You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:49 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:We'll give you our trash, promise... thanks for Boateng btw... I guess that Mancini was a great manager too...

Don't even bring Boa into this. They still think Kompany ( x'D ) is a better CB than him. They don't rate him at all.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

He wasn't very good for us and was homesick. Shame that we didn't sell him on for more but he may never have thrived if he was here. And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby La Bestia Negra » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 am

Kompany over Hummels or Boateng? Hardly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The name's Bond, James Rodriguez"
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:16 am

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:We'll give you our trash, promise... thanks for Boateng btw... I guess that Mancini was a great manager too...

Don't even bring Boa into this. They still think Kompany ( x'D ) is a better CB than him. They don't rate him at all.

He wasn't very good for us and was homesick. Shame that we didn't sell him on for more but he may never have thrived if he was here. And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.

The Boa part is true. He might have not developed had you not sold him, who knows. But, it remains ironical that City fans don't rate him, because he is pretty much *the* perfect CB for a Pep team. His long-range passing is extremely valuable for Pep and makes him a CD and a MF rolled into one (and God knows, if Pep could he would field 11 midfielders at once lol).

I don't think Kompany would be a starter for us. With Boa and Hummels he wouldnt have a chance. Without Hummels (last season) maaaaaayyybbeeee as Benatia was an utter failure and Javi was absent for prolonged periods.

Haven't watched Stones much (I don't really recall ever watching him actually) but I think I've read that he is a ball playing CD, so he might be your best bet for next season. Would also consider Mustafi (his chemistry with Ottamendi is proven).

Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:18 am

itisrising wrote:And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.

Yeah and Delph is better than Vidal.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby itisrising » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 am

itisrising wrote:

He wasn't very good for us and was homesick. Shame that we didn't sell him on for more but he may never have thrived if he was here. And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.[/quote]
The Boa part is true. He might have not developed had you not sold him, who knows. But, it remains ironical that City fans don't rate him, because he is pretty much *the* perfect CB for a Pep team. His long-range passing is extremely valuable for Pep and makes him a CD and a MF rolled into one (and God knows, if Pep could he would field 11 midfielders at once lol).

I don't think Kompany would be a starter for us. With Boa and Hummels he wouldnt have a chance. Without Hummels (last season) maaaaaayyybbeeee as Benatia was an utter failure and Javi was absent for prolonged periods.

Haven't watched Stones much (I don't really recall ever watching him actually) but I think I've read that he is a ball playing CD, so he might be your best bet for next season. Would also consider Mustafi (his chemistry with Ottamendi is proven).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think we all know how good Boateng is but we all remember how average he was for us. His heart wasn't in it and he was homesick. Truth be told, we need a CB with good ball skills because no one in our side possesses apart from Denayer.

I'm certain Kompany would walk into your side right now. He's a leader, a colossus at the back. If he could stay fit, he's the best in our league by a country mile. He really does need a partner however. Mangala lacks the intelligence to make it and I have no idea how to describe Otamendi. He has this tendency to slide around the pitch and leave us exposed at the back and fall over the slighest contact. However, some games he's a brick wall. The most confusing player to judge.

And I'd love Mustafi, looks a really good player. I really think our issue is our fullback, we need a top one. Any chance on Alaba lads? We'd generously offer you Kolarov in return!

shpati_L1 wrote:
itisrising wrote:And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.

Yeah and Delph is better than Vidal.

Delph is terrible. But Yaya in his prime is better than Vidal.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:36 am

Problem with City is that Pep is at a huge disadvantage without players that work tactically for him. It's like giving Jose Mourinho 11 Juan Matas. Yes, Juan is a very good player, but doesn't fit what Jose wants to do and would be a pointless player for Jose.

GOOD and strong managers sell players and buy players that fit their mold/tactics. I totally disagree with the notion that a manager should try to fit best with what is front of him because that is nonsense. The players being brought in should have a lot to due with playstyle.

Losing Laporte is huge, because now Everton can really raise Stones price +English Tax. However, what he could do is drop Fernandinho back to play the ballplaying CB role, which I could potentially see pep doing and pairing him up with otamendi for the time being. Still, at the moment, Pep is screwed with the team in front of him...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby itisrising » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:39 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Problem with City is that Pep is at a huge disadvantage without players that work tactically for him. It's like giving Jose Mourinho 11 Juan Matas. Yes, Juan is a very good player, but doesn't fit what Jose wants to do and would be a pointless player for Jose.

GOOD and strong managers sell players and buy players that fit their mold/tactics. I totally disagree with the notion that a manager should try to fit best with what is front of him because that is nonsense. The players being brought in should have a lot to due with playstyle.

Losing Laporte is huge, because now Everton can really raise Stones price +English Tax. However, what he could do is drop Fernandinho back to play the ballplaying CB role, which I could potentially see pep doing and pairing him up with otamendi for the time being. Still, at the moment, Pep is screwed with the team in front of him...

Laporte is a very good player and it's a shame to miss out on him but we'll be fine. We don't have a real issue with CB's as we do with full backs. The issue, like you stated, is Everton will hold out for as much money as possible for Stones. However, I think Stones will do everything in his power to push through a move.

Fernandinho is a good shout and he did play there last season for around half an hour and was excellent. He's the underrated player we have and he's so versatile. However, I think people are forgetting that we have Jason Denayer coming back from loan. He's everything a 'Pep player' should be. Brilliant on the ball, vision and can drive attacks from the back. He's only 20 but there's no reason he can't be as good as Laporte. He's a real prospect. Here's a video of his last campaign and you'll see his confidence on the ball:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/KLqYy4T7r_c[/youtube]
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 am

Best in PL? Shame that coffe-emoticon can't be used with tapatalk... ;)

Kompany would walk - were he able to - in FC Bayern II maybe... If he improves a little, that is...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:57 pm

itisrising wrote:He wasn't very good for us and was homesick. Shame that we didn't sell him on for more but he may never have thrived if he was here. And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.

Maybe a couple of years ago but definitely not after the Hummels transfer. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:59 pm

#12 wrote:Best in PL? Shame that coffe-emoticon can't be used with tapatalk... ;)

Kompany would walk - were he able to - in FC Bayern II maybe... If he improves a little, that is...

Btw, you just need to type out the emoticon yourself and it appears on browsers :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Kompany has bloopers in decisive games always, something like our former player Big Dan... I used to watch City only because of Boa but then I saw Mancini's "genius"...
Kompany is a "leader" and all that, just like Benatia was before he joined us, Benatia walked into our side tbh but that didn't stop him to flop... When you pay 30M+ for someone, not that hard to predict that he'll walk in... that sum alone will help him.
JANCKER

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Feghouli signed for West Ham on a free transfer.

Really good transfer for them and a cheap alternative to Lacezette. West Ham is rising up the ranks and will probably end up top 6-8 next season at the minimun.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Feghouli signed for West Ham on a free transfer.

Really good transfer for them and a cheap alternative to Lacezette. West Ham is rising up the ranks and will probably end up top 6-8 next season at the minimun.

Sure hope so, West Ham is the only English team I like and Feghouli is looking like a solid transfer on a free.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:22 pm

West ham and the Croatian are doing a good job with the team.

Hopefully Carroll can play a full season healthy and they don't have to rely on Payet for everything. A few more signings and they are looking good for the upcoming season.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby itisrising » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
itisrising wrote:He wasn't very good for us and was homesick. Shame that we didn't sell him on for more but he may never have thrived if he was here. And Kompany would walk into your side if he was fit.

Maybe a couple of years ago but definitely not after the Hummels transfer. :)

I'd say Kompany is better than Hummels.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe