You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:43 pm

JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Southgate wants to broaden horizons of English game [source]

''I guess what I want to do next week is have this discussion around where we want to go and the realities of where we are. I always say being an island saved us in 1945, I’m not so sure it’s helped us ever since,” he said, in a reference that would not have sounded out of place in a Roy Hodgson press conference.'' :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Arsenal have approached Borussia Dortmund Thomas Tuchel about replacing Arsène Wenger this summer. (Source: BILD)
JANCKER

Postby Lukas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

''I guess what I want to do next week is have this discussion around where we want to go and the realities of where we are. I always say being an island saved us in 1945, I’m not so sure it’s helped us ever since,” he said, in a reference that would not have sounded out of place in a Roy Hodgson press conference.'' :lol:

Could be wrong but that could be a cryptic anti-Brexit reference.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

''I guess what I want to do next week is have this discussion around where we want to go and the realities of where we are. I always say being an island saved us in 1945, I’m not so sure it’s helped us ever since,” he said, in a reference that would not have sounded out of place in a Roy Hodgson press conference.''

No it is not ... he was clearly referring to WW2.
This BS from England towards all that is German never seems to end...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

''I guess what I want to do next week is have this discussion around where we want to go and the realities of where we are. I always say being an island saved us in 1945, I’m not so sure it’s helped us ever since,” he said, in a reference that would not have sounded out of place in a Roy Hodgson press conference.''

The first bit is referring to WW2 yes, and even as a staunch Teutonophile I agree with that. It's the second part of the statement, about being an island not helping us since, that I wonder about. It's exactly that small minded island mentality that I believe contributed partly to the leave vote, and Southgate is suggesting that he doesn't like this mentality.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]

The first bit is referring to WW2 yes, and even as a staunch Teutonophile I agree with that. It's the second part of the statement, about being an island not helping us since, that I wonder about. It's exactly that small minded island mentality that I believe contributed partly to the leave vote, and Southgate is suggesting that he doesn't like this mentality.[/quote]
No I think it is the fact that you as an island that saved you (like us)from the Luftwaffe

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 am

JANCKER

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 am

ramsej84, Lukas is referring to the second part of the statement. You keep concentrating on the first part about 1945 but in the second part he is talking about AFTER 1945 because he uses the word "since". Basically he could have said "Since 1945, being an island hasn't helped us." which means he only sees disadvantages of being an island, with the exception being 1945. The question is what disadvantages does he see?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 am

Reading it again it makes sense.
But whatever England will soon be joined by others

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Arsène Wenger is willing to sell Alexis Sánchez and Mesut Özil this summer and use the funds to rebuild his Arsenal side. (Source: Times)
JANCKER

Postby JANCKER » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm

JANCKER

Postby theundead » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 pm

JANCKER wrote:Arsène Wenger is willing to sell Alexis Sánchez and Mesut Özil this summer and use the funds to rebuild his Arsenal side. (Source: Times)

So he wants to sell the only two world class players (well maybe ozil isnt worldclass but lets assume for a second) in his team to rebuild? makes perfect sense. /sarcasm
theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm

He can't rebuild abosultely anything. He has gone way too far with his incompetence and lack of leadership at Arsenal. It's time for new faces in that club and Arsene Wenger is definitely not a new face to be introduced to the fans and other football spectators around the world.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:34 pm

theundead wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Arsène Wenger is willing to sell Alexis Sánchez and Mesut Özil this summer and use the funds to rebuild his Arsenal side. (Source: Times)

So he wants to sell the only two world class players (well maybe ozil isnt worldclass but lets assume for a second) in his team to rebuild? makes perfect sense. /sarcasm

Well, his willingness is most likely based on them refusing new contracts (either he sells them and uses the funds to rebuild or he losses them for free next season and rebuild without the funds).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe