You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:37 pm

this afternoon my cousin asked me info about him...
I

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue May 24, 2016 6:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:this afternoon my cousin asked me info about him...
I

Another Stuttgart mega fail near Bernd Leno(he moved to City some 6 years ago). He was in VfB's youth setup, Ulm's football school(Hoeneß brothers, Badstuber...). Among three GKs, they opted for Ulreich(Bayern's no. 2 from the last summer). :lol: That's why die Zweite Liga. 8) :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 11:17 am

Apparently Bayern are in for Sane too! Come one lads, you don't need another winger!
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby #12 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 am

Yeah we do... Especially a German and very talented one...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 11:33 am

#12 wrote:Yeah we do... Especially a German and very talented one...

Why would you need another winger? You have 4 top class wingers? Sane wouldn't even play!
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 am

City and pep have a better shot getting him than we do...

However, that would mean selling Silva or KDB... Man City will probably have a huge overhaul this summer anyways and I could see a lot of your spine leaving this summer or the next.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:41 am

Yeah he would... Who says he would at City? ;)

It's better for him to stay in Germany for at least a year...

And right now, Robbery don't even make ONE top class winger... Costa is either out of form or back to his normal self which would mean he's no top class winger either... And Coman still needs time... We need him...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 12:20 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah he would... Who says he would at City? ;)

It's better for him to stay in Germany for at least a year...

And right now, Robbery don't even make ONE top class winger... Costa is either out of form or back to his normal self which would mean he's no top class winger either... And Coman still needs time... We need him...

Sane needs time also. He needs playing time to develop and he'd get that here. We only have two wingers, one being Navas. I think Sane would see that his development at City would be better than Bayern if he were to move.

Thiagoalcantara wrote:City and pep have a better shot getting him than we do...

However, that would mean selling Silva or KDB... Man City will probably have a huge overhaul this summer anyways and I could see a lot of your spine leaving this summer or the next.

I don't think it does at all. Both players are versatile and, right now, Navas is playing in his Sane's preferred position. And our spine may change but we've had that spine for 5 to 6 seasons now.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm

If he was thinking short term move to a big club City is probably the better option. He would have an easier time breaking in and the more physical, less tactically demanding football would suit his dribbling.

Long term though he'd be best to stay at Schalke, then Bayern. That's how he stays in the NT radar, and in a year if he's matured and after Robbery move on he's on a top European team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 pm

pyrasur wrote:If he was thinking short term move to a big club City is probably the better option. He would have an easier time breaking in and the more physical, less tactically demanding football would suit his dribbling.

Long term though he'd be best to stay at Schalke, then Bayern. That's how he stays in the NT radar, and in a year if he's matured and after Robbery move on he's on a top European team.

I disagree. I think both short term and long term, a move to City benefits him. The chance to be a starter and improve under Pep would be a tremendous opportunity for him. The league, like you stated, may well suit him. At Bayern, he'd need to wait years to become a starter and it would be contingent on him being better than Coman and Robben which may be difficult for him. Gotze would be an example of a young player that's struggling after making the move to Bayern.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 25, 2016 3:07 pm

itisrising wrote:
pyrasur wrote:If he was thinking short term move to a big club City is probably the better option. He would have an easier time breaking in and the more physical, less tactically demanding football would suit his dribbling.

I disagree. I think both short term and long term, a move to City benefits him. The chance to be a starter and improve under Pep would be a tremendous opportunity for him. The league, like you stated, may well suit him. At Bayern, he'd need to wait years to become a starter and it would be contingent on him being better than Coman and Robben which may be difficult for him. Gotze would be an example of a young player that's struggling after making the move to Bayern.

Not true. Robben and Ribery no longer count and will be off in one more season most likely. They can barely stay fit anymore. Costa in my view is only a transitional player who will help us stay competitive between the Robbery era and whatever comes next. He is good, but not Robbery-good. Sané (RW) would be the ideal partner for Coman (LW) long term.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:

Not true. Robben and Ribery no longer count and will be off in one more season most likely. They can barely stay fit anymore. Costa in my view is only a transitional player who will help us stay competitive between the Robbery era and whatever comes next. He is good, but not Robbery-good. Sané (RW) would be the ideal partner for Coman (LW) long term.

For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 25, 2016 3:58 pm

You are forgetting factors such as the fact that he won't have to leave the country if he joins Bayern. For most German players, playing for Bayern is a sign that you've made it in your career, maybe even more so than playing for one of the Spanish sides.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:[quote="pyrasur"]If he was thinking short term move to a big club City is probably the better option. He would have an easier time breaking in and the more physical, less tactically demanding football would suit his dribbling.

For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.[/quote]
Well, playing for Bayern Munich is in itself much better than playing for you. I don't think it's a case of Bundesliga teams wanting to sell to us, but rather the players pushing that way. Leverkusen famously refused to sell Vidal to us back in the day and our acquisitions from Dortmund were 1st release clause 2nd end of contract 3rd player pushing to come back home (family, trophies and all of that too).
I suspect KDB wanted to come to Bayern as a first option but gave away when Wolfsburg wanted to cash in for a higher price (we were not going to pay the ridiculous sum you did, especially for a player who would have been just a luxury signing).

Also, you speak so much about playing for Pep and his pulling power that you make it sound like we were left with Pellegrini or something... we've got a 3 times CL winning coach coming in. But regardless of that, as an institution we clearly have much more pulling power than your team, and much more so for German players.

PunkCapitalist

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.[/quote]
Well, playing for Bayern Munich is in itself much better than playing for you. I don't think it's a case of Bundesliga teams wanting to sell to us, but rather the players pushing that way. Leverkusen famously refused to sell Vidal to us back in the day and our acquisitions from Dortmund were 1st release clause 2nd end of contract 3rd player pushing to come back home (family, trophies and all of that too).
I suspect KDB wanted to come to Bayern as a first option but gave away when Wolfsburg wanted to cash in for a higher price (we were not going to pay the ridiculous sum you did, especially for a player who would have been just a luxury signing).

Also, you speak so much about playing for Pep and his pulling power that you make it sound like we were left with Pellegrini or something... we've got a 3 times CL winning coach coming in. But regardless of that, as an institution we clearly have much more pulling power than your team, and much more so for German players.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I'm not denying you have pulling power, you guys do, especially for German talent. But in terms of development, however, Pep has far more of a reputation of developing players than Carlo does. If Sane wants to be a guaranteed starter and learn from the best, we're the best place for him. I'm not quite sure what the relationship is between Wolfsburg and Bayern but I remember reading that Volkswagen had something to do with it. And you also seem to forget the financial pull we have in these deals.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe