You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: English football

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 pm

This is what I don't like..Klopp is again dropping points against lesser teams..
He will seriously win the league once he cuts this problem out..You guys just wait and watch..just like dortmund was a team of nobody's when he took over..you will see he will turn things on their head once he stems this problem out and yes don't forget spurs ..spurs as we saw today can "grind" results out as well..seriously it would be such a pleasing sight to see one of them win the league..

On another note..WHAT THE HELL IS SCHWEINI STILL DOING THERE??????
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 853 times
Been thanked: 1240 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:55 pm

prasun77 wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS SCHWEINI STILL DOING THERE??????


Getting his salary...
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:00 pm

I am pretty sure he would find a club paying him the same and treat him with a bit more dignity..
how much is he earning by the way?
you know Crystal Palace spent 32 million on Benteke..the mid table english teams also pay nicely nowadays..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 853 times
Been thanked: 1240 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:15 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.


You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.[/quote]
I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7822
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3490 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:36 pm

prasun77 wrote:how much is he earning by the way?


14.3 million GBP

Nobody will pay him that, except China or MLS maybe.
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.

I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


The general consensus in England is that Kun is the best player in the league and has been for the last few seasons. Of course you'll try to spin it as the Premier League being weak but that's just your own agenda. He has scored against every Premier League, big or small, and has done it in Europe. You'll remember this (It's a friendly) :



You haven't given any reasons as to why Ibra is better than Kun and stats don't lie. Kun is the most lethal striker in Premier League history and has done it for the past 5 years. The league isn't a cup format and is a marathon and Pep has won 6 out of 7 league titles in his career. I'm not saying United aren't a threat, they are but they are not stronger than us even with Ibra and Pogba.
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Get ready to be ZLATANED! :P
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.

I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


The general consensus in England is that Kun is the best player in the league and has been for the last few seasons. Of course you'll try to spin it as the Premier League being weak but that's just your own agenda. He has scored against every Premier League, big or small, and has done it in Europe. You'll remember this (It's a friendly) :



You haven't given any reasons as to why Ibra is better than Kun and stats don't lie. Kun is the most lethal striker in Premier League history and has done it for the past 5 years. The league isn't a cup format and is a marathon and Pep has won 6 out of 7 league titles in his career. I'm not saying United aren't a threat, they are but they are not stronger than us even with Ibra and Pogba.[/quote]
I don't care what the consensus is. The consensus outside of England is that England doesn't actually know what football is. The truth is the EPL has been extremely weak for years now and that's pretty much obvious... Every English team has been routinely humiliated in Europe whenever it mattered for years... (Except that sad incident I'm not even mentioning). If Agüero were indeed as good as you think he is, he would not play for City, he would be contesting the CL with a team that doesn't need a full truckload of luck to reach the quarters (last season the mother of truckloads of luck, only surpassed by Madrid's). And he would also be the starting striker for his country, btw... With this I don't even mean that he isn't good, but he is no Suarez, no Benzema, no Lewandowski and (this one is actually relevant for you) he is no Ibrahimovic... Hell, I'd say he is not even at Aubemayang's level, but that's up to dispute.

PD: whenever I browse bluemoon I'm reminded of how little your fans understand any football. All the way to guys saying they should buy another striker cause, you know, Pep would love to play 442 ( ) and those who think Gündogan should be used as City's Xabi (Gündogan is a player with Thiago's characteristics, a dribbling number 10 converted to CM. The "Defensive" player in Pep's system is mostly an static distributor who doesn't dribble, doesn't take risks and doesn't do much classical defensing... Think Kroos or Busquets).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7822
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3490 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:19 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.
I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


The general consensus in England is that Kun is the best player in the league and has been for the last few seasons. Of course you'll try to spin it as the Premier League being weak but that's just your own agenda. He has scored against every Premier League, big or small, and has done it in Europe. You'll remember this (It's a friendly) :



You haven't given any reasons as to why Ibra is better than Kun and stats don't lie. Kun is the most lethal striker in Premier League history and has done it for the past 5 years. The league isn't a cup format and is a marathon and Pep has won 6 out of 7 league titles in his career. I'm not saying United aren't a threat, they are but they are not stronger than us even with Ibra and Pogba.

I don't care what the consensus is. The consensus outside of England is that England doesn't actually know what football is. The truth is the EPL has been extremely weak for years now and that's pretty much obvious... Every English team has been routinely humiliated in Europe whenever it mattered for years... (Except that sad incident I'm not even mentioning). If Agüero were indeed as good as you think he is, he would not play for City, he would be contesting the CL with a team that doesn't need a full truckload of luck to reach the quarters (last season the mother of truckloads of luck, only surpassed by Madrid's). And he would also be the starting striker for his country, btw... With this I don't even mean that he isn't good, but he is no Suarez, no Benzema, no Lewandowski and (this one is actually relevant for you) he is no Ibrahimovic... Hell, I'd say he is not even at Aubemayang's level, but that's up to dispute.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


So you don't care about the general consensus in England and, instead, are placing credibility on the views of people who don't want English football reguarly'? There reason Kun is rated so highly in this country is because we watch him every week and he has scored against all opposition multiple times. You don't care about facts and stats because they destroy your argument because you can't lie about the facts. The reason Kun still plays for us has nothing to do with a lack of interest. The former Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta came out and said Kun was their first choice ahead of Suarez but they couldn't reach an agreement with us because we wouldn't sell him. Madrid have tried for him several times but, again, we're not a selling club and our players are happy here. Maybe the reason England have struggled in Europe is because of a lack of top quality managers and, despite that, we reached the semis last season beating PSG comfortably. We breezed past CSKA as well with ease. There has been a difference us and the big 3 but that's really it. Now we have Pep, it would be a tad ironic if he were to guide us to CL success which isn't out of the realms of possibility. Auba, Benzema and Ibra aren't on Kun's level and, again, you can't provide a single valid reason as to why they are.

Bottom line, Kun has scored against the likes of Barca, Bayern, Madrid and EVERY Premier League club and is the most lethal striker the Premier League has ever seen. That's really the end of the discussion.
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:29 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.
I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


The general consensus in England is that Kun is the best player in the league and has been for the last few seasons. Of course you'll try to spin it as the Premier League being weak but that's just your own agenda. He has scored against every Premier League, big or small, and has done it in Europe. You'll remember this (It's a friendly) :



You haven't given any reasons as to why Ibra is better than Kun and stats don't lie. Kun is the most lethal striker in Premier League history and has done it for the past 5 years. The league isn't a cup format and is a marathon and Pep has won 6 out of 7 league titles in his career. I'm not saying United aren't a threat, they are but they are not stronger than us even with Ibra and Pogba.

I don't care what the consensus is. The consensus outside of England is that England doesn't actually know what football is. The truth is the EPL has been extremely weak for years now and that's pretty much obvious... Every English team has been routinely humiliated in Europe whenever it mattered for years... (Except that sad incident I'm not even mentioning). If Agüero were indeed as good as you think he is, he would not play for City, he would be contesting the CL with a team that doesn't need a full truckload of luck to reach the quarters (last season the mother of truckloads of luck, only surpassed by Madrid's). And he would also be the starting striker for his country, btw... With this I don't even mean that he isn't good, but he is no Suarez, no Benzema, no Lewandowski and (this one is actually relevant for you) he is no Ibrahimovic... Hell, I'd say he is not even at Aubemayang's level, but that's up to dispute.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


So you don't care about the general consensus in England and, instead, are placing credibility on the views of people who don't want English football reguarly'? There reason Kun is rated so highly in this country is because we watch him every week and he has scored against all opposition multiple times. You don't care about facts and stats because they destroy your argument because you can't lie about the facts. The reason Kun still plays for us has nothing to do with a lack of interest. The former Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta came out and said Kun was their first choice ahead of Suarez but they couldn't reach an agreement with us because we wouldn't sell him. Madrid have tried for him several times but, again, we're not a selling club and our players are happy here. Maybe the reason England have struggled in Europe is because of a lack of top quality managers and, despite that, we reached the semis last season beating PSG comfortably. We breezed past CSKA as well with ease. There has been a difference us and the big 3 but that's really it. Now we have Pep, it would be a tad ironic if he were to guide us to CL success which isn't out of the realms of possibility. Auba, Benzema and Ibra aren't on Kun's level and, again, you can't provide a single valid reason as to why they are.[/quote]
No, i dont trust in stats because I actually understand the complexities of their interpretation.

Funny that you say I judge EPL without watching it, cause I think the Brits are the ones who don't watch any league other than EPL (hence their complete ignorance about players from elsewhere). I watch plenty of La Liga and EPL, mind you. EPL has been a ping-pong random long-balling circus for a few years now.

The coaches point is true, but player quality has also been at the floor for years. For the record, I think EPL's European record is bound to improve now that decent coaches are at the helm. But it's not as much about the tactics, it's about the purchases... The Mangalas, Bonys, Bentekes, Fellainis et all, aren't players a sane coach would get (much less for +50m). That's (sadly) bound to improve cause Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp are not retards...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7822
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3490 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Lukas » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Shaun Maloney and Abel Hernandez are better than both of them 8)
User avatar
Lukas
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
National Flag:
European Union
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 1251 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:08 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Image

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.
I don't think any team or set of fans in Europe, other than City of course, (not a single one) would take Agüero over Ibrahimovic even at 35. That says it all.
Stats are BS. Agüero has been in City during the very worst period in English football in recent memory. Pretty much all the teams in your league have been shit for at least 4 years. Stats alone say nothing.

If the league were played in a cup format, I'd be certain United would win (absolutely dead certain Guardiola wouldn't... As we Bayern fans came to painfully know). But what someone said above is true too, you won't be dropping points against the shitty teams any more. If united doesn't either, then I think they will win. I think they have the edge, but it's not a huge one.

On another note: Sad Liverpool beats all the big teams but can't handle the minnows... Klopp seems unable to be anything other than the underdog.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
The general consensus in England is that Kun is the best player in the league and has been for the last few seasons. Of course you'll try to spin it as the Premier League being weak but that's just your own agenda. He has scored against every Premier League, big or small, and has done it in Europe. You'll remember this (It's a friendly) :



You haven't given any reasons as to why Ibra is better than Kun and stats don't lie. Kun is the most lethal striker in Premier League history and has done it for the past 5 years. The league isn't a cup format and is a marathon and Pep has won 6 out of 7 league titles in his career. I'm not saying United aren't a threat, they are but they are not stronger than us even with Ibra and Pogba.
I don't care what the consensus is. The consensus outside of England is that England doesn't actually know what football is. The truth is the EPL has been extremely weak for years now and that's pretty much obvious... Every English team has been routinely humiliated in Europe whenever it mattered for years... (Except that sad incident I'm not even mentioning). If Agüero were indeed as good as you think he is, he would not play for City, he would be contesting the CL with a team that doesn't need a full truckload of luck to reach the quarters (last season the mother of truckloads of luck, only surpassed by Madrid's). And he would also be the starting striker for his country, btw... With this I don't even mean that he isn't good, but he is no Suarez, no Benzema, no Lewandowski and (this one is actually relevant for you) he is no Ibrahimovic... Hell, I'd say he is not even at Aubemayang's level, but that's up to dispute.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


So you don't care about the general consensus in England and, instead, are placing credibility on the views of people who don't want English football reguarly'? There reason Kun is rated so highly in this country is because we watch him every week and he has scored against all opposition multiple times. You don't care about facts and stats because they destroy your argument because you can't lie about the facts. The reason Kun still plays for us has nothing to do with a lack of interest. The former Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta came out and said Kun was their first choice ahead of Suarez but they couldn't reach an agreement with us because we wouldn't sell him. Madrid have tried for him several times but, again, we're not a selling club and our players are happy here. Maybe the reason England have struggled in Europe is because of a lack of top quality managers and, despite that, we reached the semis last season beating PSG comfortably. We breezed past CSKA as well with ease. There has been a difference us and the big 3 but that's really it. Now we have Pep, it would be a tad ironic if he were to guide us to CL success which isn't out of the realms of possibility. Auba, Benzema and Ibra aren't on Kun's level and, again, you can't provide a single valid reason as to why they are.

No, i dont trust in stats because I actually understand the complexities of their interpretation.

Funny that you say I judge EPL without watching it, cause I think the Brits are the ones who don't watch any league other than EPL (hence their complete ignorance about players from elsewhere). I watch plenty of La Liga and EPL, mind you. EPL has been a ping-pong random long-balling circus for a few years now.

The coaches point is true, but player quality has also been at the floor for years. For the record, I think EPL's European record is bound to improve now that decent coaches are at the helm. But it's not as much about the tactics, it's about the purchases... The Mangalas, Bonys, Bentekes, Fellainis et all, aren't players a sane coach would get (much less for +50m). That's (sadly) bound to improve cause Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp are not retards...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Stats can be complex but it's pretty clear in this case. Kun is, by some way, the most clinical forward in Premier League history. Of course EPL fans comment about other leagues without watching them but you wouldn't give any credence to their views the same way the consensus outside England has no credibility commenting on the English game without watching regularly. Now the quality of coaches has improved in the league, we'll be more competitive in Europe and our players will improve. I've already seen the likes of Sterling improve and play to his strengths. Even Kun has benefitted bagging 6 in 3 games.
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Quote pyramids sink ships.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1918 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:20 pm

quaazi wrote:Quote pyramids sink ships.

I made the mistake of opening the post on Tapatalk :cry:
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39754
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13338 times
Been thanked: 10523 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Image
JANCKER

 

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sherpthederp and 5 guests