You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I agree it's silly, but at the same time if there's a gain in money I still want it. Football is all about money today. The Bundesliga is losing ground only due to money.
But don't you wish that it changes and we go back to when football was still a sport?

Yes, but if you can't beat them join them. I'd rather the Bundesliga loses its tradition than falling further behind in quality & prestige. Wouldn't you be heartbroken when a club like West Ham would beat Bayern, and it wouldn't even be a surprise?

If I had no regard for quality of football, I would be following Maltese football instead.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:02 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I agree it's silly, but at the same time if there's a gain in money I still want it. Football is all about money today. The Bundesliga is losing ground only due to money.
But don't you wish that it changes and we go back to when football was still a sport?

Yes, but if you can't beat them join them. I'd rather the Bundesliga loses its tradition than falling further behind in quality & prestige. Wouldn't you be heartbroken when a club like West Ham would beat Bayern, and it wouldn't even be a surprise?

If I had no regard for quality of football, I would be following Maltese football instead.
No fight them... not join them
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Manchu wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Dumbledore7, it is one match a season. There's hundreds of matches a season and what they lose in that one match they gain a lot through other means (eg more Americans following Spanish football and buying merchandise)

And that one match will be between two of the top 3-4 teams, where 3 points are too important to be messed around for PR. And it will then increase to two matches. Then three matches. And so on.

Exactly. The NFL started out with 1 match being played out of the country every season, now they're already at four and it's barely been a decade. I can easily see the same thing happening to La Liga.

And, of course, homefield advantage is such an important part of association football(which is why home and away makes so much sense), and I can easily see, for example, Barcelona getting to play their home fixture against Atletico Madrid at home while Atletico has to play their home fixture against Barcelona in the U.S., resulting in a Barcelona victory, and then Barcelona winning the title by 3 points.
That's why I doubt it's gonna be regular "marquee" matches. Throughout recent years, several ligas have been decided by el classico and/or the Madrid derby. Would Barcelona, Real or Atlético allow themselves to be fked over that way? I don't think so.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm

And you know I agree with you on this. Yet consider: the EPL got its astronomical deals without taking games out of England.

Without knowing much about the legality of it all, what the Bundesliga should be looking at (if it is legal) is internet rights. This is still an area largely unexplored by the major leagues as far as I'm aware.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:That's why I doubt it's gonna be regular "marquee" matches. Throughout recent years, several ligas have been decided by el classico and/or the Madrid derby. Would Barcelona, Real or Atlético allow themselves to be fked over that way? I don't think so.

With the right benefits I think they will.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:33 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Goalimpact projections for La Liga, with Real Madrid benefiting a lot from Courtois.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-m ... b45ee.html

Very poor attendance figures for two of the biggest clubs in the world. It's unbelievable to have a football match start at 22:15 like Real Madrid's game. Must be for the Asian market.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 pm

gumboduncan wrote:http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/08/20/5b7ad353e5fdeaaf6c8b45ee.html

Very poor attendance figures for two of the biggest clubs in the world. It's unbelievable to have a football match start at 22:15 like Real Madrid's game. Must be for the Asian market.
Spain should revert back their clocks to the pre franco era
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 am

I read that few days ago, too.

What I also read yesterday is that captains of La Liga teams are going together to stand up against pervert Spanish federation decision to play Primera matches in the USA. It seems the total boycott is inevitable. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Girona are really outplaying Real Madrid
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Didn't last long haha
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Didn't last long haha
Two penalties...
The first two goals came from penalties ...
Were they valid at least?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:37 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Didn't last long haha
Two penalties...
The first two goals came from penalties ...
Were they valid at least?

I only watched parts so I didn't see them but Real kooked like they dominated the second half. In the first 30 minutes Girona had several good chances and Real could barely get close to their goal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 am

Atlético with one of the most expensive squads and a surprisingly slow start

Only managed 5 points in 4 matchdays with a relatively easy schedule !

Valencia 1-1 Atletico
Atletico 1-0 Rayo Vallecano
Celta de Vigo 2-0 Atletico
Atletico 1-1 Eibar

They spent like 200M in Costa, Vitolo, Lemar and
Kalinic but still can't score :o
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Just finished watching Real v Espagnol.

Real have a great future ahead of them...
Ansensio
Isco
Mariano
And some others who are still very young but already show class.

As for the match Esp had their chances to get the 1-1-& were unlucky not to do so especially when they hit the bar.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe