You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Atletico has been better two seasons in a row, and the games between the clubs showed that. no shame in admitting that, but what's fair is fair... they were the better team.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Sun May 28, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm smh right now. I give up. You guys are beyond pessimism.

Atletico were lucky on both instances. The away goal and then getting Easy draws this year until Real put them in their place. Also I can see Atletico (and Spurs) becoming irrelevant again once their current coaches decide to leave.

Also Atletico are in danger of getting raided so it's outright foolish to claim that they'll make a sport of us next time around.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:51 pm

i'm not pessimistic, just realistic. you can't claim you're a better team if you lose repeatedly. At best, the two teams are equal... that being said, I think there are only 2-3 teams better/equal to Bayern right now - Real, Atletico, and maybe Juve. If Bayern can get Alexis and a good RB, I'd put us back on top.

Re: coach, I agree.... Simeone's system is making them play really well. If he leaves, they'll regress.

Again, not pessimistic... just realistic!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Don't think we're better than Barca...

And it's not lucky that a team that doesn't create is unable to score...
How come people always realize when other teams are lucky, but never when we are?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 pm

#12 wrote:Don't think we're better than Barca...

And it's not lucky that a team that doesn't create is unable to score...
How come people always realize when other teams are lucky, but never when we are?

Exactly. People just seem to want to turn a blind eye to this. We are unable to create against top teams, that's what's killing us in those games, not luck.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby #12 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Also, we're conceding too much... But that can always happen... You gotta score away to stand a chance in this competition...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun May 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Barcelona without MSN is disgustingly weak. Take that front three out and they're getting outscored every time by a top team like Bayern, Real or Juve. Iniesta, Sergio B, Pique, Rakitic and Mascherano are all on the decline and their new players don't look anything near as good as these aging stalwarts.

When Messi is gone I think Barca will be back to where they had been after their 4-0 defeat against Milan in 1994. Real will dominate them in Spain and they'll once again struggle in Europe. When these once in a generation players retire it's very difficult to fill in the void that is left. Napoli and Maradona come to mind.

Neymar could do a Luis Figo on them and go to a place offering him more money, like Paris or Citeh.

Bayern have a more balanced squad than Barcelona do and I for one would welcome playing them in the group stage to put that Spanish crap to bed.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Erm, yeah, take out Lewandowski, Robben and Ribéry and where does that leave us?
That's naive expections and nothing else... They only acquired Neymar and Suarez recently, for money we wont spend within the next decade... Yes, Messi is outstanding, but they will always be able to attract new players and build a good squad...

It's not necessarily "Spanish crap", as you so freely off-topic rant on (and I'm chiming in ), there's other teams well able to beat us... And it's not crap when it happens 5 times in a row...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Mon May 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Four times. You need to tone down on the hyperbole.

What happened to Barcelona without Neymar and Suarez in 2013? Neymar could very well leave them for money. Also Comparing Messi to our front three is pretty naive. This season on so many occasions he has single handedly won games for Barcelona. If you take out his free kicks, crucial goals (like the one in the Clasico) and assists then Barcelona would finish outside the top four. Bayern has no real superstars (except maybe Robert, Neuer and to an extent Robben) and we play and win as a team. Bayern do alright without Robbery on many occasions. If you don't think that Barcelona in the last few seasons has been overwhelmingly reliant on MSN then I don't think there's any use continuing this argument. Also if you have to rely upon Tu quoque (implying Bayern rely as much on Robert-Arjen-Franck as much as Barca relies on MSN) to make your point then that about sums it up for me.
Remember this Barcelona team lost 4-0 away in the CL and only refereeing errors and a timid opponent allowed them to somehow qualify for the QF.

And what happened to attracting good players when they lost with Cruyff in 1994? A decade of failure in Europe. Barcelona had a golden generation that won them four European cups in one decade, once these players are gone it's gonna be impossible for them to replicate the same success that these folks like Messi and Iniesta had. No matter how good their new exports maybe.

I'm done debating with you. You're just too pessimistic and want to make Bayern the new Manchester United. There's no use continuing this debate.

Bayern are NOT the fifth best team in Europe and anyone who actually thinks that PSG, City and Atletico are a level above us cannot be taken too seriously. Only the two finalists this year are better than us.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:19 pm

America USA wrote:Four times. You need to tone down on the hyperbole.

What happened to Barcelona without Neymar and Suarez in 2013? Neymar could very well leave them for money. Also Comparing Messi to our front three is pretty naive. This season on so many occasions he has single handedly won games for Barcelona. If you take out his free kicks, crucial goals (like the one in the Clasico) and assists then Barcelona would finish outside the top four. Bayern has no real superstars (except maybe Robert, Neuer and to an extent Robben) and we play and win as a team. Bayern do alright without Robbery on many occasions. If you don't think that Barcelona in the last few seasons has been overwhelmingly reliant on MSN then I don't think there's any use continuing this argument. Also if you have to rely upon Tu quoque (implying Bayern rely as much on Robert-Arjen-Franck as much as Barca relies on MSN) to make your point then that about sums it up for me.
Remember this Barcelona team lost 4-0 away in the CL and only refereeing errors and a timid opponent allowed them to somehow qualify for the QF.

And what happened to attracting good players when they lost with Cruyff in 1994? A decade of failure in Europe. Barcelona had a golden generation that won them four European cups in one decade, once these players are gone it's gonna be impossible for them to replicate the same success that these folks like Messi and Iniesta had. No matter how good their new exports maybe.

I'm done debating with you. You're just too pessimistic and want to make Bayern the new Manchester United. There's no use continuing this debate.

Bayern are NOT the fifth best team in Europe and anyone who actually thinks that PSG, City and Atletico are a level above us cannot be taken too seriously. Only the two finalists this year are better than us.

I like being hyperbolic, true, but RM 2014, Barca 2015, Atlético twice in 2016 and RM again in 2017 make five in my book...
Keep saying it, maybe someone will believe it
Better trans are the ones that win bro... We have won 2 away games in 5 years (both Arsenal) and you see us as a top3 team... Yes, in that case, there is no debating, but it's actually not you taking the high road (or not taking it...)
I don't have to rely on anything or compare anything... YOU are the one pulling this childish BS of "just take away three players and look where they're at" - well guess what? THEY HAVE those three and THEY HAVE Messi... It's a BS assumption... I can take any three from us and we would not look mich better, doesn't need to be the front three, can be Neuer, Hummels, Alaba if you will...
Where were we for fucking 25 years before 2001? For another 9 before 2010? They still got enormous pull and they will attract players in the future, because there's one thing that wasn't there in 1994: they won it 4 times in 10 years! A feat that we, despite being so good in your opinion - failed to achieve with OUR golden generation... Believe it or not, we need more world class signings than them to stand a chance of winning the CL again...

And if you still feel like you have to continue this, how about choosing another thread? Last time I checked, neither of Barca, RM, Juve or Bayern played in the EPL...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Mon May 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Bloody Huddersfield in the PL FFS. The time has finally come to hand over our Yorkshire's no.1 crown :twisted: Carrying on this season's trend of every result being the opposite of what I wanted. 59+1 to stay up and Real to win the CL next :twisted:
Strong German influence at Huddersfield by the way. Their coach worked under Klopp at Dortmund and they have a lot if ex 2.BL players
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Lukas wrote:Bloody Huddersfield in the PL FFS. The time has finally come to hand over our Yorkshire's no.1 crown :twisted: Carrying on this season's trend of every result being the opposite of what I wanted. 59+1 to stay up and Real to win the CL next :twisted:
Strong German influence at Huddersfield by the way. Their coach worked under Klopp at Dortmund and they have a lot if ex 2.BL players

German players or just played in the league?
By the way your coach signed for anothet PL club (Watford?)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 pm

All Germans. I'm happy for their German players and coach and kind of hope they do well, but at the same time they're our rivals, our hooligans and theirs have had some big fights over the years and I've seen us lose 4-0 and 5-1 at their stadium so I can't say I like them as a club.

Yes another lower level PL club which is all he'll be capable of until he learns to win away.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40073103

According to BBC, Wenger has signed a two-year extension at Arsenal.... this club :lol: :lol: :lol:

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MillaMjau » Wed May 31, 2017 2:01 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe