You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm

#12 wrote: a great coach makes the best of the players he has and adds 1-3 to improve his squad...

Wait this doesn't make sense. So is a coach expected to achieve something with any 8 players no matter how shit they are as long as there are 3 players that the coach wants?

Let me put it this way - before our treble, our past coaches have signed Robben and Ribery for us, so Jupp only had to make, say three major signings: Neuer, Javi and Mandzukic (on top of Dante, Boateng, Rafinha, Shaqiri, etc...). If Robben and Ribery weren't in Bayern then, and Jupp had to also sign them in 2011 or 2012 because they were needed to win our treble, would that make him a less great coach? Or would he have been expected to "get the best out of" Usami and Pranjic? Seriously, doesn't make sense man...
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Just wondering.... who's the best coach in the world for you?

Jupp. Für immer und ewig 8)
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote: a great coach makes the best of the players he has and adds 1-3 to improve his squad...

Wait this doesn't make sense. So is a coach expected to achieve something with any 8 players no matter how shit they are as long as there are 3 players that the coach wants?

Let me put it this way - before our treble, our past coaches have signed Robben and Ribery for us, so Jupp only had to make, say three major signings: Neuer, Javi and Mandzukic (on top of Dante, Boateng, Rafinha, Shaqiri, etc...). If Robben and Ribery weren't in Bayern then, and Jupp had to also sign them in 2011 or 2012 because they were needed to win our treble, would that make him a less great coach? Or would he have been expected to "get the best out of" Usami and Pranjic? Seriously, doesn't make sense man...

Does for me - anyone can have - relative - success if he buys it... A great coach is able to achieve something without spending more than what it takes to nurture Africa for a year...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm

What if the coach doesn't have a team? Also you ought to answer my question there - would Jupp have been a less great coach in that scenario?
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Jupp BECAME a great coach... He was constantly learning, nit constantly buying
Your scenario is nonsense, cause you're assuming there's nothing there... They already had a few quality players... He brought in a whole squad for crying out loud... For hundreds of millions... Jupp brought Javi, Mandzukic and Dante if you will...

Also, finishing third in a shit league DEFINITELY would've made Jupp a less great coach
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:10 pm

It's about exceeding expectations with the squad you have. Pep hasn't done that at ManCity... and buying so many players for such high prices, that won't prove he's a good coach in the end... if they do win the league, it's because they bought it... but if they lose, well...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 am

Jupp bought Neuer, Boateng, Rafinha and went trophyless

Then he added Javi, Mandzukic, Dante and Shaqiri

And he had one of the best Bayern generations at their peak (Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Schweinsteiger)

City asked Pep to win trophies and gave him a huge transfer budget, so he is rebuilding their team. When he was with us, he didn't spend that much. He just adapted to our philosophy
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:13 am

Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the business too and we've just had a disappointing season

Regarding Simeone and Klopp being the best coaches in the world... I guess that you will have that opinion until they coach us and fail. Just like Ancelotti or Favre were considered our saviours when Pep was here
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the business too and we've just had a disappointing season

Regarding Simeone and Klopp being the best coaches in the world... I guess that you will have that opinion until they coach us and fail. Just like Ancelotti or Favre were considered our saviours when Pep was here

I consider Carlo as world class coach... but since he is our coach I did not pick him as not to be biased.
I surely don't rate in that category both Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola.

Forgot Antonio Conte, I dislike his personality but I believe that he is on of the best as well...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:32 pm

City destroyed Madrid last night. Although a friendly it was quite a number Pep did on Zidane!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 am

Arsene Wenger is the greatest coach of all time.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 am

Several British tabloid newspapers wrongly claimed that Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku was unable to collect his recent man-of-the-match prize because he’s a devout Muslim.
The Daily Mail and the Mirror published stories on their respective websites which wrongly stated that the Belgian striker couldn’t pose beside his prize of an alcoholic beverage from sponsors Heineken due to religious beliefs after his side’s game with Manchester City.

Lukaku is, in fact, a devout Christian and fans of the player will have noticed that he regularly makes the sign of the cross while celebrating on the pitch. [source]

:lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:10 am

Hahahaha, I remember very well the days when you'd type a name of any European and Latin American football players who come from the countries whose heritage and majority are Catholic and see muslim near their names in the Google search. :lol:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am

FA will ban divers for two matches [source]
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 pm

DerKaiser wrote:
FA will ban divers for two matches [source]

I have mixed feelings about this, for two reasons. First of all, there's a thin line between a dive and a fall. When does an incident become a 100% dive and when do they rule that the player lost his balance? Or who will judge whether or not the contact was accentuated?

The second issue is that we will have an official admittance that a player cheated, and while the player will be punished retrospectively (and indirectly the club who would be forced to be without his services for two matches), the club (and player, in the case of a red card) that were the victim in the situation during the actual match will still not get re-compensated. If they wanted to be serious about stamping out cheating, the victim in the situation would get a walkover win.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe