You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/PastizziP/status/1180563752791498752?s=19

FCBM's local club vs a newly promoted tm who is now momentarily leading the table

Absolutely disastrous season...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am

to my astonishment yest I was following Replay on NET TV and they showed an interview with the new FA Pres. He was discussing the idea of having a local team playing in the serie C.
I said that I was :o as the day before it came to my mind as this idea was being discussed in the 90s (Basketball did it)

what do you think about this idea? I really like it...

the Pres said that the idea might be harshly resisted by the local teams, but he is positive that something can be worked out.
He indicated that there are three scenarios ; either we have a new team made up of local players and maybe with a mix of italians, or we merge with an existing team, or else we merge with an established team and create an U23 side such as the Juve U23s

the idea is to have home & away games...

I think that it is an amazing idea.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:21 pm

How funny, we were also discussing it a few days ago after a friend who doesn’t follow football much brought it up.

I believe Valletta are good enough to survive relegation in the Serie B.

In my opinion that might be a problem financially because it would exclude the teams from participating in the CL/EL. Also it would alienate the fans and deal another blow to the dying fan culture in Malta.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:How funny, we were also discussing it a few days ago after a friend who doesn’t follow football much brought it up.

I believe Valletta are good enough to survive relegation in the Serie B.

In my opinion that might be a problem financially because it would exclude the teams from participating in the CL/EL. Also it would alienate the fans and deal another blow to the dying fan culture in Malta.
Good enough I do not think so?
No this is not an option. The Pres said that it will be team made up of diff players from diff teams

kind of Vaduz
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Good enough I do not think so?

To not get relegated? Yeah I think they are. Not to win it obviously or get promoted.

A couple of years ago maybe even Birkirkara would have been good enough. Tbh I think the quality of the Serie B is quite low and our best teams have been advancing further and further in playoffs for European competitions, playing against teams of higher quality than the Serie B. I'm sure they can finish ahead of the likes of Trapani.

So there would be a new team as proposed? That's an interesting option. It benefits the Maltese NT probably but the clubs in general would lose some quality I guess.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 pm

They said that there will be two teams , a senior and primavera.
With 8 - 10 Maltese each
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I see. Certainly an interesting concept.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Carabott has become the fifth Maltese female player to head to Italy after Martina Borg (Sassari Torres), Nicole Sciberras (Juventus Primavera), Shona Zammit (Pink Bari) and Emma Lipman (Florentia San Gimignano).

In the men’s game, there is youth goalkeeper Rashed Al Tumi who is on the books of Serie D Casarano, for whom he has played three games including last weekend’s goalless stalemate away at former Serie A club Foggia

Malta international Ylenia Carabott will continue the 2019-20 season in Italy after penning a one-year deal with Serie B side Chievo Fortitudo Women. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football in Europe