You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Yes, England's unemployment rate is about to hit new heights. Well, at least Wenger might survive, yet again.
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 pm

They are not doing well but German teams aren't any better plus
last wed EPL 2-0 BuLi :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 pm

tflags wrote:Yes, England's unemployment rate is about to hit new heights. Well, at least Wenger might survive, yet again.

Lol.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:31 pm

@ ramseij: it's the same old story as always... They play good, but they never take anything - except for Dortmund and us... They're just not clever enough... Because our league always features new CL arrivals (Gladbach, VW), dear "our league is more balanced"-assholes! ;)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:50 pm

#12 wrote:@ ramseij: it's the same old story as always... They play good, but they never take anything - except for Dortmund and us... They're just not clever enough... Because our league always features new CL arrivals (Gladbach, VW), dear "our league is more balanced"-assholes! ;)

yes you are right and tbh I like that... but you see what is happening ...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:They are not doing well but German teams aren't any better plus
last wed EPL 2-0 BuLi :evil:

German teams are not worth EUR500 and their coaches don't earn more money than Rooney. :P
tflags

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

#12 wrote:@ ramseij: it's the same old story as always... They play good, but they never take anything - except for Dortmund and us... They're just not clever enough... Because our league always features new CL arrivals (Gladbach, VW), dear "our league is more balanced"-assholes! ;)

The other day I was in a pub with some of my mates when football was on, it was a pretty chill time we like to have because our football talks usually get pretty interesting because most of them are PL fans, some Barca fans and there's me as the odd Bundesliga and Bayern guy.

I can't remember the game exactly, but it was a small team against a big team and the small team took the lead first and then the other team equalised and the game was pretty balanced. Of course that sparked the "see, this is why PL is the best, it's so exciting" talk again, and my mates know my stance and opinions on this league (which I share with many, many of you of course) and we're up to the usual friendly banter. So naturally, somewhere in the conversation I decided to, as I sometimes do, point out:

"Well yeah the league is so balanced..."

And right before I finished the sentence, the pub just decided to go silent. Completely coincidental, like you know in a loud room there's sometimes a second or two where everyone takes a breath and becomes silent in unison? Yeah so like that basically, and I was in such a banterous mode that I didn't notice before I can stop myself.

"...because all the BPL teams are shit."

Dead, harmonious silence followed the coincidental one. All British eyes on that pub were on me, the one Asian guy who for some reason was capable of saying blatant crap like that. There I was, realising the calamity I just brought upon myself, picking up and drinking my empty glass of water. As I put my glass back down awkwardly, there was a surge of (albeit silent) ridicule and fixated hatred, on me. A couple of long seconds later the pub went back to normal.

Never have I ever felt so scared, yet so proud as a football fan in my life.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

The other day I was in a pub with some of my mates when football was on, it was a pretty chill time we like to have because our football talks usually get pretty interesting because most of them are PL fans, some Barca fans and there's me as the odd Bundesliga and Bayern guy.

I can't remember the game exactly, but it was a small team against a big team and the small team took the lead first and then the other team equalised and the game was pretty balanced. Of course that sparked the "see, this is why PL is the best, it's so exciting" talk again, and my mates know my stance and opinions on this league (which I share with many, many of you of course) and we're up to the usual friendly banter. So naturally, somewhere in the conversation I decided to, as I sometimes do, point out:

And right before I finished the sentence, the pub just decided to go silent. Completely coincidental, like you know in a loud room there's sometimes a second or two where everyone takes a breath and becomes silent in unison? Yeah so like that basically, and I was in such a banterous mode that I didn't notice before I can stop myself.

Dead, harmonious silence followed the coincidental one. All British eyes on that pub were on me, the one Asian guy who for some reason was capable of saying blatant crap like that. There I was, realising the calamity I just brought upon myself, picking up and drinking my empty glass of water. As I put my glass back down awkwardly, there was a surge of (albeit silent) ridicule and fixated hatred, on me. A couple of long seconds later the pub went back to normal.

you really made me :lol:
but yeah =D>
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Well... They do have freedom of speech there, right? So no need to hold back the truth... :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 pm

ex chelsea doc carneiro: fa at no stage asked for statement [source]

The English FA is such a joke, pretty much on par with FIFA in my eyes. Everything to protect their image, to keep the money coming in, regardless of who has to be cast by the wayside. Good thing Mourinho has a perfectly good bus for the FA to throw Carneiro under. I'd say screw their corrupt businesses, but I know I'm gonna get suckered into watching a BPL game or enjoy the World Cup in Qatar and not give a shit how many people died building their stadiums.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lukas » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

You'd get a round of applause round where I live, unless Man U or Liverpool were playing and the place was full of the many glory hunting fans they have round here
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:38 am

Lukas wrote:You'd get a round of applause round where I live, unless Man U or Liverpool were playing and the place was full of the many glory hunting fans they have round here

Ahaha whereabouts? If I recall correctly you're a Hull supporter so I'm guessing around York? I live between the Kensington and Fulham area in London and I study in South Kensington. South West London mate, there's no version of this where I won't get hatred :lol:
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lukas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 am

I live in Leeds now, where the majority of people support their local team even though they've had hard times for over a decade, but I was referring to Hull in this instance where I was born and brought up. Many people do support City (not that one) but there are a large number of PL supporters there, you've probably seen my rant on another thread!

We enjoyed our time mixing it with the big boys but feel much more at home in the Championship. Friendly welcoming fans, no referee bias, good atmosphere at matches. A much more enjoyable experience than the PL
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 am

Lukas wrote:I live in Leeds now, where the majority of people support their local team even though they've had hard times for over a decade, but I was referring to Hull in this instance where I was born and brought up. Many people do support City (not that one) but there are a large number of PL supporters there, you've probably seen my rant on another thread!

We enjoyed our time mixing it with the big boys but feel much more at home in the Championship. Friendly welcoming fans, no referee bias, good atmosphere at matches. A much more enjoyable experience than the PL

Leeds is the first city I've ever seen outside Malta and also my first live football match (2007)
I still remember it very well... Victoria Quarter :) the market area, the shopping streets, the lovely pubs. I used to stay at Novotel ...
While there I went to watch Leeds who were still in League 1 back than. Even if it was in this 3rd tear the stadium was almost full. They have passionate supporters... My father in law who came with us on this trip is a die hard supporter and an official member with the club.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:12 am

I've only been to Elland Road once, bizarrely, when they played Nürnberg in a friendly a couple of summers ago! Even then it was three quarters full.

I don't mention Bayern to their older fans though. They still remember the 1975 European Cup final in Paris!
Last edited by Lukas on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
European Union

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe