You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:55 pm

5 EPL teams just means five will be eliminated instead of the usual four....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

I have been reading Arsenal fans comments online and I cannot believe how smug they are! I myself support them in the Premier League but my goodness the fans are so pathetic. They are shitting on the EL being substandard and are comparing finishing outside top four to relegation! And I can't help but laugh when they say stuff like,"Albania, Romania, Lithuania, Israel here we come!"
Totally disregarding the fact that they could easily get the likes of Milan(Italy), Bilbao(Spain), Cologne(Germany), Braga(Portugal), Lyon(France) or Vitesse(Netherlands) in their group and won't have to travel to Eastern Europe. They think they have a birth right to play in the CL when they have not won their domestic league in 13 years now and have no European pedigree in the last two decades. That's a very arrogant attitude. As an Arsenal supporter I think Arsenal does not deserve to play in the CL unless they can sort themselves out in the PL. if anything they should learn from this and welcome Europa League football and take it seriously. EL winners qualify for CL anyway so why not give it a shot! And I think the EL is more at Arsenals level they are not going to win the CL ahead of the likes of Bayern, Juventus and Madrid. So they should treat the EL with more respect rather than utter disdain. A European trophy is a European trophy. End of discussion.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu May 25, 2017 3:02 pm

My predictions (and wishes)

Chelsea get knocked out by Bayern or Juventus or Madrid in the Knockout rounds.

Spurs are drawn against Bayern and Barcelona in the group stage and fail to make it to the next round.

Manchester United are drawn against Real Madrid and then play us in the Ro16 so that we can make an example out of another team from the so called most competitive league in Europe.

Liverpool gets drawn against Juventus and PSG in the group stage and gets pulverized.

Manchester City are knocked out by either Monaco or Dortmund.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MoFattal » Fri May 26, 2017 3:52 pm

They're going to be much more difficult in the upcoming seasons than in recent years.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Apart from Chelsea no other English team will do anything in the CL. Maybe Manchester City too if they buy nice players in the summer and Pep gets his shit together.

But the other three will collapse as soon as they are up against the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG they'll crumble like a cookie. Heck even Dortmund, Atletico, Napoli, Sevilla, Monaco and Benfica can put United, Spurs and Liverpool in their place.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Again... Wait for it... We're losing Lahm and so far we got Süle and Rudy... I see at least 5 teams WAY superior to us...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Yeah... We're in for a rude awakening. The era of EPL teams sucking is rapidly coming to an end. The major deficiencies holding them back were bad coaching/outdated tactics and extremely poor recruiting. That's over. They are poised to become much better in the next 2 years.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 10:53 pm

^ If you two seriously think that there are FIVE ENGLISH TEAMS superior to Bayern then you're either a total and utter pessimist or Don't have a clue.

I'm willing to bet my house that if Spurs, Liverpool or United get a group of death where they are pitted against teams like Madrid/PSG, Bayern/PSG, Juve/PSG, Juve/Barca or Bayern/Barca, then come December they'll sure as hell be heading to the Europa League.

The only English teams that could make some noise are as I said above Chelsea and to an extent Manchester City.

I swear sometimes you guys on here act as if the apocalypse is upon Bayern!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 pm

America USA wrote:^ If you two seriously think that there are FIVE ENGLISH TEAMS superior to Bayern then you're either a total and utter pessimist or Don't have a clue.

I'm willing to bet my house that if Spurs, Liverpool or United get a group of death where they are pitted against teams like Madrid/PSG, Bayern/PSG, Juve/PSG, Juve/Barca or Bayern/Barca, then come December they'll sure as hell be heading to the Europa League.

The only English teams that could make some noise are as I said above Chelsea and to an extent Manchester City.

I swear sometimes you guys on here act as if the apocalypse is upon Bayern!

Glad you noticed, but you will get used to it....can't imagine living a life where you doubted if the sun will rise tomorrow
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:58 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeah... We're in for a rude awakening. The era of EPL teams sucking is rapidly coming to an end. The major deficiencies holding them back were bad coaching/outdated tactics and extremely poor recruiting. That's over. They are poised to become much better in the next 2 years.

Agreed I have a feeling that buli will soon go back two paces...
Thankfully uefa changed rules and BuLi will still be sending four representatives

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yeah... We're in for a rude awakening. The era of EPL teams sucking is rapidly coming to an end. The major deficiencies holding them back were bad coaching/outdated tactics and extremely poor recruiting. That's over. They are poised to become much better in the next 2 years.

Is it though? I think they're a long way from where they were between 05-12 when they seemed to have a team in the final and at least one semi finalist every season.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 am

I said 5 teams overall, not "just" English teams... All this talk of the CL is kind of funny considering we ended up doing worse every year in the last 4 seasons...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Alexis just scored a wonderful goal

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Sanchez with that "fuck you all I'm worth it" attitude today.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Is there still anyone who doesn't want Alexis in Bayern?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe