You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby runaway » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Maybe Wenger doesn't think he needs one after all didn't they refuse first chance refusal for Fabregas? We'll see what happens in February since that's where they always hit bad luck.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Am I the only one who doesnt understand why Arsenal got Sanchez, positions like finding a striker and a proper DM to replace Arteta seemed more obvious than getting another winger but maybe thats why Wenger's the manager :coffee:

Not exactly. He is a great addition to the team, they are lacking someone like him who can win them games by himself. Don't forget the amount of injuries Arsenal goes through every single season. The chances of Walcott managing a whole season without being injured are less than 1%.

Wenger might have something new in mind, who knows. Rumours are Debuchy is a done deal as well and that they are looking at Remy. I'm guessing he is okay with their midfield for now.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:44 am

Only good strikers available were Mario and Diego Costa. Neither exactly the striker Arsenal needed. Perhaps Walcott also rotates with Sanchez up top if Giroud can't get the job done? I never thought Walcott was a striker but apparently he did this duty well a few times for Arsenal?

Arsenal look good, I want them to do well as they have many Germans playing for them, but they have had a habit of choking bad at big moments, especially against Man United and Chelsea. Still remember watching Vermaelen slip against Van Persie maybe not even third minute yet, and right after RVP had forced his move to United as well haha. If Khedira leaves Real, even if Kroos goes there, that will leave Arsenal as the only German FOB that I could support with good conscience until said FOB meets Bayern competitively. Though actually the fact they keep trying to raid the Bundesliga counts as minus points against them too, unless they switch to only rescuing Germans from foreign leagues.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Tedesco » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:51 am

They have the most insufferable (non-spanish) supporters in the internet.

That's why I can't support that club.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:06 pm

750m for 10yrs Man U. this deal is double the average of their european rivals [source]

hey adidas... are you crazy...?!?!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
750m for 10yrs Man U. this deal is double the average of their european rivals [source]

hey adidas... are you crazy...?!?!

Man U are a big brand up there with Barca and R.Madrid no surprise Adidas went all out to be honest....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 pm

United has the biggest worldwide support, so I guess that's a good business move.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Germans taking over England. :P First Arsenal, now Man Utd.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby jaybayern » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:46 pm

So they get Van Gaal and now they sign with Adidas...someone following in our footsteps
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Next step - more Germans in England. :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Am I the only one who doesnt understand why Arsenal got Sanchez, positions like finding a striker and a proper DM to replace Arteta seemed more obvious than getting another winger but maybe thats why Wenger's the manager :coffee:

As far as strikers go, they're supposedly interested in using Campbell, who had a great World Cup for Costa Rica and has belonged to them for a while.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby runaway » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Campbell is also the one that ended United in CL. Forgot he's an Arsenal loanee.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:18 am

Staggeringly good deal for United. That is an incredible amount of money per year, if used wisely they could be back where they belong in no time.

As for Arsenal, there is talk that Wenger wants to play Sanchez up top. If true, it means they won't go for a striker. Campbell is not good enough to lead their forward line. Definitely not an improvement on Giroud.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby runaway » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:18 pm

As things go, they look like they're going to splurge like Spurs. Overpaid so far. But yeah they got money to burn. I think every Dutch NT player has already been linked to them.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe