You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:42 am

Very impressed by them. What's their secret? Why is it going so well for them?
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:52 am

MUTU wrote:Very impressed by them. What's their secret? Why is it going so well for them?

probably the sense of identity ...
Just checked their transfermarkt profile ... they have some interesting players like Oyarzabal , Ishak, Januzaj, David Silva, Ryan (aussie gk)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Very impressed by them. What's their secret? Why is it going so well for them?

Just checked their transfermarkt profile ... they have some interesting players like Oyarzabal , Ishak, Januzaj, David Silva, Ryan (aussie gk)

I think you overvalue identity. If it was that important, Athletic Bilbao would be dominating the league every year.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am

Not only this year

In 19/20 they were having a great season sitting in the 4th place and even beat Real Madrid at Bernabeu in Copa del Rey just before COVID happened. Then after lockdown they barely won any match.

They also lost that Copa del Rey 19/20 final vs their biggest rivals Athletic Club just a few months ago

In terms of squad, they've got former BVB player Alexander Isak who is doing a fantastic job (I thought he would be a flop) and other good players like Oyarzabal, Mikel Merino or David Silva

And just like Athletic Club, they've got a very good academy and they give plenty of opportunities to their youngsters.

Also not that long ago they had other good players like Griezmann, Odegaard or Canales
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Cool, I really don't know much about them.

YlonenXabi wrote:Mikel Merino

Also a former BVB player :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Yes, and they've got Januzaj as well :lol:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, and they've got Januzaj as well :lol:

Mario Goetze winter transfer incoming? :lol:
Always felt that player belonged in La Liga anyway.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:20 pm

I managed them on FM - after starting my career at FC Copenhagen... I did quite well with limited budget I even got them into the UCL ... then I moved on to Atletico Madrid... :)
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

I think you overvalue identity. If it was that important, Athletic Bilbao would be dominating the league every year.
If it was negligible, PSG and Shitty would win CL and Bayern wouldn’t win a CL in a million years
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:04 pm

I'm not sure I understood you, #12, are you saying that Bayern have a lot of players who identify with the club? Perhaps as fans, yes, like Mueller, Tolisso and Sabitzer... but the only player in the squad who was born in Munich doesn't even identify himself as German. :oops:

PSG have 5 players born in Paris (though only 2 of them have played for the senior squad this season), one of which has the highest transfer market value in the world.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Identification is more than mere birthplace…

And I know you don’t understand what it is cause it’s also why I say our fans are important and you‘d rather have an opera audience
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm

#12 wrote:Identification is more than mere birthplace…

And I know you don’t understand what it is cause it’s also why I say our fans are important and you‘d rather have an opera audience

Excuse me, I do what exactly?
On the contrary I want fans to vociferously support the team and not cause unneeded stress (Koan Neuer), be unruly (Hopp), distract players, cause bad PR to the club and get our club fined.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:44 pm

MUTU wrote:

On the contrary I want fans to vociferously support the team and not cause unneeded stress (Koan Neuer), be unruly (Hopp), distract players, cause bad PR to the club and get our club fined.
Be unruly to Hoop loolllll
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Be unruly to Hoop loolllll

How would your boss react if customers were coming to your work premises and misbehaving in such a way that the company you work for gets fined tens of thousands of euros by the authorities? If you saw him steaming in anger would you call him a snowflake?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Well, sometimes i think ''those idiots again with their hand written kid banners'' But why shouldnt they have a right to voice their opinion, as long if its in a normal manner. Putting targets on someone's face or calling someone Hurensohn doesnt add anything.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe