You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:41 pm

I am more surprised that he doesn't speak English? He has been there for years.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:55 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I am more surprised that he doesn't speak English? He has been there for years.

He is the best RB in the world. Not the best in English.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Omg Valencia's Spanish is disgusting [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Isn't it his mother language?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Omg Valencia's Spanish is disgusting [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Yeah. Think, idk, Rooney speaking English.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Yeah. Think, idk, Rooney speaking English.

OK

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 pm

Looks like City are still in the race for the title :think:
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:38 pm

There worst thing is it doesn't look like they can drop from the top 4. I did a very quick review and it's all easy features for them from now on. Liverpool are such jackaasees, they should be the ones on Chelsea's tail.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

If it's so then he won't stay in City... but he won't come to Bayern. I'm of the same opinion about Sane... If they keep it up, I see them at Barca/RM.
JANCKER

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:15 am

Why is it disgusting?
tflags

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:22 am

tflags wrote:

Why is it disgusting?

Not against ecuatorians, mind you. Ecuatorians have very nice neutral Spanish. His particular lack of structure and stuff. Didn't mean to offend man.

PunkCapitalist

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:33 am

His Spanish is pretty poor. He is reportedly a bad reader in his native tongue. Comes from having a very poor (material) upbringing. From a poor dialect to a disgusting one there's a lot of ground. I respect the guy. He may not speak that well, but he's a fine kid by any stretch of the word.
tflags

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 am

tflags wrote:His Spanish is pretty poor. He is reportedly a bad reader in his native tongue. Comes from having a very poor (material) upbringing. From a poor dialect to a disgusting one there's a lot of ground. I respect the guy. He may not speak that well, but he's a fine kid by any stretch of the word.

Yeah I figured that of course. Nothing against him otherwise. Our very own Arturo also speaks terribly and most Venezuelan players do so too hehehe

PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:39 am

There's no such thing as a terrible or disgusting dialect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:55 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Valencia

Early life[edit]
Valencia was born on 4 August 1985 in Lago Agrio, near the city of Nueva Loja, Ecuador, which is located in the Amazon rainforest.[6] Valencia helped his mother sell drinks outside the stadium of his local club at Lago Agrio and would then search for empty bottles for his father to sell to a bottle-deposit in the capital, Quito.[7] Valencia used to play barefoot on the pitch next to the bungalow he shared with his parents, five brothers and sister.[8]

When Valencia was aged 11, scout Pedro "Papi" Perlaza spotted him playing on a dusty field near his home, and signed him to the local FA-run sports academy in Sucumbíos.[9] At the age of 16, Valencia did not tell his father he left home to take up an offer to play for El Nacional, the military-backed club in Quito.[10] Nobody knew about Valencia's decision, except his mother and his elder brother, Carlos Alfredo, who paid the fare for his eight-hour bus journey.[11] Valencia began in central midfield and on a salary of 50 dollars a month

went on to check something on him and found this. Nice story... God knows how proud his family is about the career he took.
TBH I don't like his attitude on the field but after each and every person there is a story...
Well done Antonio.

As for his Spanish I can't judge cause I am not able to understand Spanish apart from some very basic words... But dialects exist in every language...
Sometimes I find it hard to understand all Maltese dialects :P Italians have a dialect for each and every region... same is for English...
However IMO one must be fluent in the standard language !
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am

What the story doesn't tell you is that the kid supports his family which began from moving them to Quito and then paying for all their expenses. A few years ago Ecuador's most famous striker passed away and his wife was left with nothing (El Chucho had spent all his money on cars, parties, travel etc). He had a knee issue which meant he moved from team to team uninsured and on a pay-by-play basis. When he passed away, his wife was left with a lot of bills and nothing to support her.

Valencia took care of the stranded family and dedicated Ecuador's qualification to his former friend while the rest of the NT couldn't care less. There are more important things in life than speaking two languages.
tflags

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe