You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:41 pm

#12 wrote:Thing is they would have to sell players at a HUGE loss, while it won’t be easy to find what they're looking for either...

Precisely this. Ambitions and results will suffer big time and maybe even finances.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby cuil » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:56 pm

That's bold of Koeman to accept a job with no security. He'll probably be the first one to be axed *if* Barca elects a new board

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:58 pm

#12 wrote:
Fénix wrote:
#12 wrote:In times like this with them HEAVILY struggling financially already... Dies anyone think they can free enough money to build a serious team? I mean, they’ve got a few talents but will that be enough...?

No, I don't think so.
Even if they lose Messi's 60 or 80 million € heavy contract, Suárez returns to Ajax, Coutinho, Dembélé and Busquets leave...

It takes more than one season to fix 5-6 years of bad work.
Don’t say that as a Bayern fan

Thing is they would have to sell players at a HUGE loss, while it won’t be easy to find what they're looking for either...
I haven't actually looked at any numbers, but according to what I read their financial situation is a disaster. Considering they need to change most of the team and they will be on a budget, I don't expect them to be competitive in Europe (maybe not even in La Liga) for at least 3 years.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:39 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I just don't get what has Koeman achieved in the last 10 years to earn to be appointed as Barca coach. I am sure he will be as big as a fail as Tata Martino was...another scapegoat for Bartolomeu
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 pm

What he has achieved:

1. Played for Barca
2. Cruyff disciple
3. Is Dutch

Checks all the boxes for a Barca manager.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Suarez (33)
Pique (33)
Vidal (33)
Rakitic (32)
Busquets (31)
Alba (31)

are 6 of the 7 oldest Barca players (the other being Messi) and they all played between 36 and 45 games this season...I don't know how Barca can manage this "wide ranging restructuring" with their finances in dire straits.

And on top of this, their priority is to undestand what to make with:

- Dembelé (paid 138m)
- Coutinho (paid 145m)
- Griezmann (paid 120m)

There's no way they can offload and replace 9 players
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Yes, they are going to have to go thru the seven years of famine if they want to be able to feast again.... Almost all of the above-listed players realistically should be replaced ASAP.
But of course almost all are also on inflated wages and past their best. I know Pique said he would be willing to leave for the good of the club, but come on. Who is going to buy 33-y.o Suarez and pay his wages? Is he going to take a pay cut to leave? Same is true for most of them. It's hard to see much of a market for any of these players, especially in COVID times - without them taking a significant pay reduction or moving to China or something. This has been a long time coming for Barca but it's just especially bad luck for them that they now find themselves needing to sell in a market where nobody really wants to spend. So there is no real clear path forward. Realistically can probably only hope to move 2, 3, 4 this offseason, not much more. And yeah: still a big mystery with Dembele, Coutinho, and Griezmann. All three are also on big wages, and none a particularly good fit (well, Dembele isn't a bad scheme fit, but he's never healthy-fit, so....) and all bought at huge fees. They will have to take a loss on any/off of them if they want to sell.

In short, I think for Barca it gets worse before it gets better. They have so many bloated contracts on past-it players that they are needing to get rid of, but I'm just not sure how many they can realistically clear off the books. If they just terminate their contracts, it tanks their finances at least in the short-term. If they cant' find a buyer and just keep them around, it still hurts their finances and causes trouble in the dressing room or on the pitch. It's going to be a bumpy road for a while IMO.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:36 pm

aterford wrote:What he has achieved:

1. Played for Barca
2. Cruyff disciple
3. Is Dutch

Checks all the boxes for a Barca manager.
Ah they’re going back to being a so-so tram again? Good!

Let’s FINALLY win the fucking sixth so the actual difference is also in numbers...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:53 pm

aterford wrote:Yes, they are going to have to go thru the seven years of famine if they want to be able to feast again.... Almost all of the above-listed players realistically should be replaced ASAP.
But of course almost all are also on inflated wages and past their best. I know Pique said he would be willing to leave for the good of the club, but come on. Who is going to buy 33-y.o Suarez and pay his wages? Is he going to take a pay cut to leave? Same is true for most of them. It's hard to see much of a market for any of these players, especially in COVID times - without them taking a significant pay reduction or moving to China or something. This has been a long time coming for Barca but it's just especially bad luck for them that they now find themselves needing to sell in a market where nobody really wants to spend. So there is no real clear path forward. Realistically can probably only hope to move 2, 3, 4 this offseason, not much more. And yeah: still a big mystery with Dembele, Coutinho, and Griezmann. All three are also on big wages, and none a particularly good fit (well, Dembele isn't a bad scheme fit, but he's never healthy-fit, so....) and all bought at huge fees. They will have to take a loss on any/off of them if they want to sell.

In short, I think for Barca it gets worse before it gets better. They have so many bloated contracts on past-it players that they are needing to get rid of, but I'm just not sure how many they can realistically clear off the books. If they just terminate their contracts, it tanks their finances at least in the short-term. If they cant' find a buyer and just keep them around, it still hurts their finances and causes trouble in the dressing room or on the pitch. It's going to be a bumpy road for a while IMO.

the worst thing they could do is to go for other crazy expensive not-young players like Neymar or Firmino. Both will turn 30 in a year's time and will soon become a liability.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/08/17/5f3a5efb22601d3e038b459d.html

almost 1 billion spent in transfer fees and you play Vidal as a winger...embarassing
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Now I see how brilliant they were in Real Madrid to sign all talented Brazilians in front of their noses - Vinicius Jr., Rodrygo Goes, Reinier Jesus, even Éder Militão. Some 180-200 million € for 4 Brazilians and Barcelona were also interested in 3 of them.

But Messi did everything bad for the club. They got addicted to him in the last 8-9 years and that was it.

Johan Cruyff even told them 7 years ago to sell the Argentinian and they never thought of it, too addicted and relied on Leo.
Messi >>>>>>>>> Mes que un club.

But Barcelona in the last 15 years won 9 titles in Primera, lots of Spanish cups and Super Cups, 4 CL titles, Club World Cups, UEFA Super Cups, etc.

They were nowhere successful as during the last 15 years, at least that's how I see them, especially in Primera.
They didn't win just 6 national titles(2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2018 and 2020). Real Madrid won 5, Atlético 1. That's simply brilliant with rivals like Madrid clubs and even Valencia and strong Zaragoza and Villarreal in 2000's.

But I don't pity them, never had and never will.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby nm462272 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:46 am

some people keep arguing that Bayern should take on debt to pay for players of a certain caliber, and this is a prime example of why that's such a bad idea. Barcelona spent hundreds of millions on players that, on face value, any team would want (ex: Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, etc.). But look what's happened. They have ZERO financial flexibility, and the players they took out massive debts on are clearly not paying back the investment. I will always respect our board for investing in more responsible ways and not getting caught up in this kind of debt spending.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Still waiting for confirmation according to the Barca insiders, but if this is true - most likely Messi will stay, at least for one more season.

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:48 am

Priceless:

We ended them so they could finally move on - but then their fabs decided to rather remain meaningless...

MUTU, this is far worse than Koan Neuer
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:50 am

nm462272 wrote:some people keep arguing that Bayern should take on debt to pay for players of a certain caliber, and this is a prime example of why that's such a bad idea. Barcelona spent hundreds of millions on players that, on face value, any team would want (ex: Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, etc.). But look what's happened. They have ZERO financial flexibility, and the players they took out massive debts on are clearly not paying back the investment. I will always respect our board for investing in more responsible ways and not getting caught up in this kind of debt spending.
Yeah, but that is one extreme. No debt whatsoever is another. Neither is smart management. Zero debt is leaving profits (monetary and sporting) on the table.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe