and catching the thief that snatched the old lady's handbag, and gives him a fine but lets him keep the handbag. What about the poor old lady without her handbag? And what if the value of the contents of the handbag in any case is higher than the fine given to the thief?

Here's a likely scenario: a team's star player dives against your team and earns them a win, gets retrospectively suspended for two matches and ends up missing two matches against your league rivals which ends up being a triple punishment for your team.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Both of my favorite teams win their respective supercup games in a penalty shootout 8) :lol: :D
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:50 am

I just had a client (Maltese) who was wearing a Leeds Polo.
At one point he told me that his house has been build some 20 years ago...

The moment he told me that, I interrupted him and asked him if I can tell him a joke.
When he replied in the affirmative I told him that Leeds were still in the Premiership :lol:

From then onward there was no coming back!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Oooh isn't it exciting. 4 goals and end to end football in the first half between two average teams in an average league. And no I'm not watching it, just can't avoid the hype anywhere from social media to online news sites.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm curious about the Lacazette haters.He is showing from 2010 what he's capable off.Easy top 5 striker in the World,and there,in this forum there was people who was questioning his abilities.Crazy.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Lukas » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 pm

SEVEN GOALSSSSSSS!!!!!!! SHIT DEFENDING!!!!!!!! NO TACTICS!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE PL!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MOST EXCITING LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Manchu » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:09 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Here's how goalimpact has the Premier League. Obviously doesn't include coaching at all, so I'll expect that Liverpool will finish higher than indicated(because Klopp is a great coach) and Arsenal lower(because Wenger is a terrible coach who hardly even played two of his best players, Mertesacker and Walcott, last season). Otherwise, the only other interesting thing is that this chart appears to confirm that Guardiola is terrible at transfers.

For those curious, the goalimpact number on the left-hand side is an average of all the teams players heavily weighted toward the best 11 players but not including any injured players.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Wtf are pool doing?
Just saw the highlights... bow am waiting for the sec half

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:34 pm

So the announcer yesterday b!tched for about an eternity as to how Arsenal conceded from a corner kick due to poor tactics; no man on the first post, poor zonal marking implementation and no man marking whatsoever.

Enter Liverpool. A man on the first post, his back up, and every possible Watfordian on the small box covered. What happened? The desinated header draws his marker away while the ball falls in the void between the two zonal markers left. A running man takes his place and scores.

Conclusion: There's no way to righly defend against corder kicks. Just get to the ball first and wish for a bit of luck.
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Concentration, attack the ball and good marking is all you need...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Man mark the biggest aerial threats + zonal defending.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JANCKER

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm

tflags wrote:So the announcer yesterday b!tched for about an eternity as to how Arsenal conceded from a corner kick due to poor tactics; no man on the first post, poor zonal marking implementation and no man marking whatsoever.

Enter Liverpool. A man on the first post, his back up, and every possible Warfordian on the small box covered. What happened? The desinated header draws his marker away while the ball falls in the void between the two zonal markers left. A running man takes his place and scores.

Conclusion: There's no way to righly defend against corder kicks. Just get to the ball first and wish for a bit of luck.

A big mistake coaches and player make is they simply have everyone pick up a man. This is dangerous. You cannot simply have players mark a man and hope everyone holds to their task. There are so many bodies in the box that players are bound to lose their marker and someone will be free for a chance on goal. There need to be a select few players who play positionally. That having been said, you need to have a player on each post, a player in front of the goalie and a player on the 16 m. line closest to the corner-kick. The reason for players on the posts is two-fold: (1) things happen so quickly in the box that the goalie will more often than not have a quick enough reaction to get from where he is standing to a post or to where the ball is being hit. For this reason, players or put on the posts to help the goalie out. (2) If the goalie is out of the net jumping for the ball and is completely out of position, all is not lost as there are two players still on the line there to protect the net.

The other 2 positions that you need to have a player play positionally is on 16 m. line closest to the corner and infront of the goalie. The reason for the player on the 16 m. line is to provide a safety net for any short passes that are made. That player can quickly jump out and force the player away from the net rather than having them dribble into the box freely. Secondly, this forces the player taking the corner to get the ball over this persons head and into the box. The advantages of this is that the player taking the corner cannot easily whip a ball into the most dangerous area of the field (the 5m. box), he/she will have to loop it over or around, giving the goalie a chance to make a play on the ball.

But,this is the first game for the season,they are starting a bit of shaky,but they are going to win at the end of the day.They are the better team,and with wingers like Mane and Salah,Watford is not going to survive long time.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:04 pm

JANCKER wrote:Man mark the biggest aerial threats + zonal defending.

But that's what the book says right? Cover the post, mark your zone and be in front of header takers. The thing is, on corner kicks, for every tactic there's a counter tactic.

Take Dortmund Klopp. The shortest team possible. He parks Gotze before the first post. WTF is the shortest man doing in the box, right? He should be taking the kick.

He runs well before the first post and with an easy back header desincronizes all the defenders who by this time are on the air waiting for the ball. By the time the second ball comes eveyone is on the floor trying to figure out what's going on while Kawaga and co., the shorter midfielders on earth, are now on the air and quite well above everyone else.

In short, on corner kicks, there's no right way to defend.
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:08 pm

In the meantime Pool made the comeback and are leading,3-2(even though their third goal started from an off side pos)

Coutinho is not with the team... food for thought

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe