You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Fénix » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

MUTU wrote:Quality of the players over quality of the stadium atmosphere every single time for me.

Both are important.

However, you can't be stubborn that much and think the rest of European top leagues shall change their policies and return to football roots, English clubs in the first line which basically haven't been English for a looooooong time(foreign owners, later foreign players and lastly, even foreign fans on their stands who aren't living in the UK). That's extremely stupid way of thinking.

You can be stubborn, but you'll have to learn to live with consequences - no top foreign players, no top German players who are starting even more earlier to leave Bundesliga and Germany(fresh Kehrer's departure), no competitiveness on European scene.
Lower quality football may show up in the near future, but German fans(not Croatian, Italian, Maltese, Swedish, Chinese, Australian, US, Argentinian, Ghanaian, Arab) won't give up from their clubs. That's all they care and they've always cared, they don't care what people outside of Germany think about that. Their country, their people, their language, their league, their values, their fan culture. That's the main reason I started to love Bayern and German football 18-20 years ago instead of Real Madrid, ManU, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan, etc.

Still, it's outrageous to play La Liga derbies and matches outside of Spain thus taking away football from its people, ie fans. That's no longer Spanish La Liga but something else. There must be some lines/borders, if there aren't or if you cross them... That's very, very bad. We have seen for the last 20 years what happened after some lines were crossed and where football stands today.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 pm

MUTU wrote:Dumbledore7, it is one match a season. There's hundreds of matches a season and what they lose in that one match they gain a lot through other means (eg more Americans following Spanish football and buying merchandise)

And that one match will be between two of the top 3-4 teams, where 3 points are too important to be messed around for PR. And it will then increase to two matches. Then three matches. And so on.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Dumbledore7, it is one match a season. There's hundreds of matches a season and what they lose in that one match they gain a lot through other means (eg more Americans following Spanish football and buying merchandise)

And that one match will be between two of the top 3-4 teams, where 3 points are too important to be messed around for PR. And it will then increase to two matches. Then three matches. And so on.

I doubt that but we'll see.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:51 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Exactly. The NFL started out with 1 match being played out of the country every season, now they're already at four and it's barely been a decade. I can easily see the same thing happening to La Liga.

And, of course, homefield advantage is such an important part of association football(which is why home and away makes so much sense), and I can easily see, for example, Barcelona getting to play their home fixture against Atletico Madrid at home while Atletico has to play their home fixture against Barcelona in the U.S., resulting in a Barcelona victory, and then Barcelona winning the title by 3 points.
Last edited by Manchu on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

IMO Spanish ultras and normal fans should unite and protest big time...

If the Authorities go ahead with this madness they will surely suffer the consequences ....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am

ramsej84 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

IMO Spanish ultras and normal fans should unite and protest big time...

If the Authorities go ahead with this madness they will surely suffer the consequences ....

Just curious, if they were to hypothetically play Der Klassiker in Malta, would you stay at home complaining, or would you go and watch the match and shout and scream until you completely lose your voice (and keep trying after that)?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:03 am

I don't mind a friendly...
But the domestic league should remain so... Domestic...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:I don't mind a friendly...

So you would stay at home if it was a competitive Der Klassiker?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 am

Here's what would happen: Ta' Qali stadium would sell out all its 17k seats, and out of those there would be - being optimistic - at most 1k Bayern or Dortmund fans. The rest would be Man United, Juve, Milan, Liverpool etc. fans. They would go just to be able to say they have seen Bayern play live, as they do when the English or Italian national teams play here. These are the only times when the stadium sells out. It's not even a quarter full in the biggest games of our local league.

Check back with them in another 5 or 10 years. They would still he supporting Man United, Juve, Milan, and Liverpool. Out of those 17k (including the Bayern fans), at least 15k won't have seen another Der Klassiker since that day unless it happened in a European competition. Heck, they won't have seen ANY Bundesliga game. But that one time in Malta would sell out, and it would again if they came back after 10 years. Whether I go or not won't make a difference to the DFL from a money perspective; even if no Bayern fans attended, I am convince the stadium would sell out easily and there would be much more demand and a lot of black market sales.

So not attending won't send any message. Might as well be a bit of a hypocrite and go watch the game because at that point it's already happened and not attending won't stop it from happening again. I still think it would be wrong and unfair.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 am

MUTU wrote:

It won't happen...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

It won't happen...

I'm talking hypothetically. We both know if hypothetically that were to happen that you would unleash all your inner energies at the stadium :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Check back with them in another 5 or 10 years. They would still he supporting Man United, Juve, Milan, and Liverpool.

Of course, the diehard fans. Similarly if they play El Clasico in Malta I won't suddenly become a Real Madrid or Barcelona supporter but I'd be intrigued to go watch the match. However, there's also the kids who may not yet have settled on a club, and after watching Bayern play live, chances are they would start supporting Bayern (or Dortmund :P).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Check back with them in another 5 or 10 years. They would still he supporting Man United, Juve, Milan, and Liverpool.

Of course, the diehard fans. Similarly if they play El Clasico in Malta I won't suddenly become a Real Madrid or Barcelona supporter but I'd be intrigued to go watch the match. However, there's also the kids who may not yet have settled on a club, and after watching Bayern play live, chances are they would start supporting Bayern (or Dortmund :P).

Well yeah, but the point is you're taking the game away from fans towards people who mostly care less, with the exception of the few fans who happen to live there.

For what it's worth I think the USA case is a bit different from our example, but I still disagree with the idea. If you want to watch your team play in a country's league, go to that country. Otherwise wait for them to visit on an international tournament or friendly.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:02 pm

I agree it's silly, but at the same time if there's a gain in money I still want it. Football is all about money today. The Bundesliga is losing ground only due to money.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm

MUTU wrote:I agree it's silly, but at the same time if there's a gain in money I still want it. Football is all about money today. The Bundesliga is losing ground only due to money.
But don't you wish that it changes and we go back to when football was still a sport?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe