You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:34 am

Even he cant turn this shit show with shitty and over their prime players around. Stupid decision to go to that wreck right now. They should first or all get their finances in order. So his wish list, will stay a wishlist.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:10 am

True. Then again, coaching in some ridiculous Qatar and working in Asian football can't be compared with European football. In any case, Barcelona are in a desperate situation and those 1,2-1,4 billion € minus is automatically causing them huge anxiety by itself.

I would rather see Valencia rising from ashes and replacing Barcelona for the next 15 years as one of top 3 leading Spanish sides.
Hans-Dieter Flick - der Beste der Besten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:56 am

Yep, i always liked the city Valencia and the club somehow ( been there a couple of times ) maybe thats why i rate them so high and ofcourse our CL win in 2001..

Anyway, i dont get the hype around this Xavi deal anyway. Yes he was a great player, but as a coach, what has he done? Coached in a country in a league none in Europe gives two shits about ( except the players who want to make big time money probably ). I have a feeling he is going to be just a Gattuso, Pirlo etc who start at the top, just to crash down pretty hard instead of working your way up through the youths etc.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Yep, i always liked the city Valencia and the club somehow ( been there a couple of times ) maybe thats why i rate them so high and ofcourse our CL win in 2001..

Anyway, i dont get the hype around this Xavi deal anyway. Yes he was a great player, but as a coach, what has he done? Coached in a country in a league none in Europe gives two shits about ( except the players who want to make big time money probably ). I have a feeling he is going to be just a Gattuso, Pirlo etc who start at the top, just to crash down pretty hard instead of working your way up through the youths etc.
Gattuso was doing well with Napoli.
Pirlo I agree... He was a pirla(idiot in Italian) in accepting to take charge of the first tm when he had just signed a contract to coach the Juve U23s in the serie C
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Yep, i always liked the city Valencia and the club somehow ( been there a couple of times ) maybe thats why i rate them so high and ofcourse our CL win in 2001..

The whole story is about some pathetic romance in Barcelona and football world fapping on Barcelona.
Yesterday there was a picture in picture on Facebook, ESPN or some other of dozens of football verified sites where
1/3 is Michels and Cruyff, 2/3 Cruyff and Xavi and 3/3 Guardiola and Xavi.

Xavi's path is going to be completely different to Guardiola's and there's no guarantee he's gonna make it as a coach. The whole hype is about legacy, predecessor-successor thing from that picture.

I hope Xavi's definition of 'total' football includes high tempo and vertical football instead of slow tempo, billion irrelevant passes or else he is just another guy ready to face FC Bayern or German high tempo pressing and attacking machine like it was case with Heynckes(2013), Flick(2020), Klopp(2019), Tuchel(20'21). :lol: :mrgreen: =P~

Germans actually improved the Dutch football school and brought things to the next level after Van Gaal's arrival to München and that Catalan crap is no longer no. 1.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Barca were leading Celta by three goals but the latter managed to equalize
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Marc Cardona... once mentioned here somewhere ...
He is being monitored by the MALTESE NT !!!
But I think they are wrong... I don' t know from where they got the intelligence that he has Maltese roots!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:57 am

8) :lol: :lol:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Marc Cardona... once mentioned here somewhere ...
But I think they are wrong... I don' t know from where they got the intelligence that he has Maltese roots!

Even so, why would he play for Malta?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Marc Cardona... once mentioned here somewhere ...

Even so, why would he play for Malta?
If he is eligible ok...
I am not against looking for players with Maltese ancestry but totally against giving the nationality to players who are playing in our league... (The Russians like to do this)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:53 am

But that would be an absolute joke

He was born in Spain 26 years ago and only moved abroad in 2021 to play for Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands on a one year loan
Just because one of his ancestors was Maltese doesn't mean he is. Otherwise anyone could play for any NT.
And you can bet your a$$ he would never consider playing for Malta if he could make the Spanish NT team.

So I would ask him - Why did you choose to play for Malta? and I'd be very interested in knowing the answer.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:04 am

Plus I am not convinced that he does have any ancestry...

I hope that at least they did their homework well and not assumed it since there is another Cardona (Irvin) in France who play for Brest whom we are trying to convince as well...
The latter has true close ancestry through his dad side.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:38 am

I strongly disagree. I'd much rather give citizenship to foreigners playing in the country. We're talking about someone who has an attachment to the country, who is maybe able to speak Maltese, drink Ċisk and Kinnie etc. On the other hand can Marc Cardona even point at Malta on a map?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am

MUTU wrote:I strongly disagree. I'd much rather give citizenship to foreigners playing in the country. We're talking about someone who has an attachment to the country, who is maybe able to speak Maltese, drink Ċisk and Kinnie etc. On the other hand can Marc Cardona even point at Malta on a map?
I don't agree with you ...
And we had discussed with
Playing in Malta means low level so not going to improve our NT.

Ancestry till grandparents is fine
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:34 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I strongly disagree. I'd much rather give citizenship to foreigners playing in the country. We're talking about someone who has an attachment to the country, who is maybe able to speak Maltese, drink Ċisk and Kinnie etc. On the other hand can Marc Cardona even point at Malta on a map?
I don't agree with you ...
And we had discussed with
Playing in Malta means low level so not going to improve our NT.

Ancestry till grandparents is fine

For someone who's all about national pride, passion and gimmicks like singing the national team, you really are a mercenary when it comes to taking players for the NT as long as they improve the team. The national team is not a football club where you can transfer players, it's for Maltese people, or at least for people who understand Maltese culture and live here.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe