You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Just checked some scores and it looks like Pep won convincingly on a cold windy Saturday night at Stoke. Surely no more doubters now? :D
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:18 pm

I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Just checked some scores and it looks like Pep won convincingly on a cold windy Saturday night at Stoke. Surely no more doubters now? :D

I doubt it.

(It was a cold Saturday midday)
tflags

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:25 pm

MoFattal wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

I didnt watch the City game, but United seems stronger to me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:26 pm

It seems that The Pep mania is still strong:lol:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Both are good so far, but I believe City has a better squad and won't lose many points against the "lesser" teams.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ottackon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm

The PL will be amazing to watch this season.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Lukas » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:01 pm

GET IN!!!!!!!

We're coming for you, you manc bastards. Massive top of the table clash next week. Red Mancs at home...
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Just checked some scores and it looks like Pep won convincingly on a cold windy Saturday night at Stoke. Surely no more doubters now? :D

Nah, he only managed it in the afternoon. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:00 pm

#1 Chelsea
#2 Man Utd
#3 Man C
#4 Pool

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:04 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Don't forget we have Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Vincent Kompany and Claudio Bravo all set to come in soon enough!

Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

PunkCapitalist

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

Gündogan is fantastic, but Pogba is much better. Leroy is a baby. Overall United and City have similar quality squads, but Ibra and Pogba give them the edge. They are WC and you don't even have a single player of that level.

PD: don't forget they are yet to integrate Mhikitaryan, who is much better than Mata and as good as KdB.

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.[/quote]

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

PunkCapitalist

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I watched the game and they are in good form to be honest. I think they are favorites to win the title this season.

And it's not about quality of players, it's about how they all work together. We're already seeing Nolito and Aguero forming a wonderful partnership and it'll only get stronger when Gundogan and Sane join the attack. Sane may be a 'baby' but he's so quick and already an upgrade on Navas.

You do realize 11 players is the maximum you can have on the field at the same time, don't you? You can't field KdB, Agüero, Sané, Nolito, Sterling and Silva while keeping a functional MF and Defense. You can (at most) field 4 of those.

But that's secondary. You're just assuming that your team will work better together than United and I don't see why. I *HATE* Mourinho, but he is surely a great manager. He already has Fellaini, Rooney and Blind looking like proper players. I think they will only improve.

PD: Agüero is not on the same league as Zlatan or Pogba. None of your players are. Sorry.

Edit: just checked and saw that Pep is indeed "brave" enough to field a Silva-Fernandinho-KdB midfield :') I hope he fields that against United, Chelsea, Pool and in the CL. It would be awesome.

Ibra is not better than Aguero. Kun is the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world. That isn't up for debate. He has the best goals to minute ratio in Premier League history ahead of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney etc. Interestingly enough, today he matched Drogba's Premier League goals totoal (104) and managed to do it in 102 games fewer. Saying Kun is not in Ibra's league is absurd beyond reason.

And I'm aware that there are only 11 players on the pitch but the key to winning the league is a strong squad or being very lucky with injuries which we haven't been for the last couple of years. We have a fantastic squad and can keep players fit through rotation. You also ignore how Pep is making the likes of Kolarov, Sterling, Silva etc play better and getting the best out of them which is so important. We are playing like a team and we have fight which I haven't seen in a long time. United may have started well, but sure have too.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe