You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: Spanish football

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 31, 2018 12:37 pm

He did the right thing. He's achieved a historical CL treble and probably will remain the only coach to do so ever. His squad is getting old and it's time for them to shuffle it around, and he doesn't seem to be the rebuilding-type of coach, so he left while on top.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11783
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5040 times
Been thanked: 2707 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Spanish football

Postby MUTU » Thu May 31, 2018 12:40 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Given how things are going in our club, I wouldn’t be surprised if after all James wants to go back and join the new coach

If he has a right of refusal yes. Otherwise Real Madrid would need to pay. That is we could trigger the clause and then sell him back to them for a higher price. 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45470
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8335 times
Been thanked: 13148 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Spanish football

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu May 31, 2018 12:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Given how things are going in our club, I wouldn’t be surprised if after all James wants to go back and join the new coach

If he has a right of refusal yes. Otherwise Real Madrid would need to pay. That is we could trigger the clause and then sell him back to them for a higher price. 8)

Doubt the board would do that, especially because KHR is in good terms with Perez
User avatar
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 am
Has thanked: 697 times
Been thanked: 710 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby Fénix » Thu May 31, 2018 1:11 pm

We'll find out the whole truth and details of Zidane's resignation in 5-6 years(or even more), like it was with Jupp Heynckes 1998.

But he did a tremendous job, won 3 CL titles in row after Bayern's domination in the Champions Cup during mid-70's.
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10629
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4570 times
Been thanked: 4299 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 pm

James to turn in Real ? That's crazy, because first - he didn't want it and second - he is our best player.

No way that Bayern can mess up with him. [-X
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10195
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4986 times
Been thanked: 5213 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby MUTU » Thu May 31, 2018 1:49 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
MUTU wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Given how things are going in our club, I wouldn’t be surprised if after all James wants to go back and join the new coach

If he has a right of refusal yes. Otherwise Real Madrid would need to pay. That is we could trigger the clause and then sell him back to them for a higher price. 8)

Doubt the board would do that, especially because KHR is in good terms with Perez

We signed Xabi Alonso for €10M a few months after he extended his expiring contract. Had he not extended, we'd have gotten him for free. They didn't mind taking those €10M from us, so I don't think we would not profit from such a scenario.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45470
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8335 times
Been thanked: 13148 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Spanish football

Postby MUTU » Thu May 31, 2018 1:53 pm

Fénix wrote:We'll find out the whole truth and details of Zidane's resignation in 5-6 years(or even more)

You mean other than the fact that VAR was officially confirmed to be introduced in La Liga next season? :coffee:
Image
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45470
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8335 times
Been thanked: 13148 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Spanish football

Postby Fénix » Thu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:We'll find out the whole truth and details of Zidane's resignation in 5-6 years(or even more)

You mean other than the fact that VAR was officially confirmed to be introduced in La Liga next season? :coffee:

No, the first thought I said. :D

But it's good to have VAR in La Liga although it won't prevent players from simulating, acting, diving, using dirty tricks and punches, etc., otherwise football in the last 10-15 years would have been totally different.
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10629
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4570 times
Been thanked: 4299 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:51 am

Smart guy Zidane. Knew that his “luck” won’t last longer so quit while he was on top. Real squad is aging and this season they’ve been saved by winning the CL in otherwise what was a truly pathetic domestic season.

He knew only reason he won so much was not because he’s a master tactician or a great coach (got tactically outcoached over two legs by Jupp, Klopp’s Liverpool too were on top against them until Ramos took out Salah) but because he inherited possibly the best squad in Europe.

His unearthly luck with opponents getting injured/suspended, referees favorable decisions and opponents having brain farts in big games would eventually run out. So he decides to leave on a high.

Very Smart man. He was a good manager of top quality players but that’s about that. I don’t think he’ll work that well in any other European team.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 606 times
Been thanked: 1040 times

Re: Spanish football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:12 am

America USA wrote:Smart guy Zidane. Knew that his “luck” won’t last longer so quit while he was on top. Real squad is aging and this season they’ve been saved by winning the CL in otherwise what was a truly pathetic domestic season.

He knew only reason he won so much was not because he’s a master tactician or a great coach (got tactically outcoached over two legs by Jupp, Klopp’s Liverpool too were on top against them until Ramos took out Salah) but because he inherited possibly the best squad in Europe.

His unearthly luck with opponents getting injured/suspended, referees favorable decisions and opponents having brain farts in big games would eventually run out. So he decides to leave on a high.

Very Smart man. He was a good manager of top quality players but that’s about that. I don’t think he’ll work that well in any other European team.
I disagree. Yes, Madrid are bound to decline soon, but regardless Zidane showed that he is a very pragmatic coach, willing to adapt to the available squad as needed. He took Casemiro from beibg a no-one to being one of the best DMs in Europe, and did so while resisting Florentino's urge to play all their Galácticos, which took balls. He used multiple formations during his tenure, depending on the characteristics of the quad under his disposal (a thing that Jupp failed to do). Not tactical fundamentalism, but rather whatever best fits his squad. This is enough to qualify him as a better coach than pretty much anyone else; most coaches only know 1 formation and plainly refuse to play in any other way.

He'd be great with Bayern, for instance, because we also have a fantastic squad filled with quality, but have been systematically underperforming due to poor tactics and braindead starting elevens. He is also unafraid of benching stars (James, Bale, et al), a characteristics that would do wonders with us.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7654
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3434 times
Been thanked: 3009 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:38 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:Smart guy Zidane. Knew that his “luck” won’t last longer so quit while he was on top. Real squad is aging and this season they’ve been saved by winning the CL in otherwise what was a truly pathetic domestic season.

He knew only reason he won so much was not because he’s a master tactician or a great coach (got tactically outcoached over two legs by Jupp, Klopp’s Liverpool too were on top against them until Ramos took out Salah) but because he inherited possibly the best squad in Europe.

His unearthly luck with opponents getting injured/suspended, referees favorable decisions and opponents having brain farts in big games would eventually run out. So he decides to leave on a high.

Very Smart man. He was a good manager of top quality players but that’s about that. I don’t think he’ll work that well in any other European team.
I disagree. Yes, Madrid are bound to decline soon, but regardless Zidane showed that he is a very pragmatic coach, willing to adapt to the available squad as needed. He took Casemiro from beibg a no-one to being one of the best DMs in Europe, and did so while resisting Florentino's urge to play all their Galácticos, which took balls. He used multiple formations during his tenure, depending on the characteristics of the quad under his disposal (a thing that Jupp failed to do). Not tactical fundamentalism, but rather whatever best fits his squad. This is enough to qualify him as a better coach than pretty much anyone else; most coaches only know 1 formation and plainly refuse to play in any other way.

He'd be great with Bayern, for instance, because we also have a fantastic squad filled with quality, but have been systematically underperforming due to poor tactics and braindead starting elevens. He is also unafraid of benching stars (James, Bale, et al), a characteristics that would do wonders with us.


Agree with your analysis partly.

Yes credit him for trying new formations and being pragmatic.

However, I don’t think I can say any player truly improved under him. Isco and Casemiro just got better at what those two do (creating and defending respectively) by getting more and more play time and having the backing of the coach. Asensio was always one of those Spanish prodigies whose talent would just have to show through.

As for benching stars. He could do that because he had a squad that was absolutely stacked. Even Bayern can do that but we are pussies of upsetting big egos. So yeah credit to Zidane for not being afraid to hurt egos. However, you do know that he can make such calls because of his previous stature as a phenomenal player!

Also, last but not the least, never forget the insane amount of luck that went in his favor in ALL THREE YEARS of his European Cup wins.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 606 times
Been thanked: 1040 times

Re: Spanish football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:45 am

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:Smart guy Zidane. Knew that his “luck” won’t last longer so quit while he was on top. Real squad is aging and this season they’ve been saved by winning the CL in otherwise what was a truly pathetic domestic season.

He knew only reason he won so much was not because he’s a master tactician or a great coach (got tactically outcoached over two legs by Jupp, Klopp’s Liverpool too were on top against them until Ramos took out Salah) but because he inherited possibly the best squad in Europe.

His unearthly luck with opponents getting injured/suspended, referees favorable decisions and opponents having brain farts in big games would eventually run out. So he decides to leave on a high.

Very Smart man. He was a good manager of top quality players but that’s about that. I don’t think he’ll work that well in any other European team.
I disagree. Yes, Madrid are bound to decline soon, but regardless Zidane showed that he is a very pragmatic coach, willing to adapt to the available squad as needed. He took Casemiro from beibg a no-one to being one of the best DMs in Europe, and did so while resisting Florentino's urge to play all their Galácticos, which took balls. He used multiple formations during his tenure, depending on the characteristics of the quad under his disposal (a thing that Jupp failed to do). Not tactical fundamentalism, but rather whatever best fits his squad. This is enough to qualify him as a better coach than pretty much anyone else; most coaches only know 1 formation and plainly refuse to play in any other way.

He'd be great with Bayern, for instance, because we also have a fantastic squad filled with quality, but have been systematically underperforming due to poor tactics and braindead starting elevens. He is also unafraid of benching stars (James, Bale, et al), a characteristics that would do wonders with us.


Agree with your analysis partly.

Yes credit him for trying new formations and being pragmatic.

However, I don’t think I can say any player truly improved under him. Isco and Casemiro just got better at what those two do (creating and defending respectively) by getting more and more play time and having the backing of the coach. Asensio was always one of those Spanish prodigies whose talent would just have to show through.

As for benching stars. He could do that because he had a squad that was absolutely stacked. Even Bayern can do that but we are pussies of upsetting big egos. So yeah credit to Zidane for not being afraid to hurt egos. However, you do know that he can make such calls because of his previous stature as a phenomenal player!

Also, last but not the least, never forget the insane amount of luck that went in his favor in ALL THREE YEARS of his European Cup wins.
You know, at this point I don't want any geniuses, just a coach who can be pragmatic and not married for life to a single formation/tactical setup.*

* Ironically, of the post-Jupp (including Jupp) coaches, Pep was the most pragmatic (at least in a season-to-season basis).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7654
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3434 times
Been thanked: 3009 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10195
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4986 times
Been thanked: 5213 times
Gender: Male

Re: Spanish football

Postby tflags » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Ronaldo agrees to a two year jail sentence which might be replaced by a fee plus a set penalty of 18 million euro according to Marca. :shock:
tflags

 

Re: Spanish football

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm

tflags wrote:Ronaldo agrees to a two year jail sentence which might be replaced by a fee plus a set penalty of 18 million euro according to Marca. :shock:

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has reached a deal with Spanish tax authorities to serve two years in prison and pay an 18.8 million euro ($21.8 million) fine in a tax evasion case, newspaper El Mundo reported on Friday.

Ronaldo is unlikely to serve any time in jail under the deal because Spanish law states that a sentence of under two years for a first offence can be served on probation.

The 33-year-old Portuguese footballer is accused of evading 14.7 million euros in taxes and, through his agents, has denied the allegations. Ronaldo is due to play for Portugal on Friday in a World Cup match against Spain.

Gestifute, the agency representing the player, was not immediately available to comment on the report on Friday. The Spanish tax agency also declined to comment.

Spanish courts have recently cracked down on tax evasion among leading footballers.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi was handed a 21-month prison sentence in 2017 on similar charges but under Spanish law was able to exchange the penalty for a fine.

Between 2005 and 2010, foreign players in Spain were protected under the so-called "Beckham law" allowing them to curb their taxes. But as the financial crisis bit deeper, that exemption was lifted, paving the way for the cases. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46431
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31139 times
Been thanked: 6699 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest