You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Messi and Ronaldo are two legends that have dominated football in a way that probably no other player will ever do. To me, they are the two best players to ever play the game.

It will be sad to see him retire in a few years, but at the same time I think it's good for football. I miss those times where all the big clubs had top players, but you couldn't really tell who was the best player in the world. Every year there were different candidates.

Since 2008 we have Messi and Ronaldo and then comes everyone else.

Yeah, but to be fair to everyone else, there have been multiple times since 2008 when other players were better. Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, and Ribery all come to mind.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Yes, they had a better season but they were not better players. 2010 (Sneijder), 2013 (Ribery) were the clear ones and even 2014 could have been won by Neuer.

But if you look at the individual stats of both Messi and Ronaldo EVERY damn year for so long, it's just out of this world.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:42 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, they had a better season but they were not better players. 2010 (Sneijder), 2013 (Ribery) were the clear ones and even 2014 could have been won by Neuer.

But if you look at the individual stats of both Messi and Ronaldo EVERY damn year for so long, it's just out of this world.

I'll disagree with 2010 Sneijder. I'd have awarded 2010 to Robben. I think Robben was a bigger reason for Bayern reaching the CL final in 2010 than Sneijder with Inter.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:10 pm

MUTU wrote:I'll disagree with 2010 Sneijder. I'd have awarded 2010 to Robben. I think Robben was a bigger reason for Bayern reaching the CL final in 2010 than Sneijder with Inter.

You can't ignore the World Cup 2010, y'know... :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:I'll disagree with 2010 Sneijder. I'd have awarded 2010 to Robben. I think Robben was a bigger reason for Bayern reaching the CL final in 2010 than Sneijder with Inter.

You can't ignore the World Cup 2010, y'know... :wink:

You mean the one where Robben, playing with a hole in his leg, should've been the hero winning a penalty from that Puyol pull, capping off a great World Cup?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:23 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, they had a better season but they were not better players. 2010 (Sneijder), 2013 (Ribery) were the clear ones and even 2014 could have been won by Neuer.

I agree with you that having a better season does not make you a better player but I wouldn't include Neuer. He cannot be compared to them and if you ask me Neuer is just as superhuman as a GK as they are as forwards.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:49 pm

MUTU wrote:You mean the one where Robben, playing with a hole in his leg, should've been the hero winning a penalty from that Puyol pull, capping off a great World Cup?

Should have been... should have been... But he didn't. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Fénix wrote:
MUTU wrote:You mean the one where Robben, playing with a hole in his leg, should've been the hero winning a penalty from that Puyol pull, capping off a great World Cup?

Should have been... should have been... But he didn't. :wink:

Well, you can apply this same argument to Sneijder and the Ballon d'Or if you wish, which is what we were discussing.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:22 pm

But Sneijder tied for the top goalscorer of the World Cup award too. He also gave quite a few important assists and assisted Robben in both 1 on 1's in the final

Sneijder missing out on that Golden Ball was a criminal act. Especially now that Modric has won it.

Modric is one of the best midfielders of the decade, but his 2018 year has NOT been that great.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:25 pm

I have a strong feeling that very soon Real Madrid will announce the signing of Icardi!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 pm

Happy New Year Real
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Real is currently 5th in the league... can you imagine if they end up playing the europa league next season??? :lol:
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Lahmies wrote:Real is currently 5th in the league... can you imagine if they end up playing the europa league next season???
They won't cause in the end they will win the ucl again
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Even with Cristiano Ronaldo they needed way too many favourable ref decisions already last year. Now that him and ZIdane are gone and most of their key players are in piss poor form (Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, Isco) I really can't see how they could win it.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Even with Cristiano Ronaldo they needed way too many favourable ref decisions already last year. Now that him and ZIdane are gone and most of their key players are in piss poor form (Modric, Kroos, Marcelo, Isco) I really can't see how they could win it.
I was pulling a leg.

If that happens we should start following another sport.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe