You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:by boat = illegal smuggling
by plane = legal and accepted

I thought the problem was overpopulation. :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:57 pm

This situation reminds me of George Orwell's Animal Farm. They had to tell the simpler animals (the chickens) a simplification: four legs (animals) good, two legs (humans) bad.

In this case it's 'plane good, boat bad'.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:by boat = illegal smuggling
by plane = legal and accepted

I thought the problem was overpopulation. :wink:
The overpop comes from other areas.

And if someone comes by plane it means that he is legal.

So ... there will be a process where those who qualify will be able to choose their preferred dest. 99.9% of them won't choose us
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:18 pm

My, what a difference a simple passport does to you, ramsej84. Between sending them to get tortured and/or killed to wanting them representing your nation. Is there some middle ground somewhere, maybe if they come by hovercraft?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:23 am

Racial abuse is a regular thing in football. If you are black, rival supporters who throw racist insults at you would shower you with love if you were on their team.”

Yanick Yankam - B'Kara FC

This proves that most attacks are not entirely cause of colour but to irritate and to make the opposing player loose his head.

Remember white players also get abused... constant boos and other constat insults to family members... what sort of abuse is that?

Still all kind of abuse is wrong.

If any opposing player makes something bad like provoking or makes a bad foul than by cursing him once or twice that is not an abuse but a natural reaction to what he did
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:56 am

You’re confusing two things and also misinterpreting his comment.

Yes, a lot of the racial abuse directed to players is meant to rile them up. Yes, the people night not particularly be racist and/or hate the person. That doesn’t make the abuse any less racist. Is he beinng abused with reference to his nationality or colour? If the answer is yes, then it is racial abuse, end of discussion.

This is actually a good example for the discussion we were having yesterday about how people who aren’t actively racist can easily pass racist comments from time to time without even realising it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 am

This is actually a good example for the discussion we were having yesterday about how people who aren’t actively racist can easily pass racist comments from time to time without even realising it.

yes this, - for instance in here I sound SUPER racist in the eyes of many!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You’re confusing two things and also misinterpreting his comment.

Yes, a lot of the racial abuse directed to players is meant to rile them up. Yes, the people night not particularly be racist and/or hate the person. That doesn’t make the abuse any less racist. Is he beinng abused with reference to his nationality or colour? If the answer is yes, then it is racial abuse, end of discussion.

Ah well, I see a difference to be fair. It's different if someone passes a comment about you because he believes your race is inferior to his, versus someone passing a comment about your race just to rile you up without really meaning it. I think the first is worse.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:43 am

ramsej84 wrote:in here I sound SUPER racist in the eyes of many!

At least you admit it :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:You’re confusing two things and also misinterpreting his comment.

Ah well, I see a difference to be fair. It's different if someone passes a comment about you because he believes your race is inferior to his, versus someone passing a comment about your race just to rile you up without really meaning it. I think the first is worse.
The intention is different, meaning that person in the second option might not be racist. The words themselves are nevertheless racially abusive. It’s a racist action carried out by a non-racist person.

It’s probably easier to understand with examples from sexism.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Racial abuse is a regular thing in football. If you are black, rival supporters who throw racist insults at you would shower you with love if you were on their team.”

Yanick Yankam - B'Kara FC

This proves that most attacks are not entirely cause of colour but to irritate and to make the opposing player loose his head.

Remember white players also get abused... constant boos and other constat insults to family members... what sort of abuse is that?

Still all kind of abuse is wrong.

If any opposing player makes something bad like provoking or makes a bad foul than by cursing him once or twice that is not an abuse but a natural reaction to what he did

Easy example how right wingers work:

Hey ramsej, we all know you fuck donkeys and suck horse penises!

It’s not an insult, it’s just meant to rile you up...

Oh and of course this statement is true until you prove otherwise...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 pm

MUTU wrote:

Why would you get the idea to pass a comment in the first place? Underlying racism is the answer...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Exactly. Can you imagine shouting at a player “White guy!”?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Exactly. Can you imagine shouting at a player “White guy!”?
I was called strawberry .... cause I had freckles ...
I am sure that everyone knows a Casper or butter boy (butiru)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 pm

I’ve genuinely never heard those nicknames and I’m not sure what they mean. Strawberry is more comparable to an insult like “four eyes” than “monkey” though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe