You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:50 am

#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:56 am

Should also note: Marcelo Bechler, who IIRC was first to break the news that Neymar was leaving and who "broke" a week ago that Messi would leave....He says Messi's chosen to move to City. For whatever that's worth...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:19 am

That's two clubs we destroyed this season now, Schalke and Barcelona.

So I heard Manchester United are back in the CL next season...
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:43 am

#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:05 am

aterford wrote:Should also note: Marcelo Bechler, who IIRC was first to break the news that Neymar was leaving and who "broke" a week ago that Messi would leave....He says Messi's chosen to move to City. For whatever that's worth...
Haaha miskin (poor) old pep has missed being in semis at least.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:33 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
nm462272 wrote:some people keep arguing that Bayern should take on debt to pay for players of a certain caliber, and this is a prime example of why that's such a bad idea. Barcelona spent hundreds of millions on players that, on face value, any team would want (ex: Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, etc.). But look what's happened. They have ZERO financial flexibility, and the players they took out massive debts on are clearly not paying back the investment. I will always respect our board for investing in more responsible ways and not getting caught up in this kind of debt spending.
Yeah, but that is one extreme. No debt whatsoever is another. Neither is smart management. Zero debt is leaving profits (monetary and sporting) on the table.

sure you're right, there can be a happy balance. IMO I'd rather the team take out debt on tangible assets (ex: real estate), which presumably can hold its value, rather than take out debt for a player, who if things go wrong can lose a ton of value. that way, if Bayern ever got strapped for cash they would have a safer way to generate funds (although one could argue its easier to sell a player than a building).

if im not mistaken, Bayern took out debt on the Allianz Arena, which is logical.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:54 am

nm462272 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
nm462272 wrote:some people keep arguing that Bayern should take on debt to pay for players of a certain caliber, and this is a prime example of why that's such a bad idea. Barcelona spent hundreds of millions on players that, on face value, any team would want (ex: Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, etc.). But look what's happened. They have ZERO financial flexibility, and the players they took out massive debts on are clearly not paying back the investment. I will always respect our board for investing in more responsible ways and not getting caught up in this kind of debt spending.
Yeah, but that is one extreme. No debt whatsoever is another. Neither is smart management. Zero debt is leaving profits (monetary and sporting) on the table.

sure you're right, there can be a happy balance. IMO I'd rather the team take out debt on tangible assets (ex: real estate), which presumably can hold its value, rather than take out debt for a player, who if things go wrong can lose a ton of value. that way, if Bayern ever got strapped for cash they would have a safer way to generate funds (although one could argue its easier to sell a player than a building).

if im not mistaken, Bayern took out debt on the Allianz Arena, which is logical.
That's a sensible conservative approach. I think the Barcelona case is rather special. Look my logic is as follows; interest rates are low and players are cheaper than usual. That is something you can take advantage of. Sure, you can tell me "but the development of players is too uncertain and you might get in trouble", but if you think like that maybe you shouldn't be running a football club. I mean... That's the underlying issue with Barcelona; not so much that they took too much debt, but rather that their directives are not capacitated to run a football club sporting-wise.

Anyway, after winning a treble I'm fine with low spending. BUT, if there is a player on the market that we have identified that we really really want, we shouldn't lose out on him because of a fundamentalist refusal to even consider debt.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:That's two clubs we destroyed this season now, Schalke and Barcelona.

So I heard Manchester United are back in the CL next season...
Aw come on, Schalke destroyed themselves - long before playing us
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Fuck I‘m still laughing
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:52 pm

It’s brilliant
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm

I still can't believe the extent of the collapse which is going on at Barcelona

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Rakitic, 32 yo, contract expiring in 2021, leaves FOR FREE because Barca basically can't afford his wage...they will have to pay 14m to terminate Suarez's contract for the same reason

I am sure that Vidal will sue them again if they terminate his contract

They will negotiate with Busquets, Roberto and Piqué to lower their salaries....

Messi has not showed up to the first training session
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 pm

Barca are dead. The question is whether they will ever come back or whether they’re going down the Ajax road.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:06 pm

They will return. It's a giant institution, has a huge fanbase and network in Catalonia, Portugal and Latin America and always those Dutch folks who can always sign for them.

They used to have huge debts during Laporta reign, even during the last 10 years and still lived as they were in big plus.

Don't think they are going to mediocrity and mid-table spots 18-19 years ago.

This is modern football in the last 15 years and clubs like Barcelona can't face Deportivo, Monaco, Stuttgart, HSV, Leeds destiny.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:10 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:37 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:I still can't believe the extent of the collapse which is going on at Barcelona

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Rakitic, 32 yo, contract expiring in 2021, leaves FOR FREE because Barca basically can't afford his wage...they will have to pay 14m to terminate Suarez's contract for the same reason

I am sure that Vidal will sue them again if they terminate his contract

They will negotiate with Busquets, Roberto and Piqué to lower their salaries....

Messi has not showed up to the first training session
Lol. I can't lie, I'm happy about what Barcelona is going through. Have never liked them one bit. Nonetheless, I still hope Messi doesn't get to Shitty on a free.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe