You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: English football

Postby TheJeff » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 pm

JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:JANCKER - Let me get this correct.
You are seriously calling Wenger a coward for NOT giving up when faced with a challenge and instead fighting through it?

:lol:

Most of the players which left were mercenaries, they left because of the money.

In my opinion, he would be more of a coward if he done what you suggested, to give up, quit, leave Arsenal and move on to a "easier" project where the club had already gone through the transition, where the teams have already been built, where the finances are already great.

When faced with the storm, Wenger decided to ride it out and I'm glad he did. If it wasn't for him, the Premier League would have been a one horse race until the lads with oil came in.

How else do you get a club to fight against the evil oily clubs?


The problem is that Arsenal didn't fight them, selling your best players to them, what kind of fighting is that... Arsenal is the worst rivalry a league can have. The only rival to the oil teams and MUFC is Liverpool and look how are they doing...
He stayed there and gets more blame than praise, it's normal for every coach to leave when the club switches in money-making mode. He won't get those years back anymore, he wasted a career for money cause that's all he got in all those years there.
The coach would get fired if he did bad... why can't a coach leave when a club management is doing bad? :P
They would've fired him if he didn't earn them that 4th place money... the 4th place is all what matters to Arsenal, that's rivalry?


When I posed the question "How else do you get a club to fight against the evil oily clubs?" - I meant in the long term.
I guess that means there are a lack of fighting clubs and rivalry against Bayern then in that respect?
Who are the best players sold to our rivals which you are referring to?
It depends on who's opinion you take really, as I previously mentioned, the fan base is split against Wenger.

Wenger stuck by the club that he loves and built it up, rather than to be a coward when the going got tough. He didn't waste his career, he made it. He was the best person for the job and he achieved what the board set out to do. The move was necessary for Arsenal to expand and any other manager would have done a lot worse in my opinion.
Even if Wenger decided to move on, it would still mean Arsenal selling their players during that period.
4th place isn't all that mattered, it was a necessary criteria in order to get the Champions League cash injection, which we are far less dependent on now due to the TV money.

How else could the club expand during that time period?
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby pyrasur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 am

You don't understand, brave people have no loyalty.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4507
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 3035 times
Been thanked: 2022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Loyal to a disloyal club? :P
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby TheJeff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:You don't understand, brave people have no loyalty.


Clearly we are all on a different page here.

JANCKER wrote:Loyal to a disloyal club? :P


You avoided my questions..
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:23 pm

TheJeff wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Loyal to a disloyal club? :P


You avoided my questions..


Nah, how many years do you have to go back to find the competitive Arsenal? The rivalry that Arsenal offers suits oily clubs well, anytime they want they can go and grab their best player.
Hmmm who were the players, I can't remember them all, but you strengthened not only your competitors in the domestic league but also in the intl stage, like Barca.
Arsenal is a market for big spenders... and Wenger is happy to work there as a cashier even if he has to deal with angry costumers at times, no ambitions whatsoever.
I was on Wenger's side every time, but he got too comfortable there, win or lose it doesn't really matter anymore...
MUFC-Arsenal rivalry, that's a funny rivalry... Meh
English football has drowned with Liverpool, there isn't much left English in that league anymore.
Wenger is going to become history after tonight. :wink:

PS
If Arsenal changed its transfer policy with Wenger in charge, they would've easily won 2 CLs and several PLs by now. He can't build a top team eternally, he can't find the best replacement for the best player every year so if he had a bit of dignity or ambition left in him, he'd have resigned. :P
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby TheJeff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm

JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Loyal to a disloyal club? :P


You avoided my questions..


Nah, how many years do you have to go back to find the competitive Arsenal? The rivalry that Arsenal offers suits oily clubs well, anytime they want they can go and grab their best player.
Hmmm who were the players, I can't remember them all, but you strengthened not only your competitors in the domestic league but also in the intl stage, like Barca.
Arsenal is a market for big spenders... and Wenger is happy to work there as a cashier even if he has to deal with angry costumers at times, no ambitions whatsoever.
I was on Wenger's side every time, but he got too comfortable there, win or lose it doesn't really matter anymore...
MUFC-Arsenal rivalry, that's a funny rivalry... Meh
English football has drowned with Liverpool, there isn't much left English in that league anymore.
Wenger is going to be history after tonight. :wink:



"Nah, how many years do you have to go back to find the competitive Arsenal?"

You only have to go back to last year to find a competitive Arsenal. An extract from a post I wrote in another thread:

"Last year against the big teams the results were as follows:
Manchester Utd: W1, D1, L1
Manchester City: W2, D1
Liverpool: W1, D1
Chelsea: D1, L1"

"anytime they want they can go and grab their best player."

Do you really believe this? I have a feeling you are thinking the oily clubs are like Bayern and the Bundesliga.
English clubs no longer need to sell their best players. Why would any player want to move from Arsenal to another rival in the Premier League? Look at the case of Chelsea and John Stones. Offers of around £35million were put on the table and Everton held onto him.
The above results show how much of a chance Arsenal have compared to the domestic rivals to win the Premier League. In regards to Europe, English club do pretty poor - but I believe this is due to the fixture congestion which has really taken its toll in recent years. This, along with lower ranked clubs being able to buy better player from Europe have made the games harder.

"Hmmm who were the players, I can't remember them all, but you strengthened not only your competitors in the domestic league but also in the intl stage, like Barca."

"Arsenal is a market for big spenders... and Wenger is happy to work there as a cashier even if he has to deal with angry costumers at times, no ambitions whatsoever."

To our domestic rivals, the only players worth mentioning are Van Persie, Nasri and Clichy. Need I say more?
In terms of selling to Europe - during that period, who didn't sell to Real Madrid or Barcelona?

I also believe the rest of Europe has become a market for the Premier League big spenders..

"English football has drowned with Liverpool, there isn't much left English in that league anymore."

I do agree on this point. Good English players are hard to come by which obviously affects their price.
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:07 pm

TheJeff wrote:Last year against the big teams the results were as follows:
Manchester Utd: W1, D1, L1
Manchester City: W2, D1
Liverpool: W1, D1
Chelsea: D1, L1"


Result? 4th place again. :P
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:08 pm

"like Bayern and the Bundesliga" - that again? What do you mean by that? How many players did we take from competition in the last 5 years? And how many of them would've switched sides anyways?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22662
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1144 times
Been thanked: 5245 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm

#12 wrote:And how many of them would've switched sides anyways?


Destination: England
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby TheJeff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:24 pm

JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:Last year against the big teams the results were as follows:
Manchester Utd: W1, D1, L1
Manchester City: W2, D1
Liverpool: W1, D1
Chelsea: D1, L1"


Result? 4th place again. :P


3rd place this time ;) We lost to teams we shouldn't have, on paper anyways. I guess that's the beauty of the premier league.

#12 wrote:"like Bayern and the Bundesliga" - that again? What do you mean by that? How many players did we take from competition in the last 5 years? And how many of them would've switched sides anyways?


If we are saying Arsenal are a selling club, then we have to go beyond 5 years. Are you seriously denying that Bayern cannot poach most Bundesliga players if they wanted?
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:32 pm

TheJeff wrote:If we are saying Arsenal are a selling club, then we have to go beyond 5 years. Are you seriously denying that Bayern cannot poach most Bundesliga players if they wanted?


There are clubs that don't sell to Bayern, they much rather throw to garbage than sell to Bayern, like Neverkusen for example. Neverkusen with a stadium capacity of 30K can do that to Bayern...

The beauty of PL is money... take the money away and you'd be worst than Italy.
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:If we are saying Arsenal are a selling club, then we have to go beyond 5 years. Are you seriously denying that Bayern cannot poach most Bundesliga players if they wanted?


There are clubs that don't sell to Bayern, they much rather throw to garbage than sell to Bayern, like Neverkusen for example. Neverkusen with a stadium capacity of 30K can do that to Bayern...

The beauty of PL is money... take the money away and you'd be worst than Italy.

Hey, no need to offend outside visitors, especially when they behave perfectly fine. Although we all do despise the EPL and all.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7646
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3428 times
Been thanked: 3007 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:If we are saying Arsenal are a selling club, then we have to go beyond 5 years. Are you seriously denying that Bayern cannot poach most Bundesliga players if they wanted?


There are clubs that don't sell to Bayern, they much rather throw to garbage than sell to Bayern, like Neverkusen for example. Neverkusen with a stadium capacity of 30K can do that to Bayern...

The beauty of PL is money... take the money away and you'd be worst than Italy.

Hey, no need to offend outside visitors, especially when they behave perfectly fine. Although we all do despise the EPL and all.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Did I offend him? That's my view, no offense.
JANCKER

 

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:42 pm

JANCKER wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:[quote="TheJeff"]If we are saying Arsenal are a selling club, then we have to go beyond 5 years. Are you seriously denying that Bayern cannot poach most Bundesliga players if they wanted?


There are clubs that don't sell to Bayern, they much rather throw to garbage than sell to Bayern, like Neverkusen for example. Neverkusen with a stadium capacity of 30K can do that to Bayern...

The beauty of PL is money... take the money away and you'd be worst than Italy.

Hey, no need to offend outside visitors, especially when they behave perfectly fine. Although we all do despise the EPL and all.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Did I offend him? That's my view, no offense.[/quote]
You compared EPL to Serie A, I'd be offended


Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7646
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3428 times
Been thanked: 3007 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:45 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:You compared EPL to Serie A, I'd be offended


Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Is he the league? Serie A used to be number 1 some years ago... times change.
I didn't even say that I want Arsenal to do bad, in contrary... just not tonight.
JANCKER

 

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests