You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Isabella wrote:
America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Am I the only one who sees the irony between the first and second parts of your post? :coffee: :P

It’s one thing rooting for a mediocre English team in another league as your second team and another to say that our arch European rivals (voted as our no.1 European enemy in the rival thread that I started in the General Bayern Discussion forum) will win the European Cup again.

Arsenal are not in the same universe as Bayern and are of no threat to my first choice team - Bayern. That’s why I always felt sad when Bayern were drawn against them, not only because I liked both teams, but also because I knew the outcome beforehand.

Real Madrid though, they are Bayern’s chief rivals for the European Cup and saying/wanting them to win as a Bayern fan is equivalent to blasphemy!

And you have read well his post? He never said "Real will win the CL and qualify anyway" but who Real can qualify also winning the CL (and lately looks like winning CL is pretty easy for Real Madrid) who is something different.
Hopefully Real will be out of the CL against PSG (do not like much neither of them but Real can not be out of the CL too soon and really for last year PSG was so unlucky and Real too lucky so better put that even). Do not like Chelsea or Conte either but I am hoping for them also to continue in CL.

It’s just light hearted banter babe! Nothing too serious :wink:

As for your last sentence, I don’t see Chelsea having much of a chance against Barcelona at the moment.

P.S. If PSG doesn’t lose the first leg at the Bernabeu and scores at least one away goal, I think they’ll beat Real on aggregate.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 am

I know that (and what I am really hoping is seeing also Barca out before quarter-finals but I know it is almost impossible... I do not like Chelsea at all so I am fine with them out but still wanted Barca out more). Barca (and this Barca) out on the round of 16 against Chelsea is almost impossible so I was just trying to not said explicitly that
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Atletico will pay the release clause of Rodri, a young CM from Villarreal who is having a great season

In the last few years they have bought Forlan, Godin, Vietto, Cani and now Rodri from Villarreal. But also Gameiro and Vitolo from Sevilla, Filipe from Deportivo, Augusto from Celta, Juanfran from Osasuna, Griezmann from Real Sociedad...... yet we are the only ones who get criticised for weakening our league [-X
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

America USA wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Am I the only one who sees the irony between the first and second parts of your post? :coffee: :P

It’s one thing rooting for a mediocre English team in another league as your second team and another to say that our arch European rivals (voted as our no.1 European enemy in the rival thread that I started in the General Bayern Discussion forum) will win the European Cup again.

Arsenal are not in the same universe as Bayern and are of no threat to my first choice team - Bayern. That’s why I always felt sad when Bayern were drawn against them, not only because I liked both teams, but also because I knew the outcome beforehand.

Real Madrid though, they are Bayern’s chief rivals for the European Cup and saying/wanting them to win as a Bayern fan is equivalent to blasphemy!

I was joking mate. :) I support a Maltese team myself, and am partial to Liverpool in England.

As has been pointed out though, I merely said that Real can still qualify through the back door, so to speak. Obviously winning the CL is not easy, and certainly harder than finishing in the top 4 in La Liga, but they are up there among the favourites. They did win the last two editions, after all. Other than that, trust me, the only club I'd like to see winning it less than them is Man United. I would probably prefer PSG or City.

We've been bitten once before by Chelsea. So the fact that it's still January apart, I wouldn't be celebrating anything until all competitions are over and done with, even if it were May and Real were in 7th place.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 am

Barcelona are looking scary. Credit to Valverde, he has transformed this side. The amount of clean sheets they are keeping is incredible. Only team in the top five European leagues that is still undefeated.

Conte has to pull off a tactical masterclass if Chelsea is going to beat Barcelona. Barca is one team I would love to avoid in the CL.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Meh
JANCKER

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am

Real Madrid thrown out of the Spanish Cup by small Madrid club Leganes .... in Santiago Bernabeu :lol:

If they lose against PSG this season is gonna be one of the worst in their history
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid thrown out of the Spanish Cup by small Madrid club Leganes .... in Santiago Bernabeu

If they lose against PSG this season is gonna be one of the worst in their history
If Zidane were to get the sack... Who could they possibly hire? Can't think of anyone tbh.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 am

Carletto I hope. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Manchu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid thrown out of the Spanish Cup by small Madrid club Leganes .... in Santiago Bernabeu

If Zidane were to get the sack... Who could they possibly hire? Can't think of anyone tbh.

From a theoretical prospective, Tuchel would be the best currently available manager. However, in addition to potential problems caused by Tuchel's personality and the fact that he can't speak German, I am starting to suspect that we've already secretly locked up Tuchel as Jupp's successor while making a public show of asking Jupp to renew.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:45 am

Manchu wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

From a theoretical prospective, Tuchel would be the best currently available manager. However, in addition to potential problems caused by Tuchel's personality and the fact that he can't speak German, I am starting to suspect that we've already secretly locked up Tuchel as Jupp's successor while making a public show of asking Jupp to renew.
I don't think Tuchel would fit Madrid's policy. They tend to go for older* spanish-speaking pragmatists lately. The job at Madrid is actually one of the hardest there is, cause their dressing room is notably difficult. A young guy like Tuchel training Ronaldo? Nah, not a chance.

*Perhaps older is not the word, but rather experienced. Guys with CL titles on them mostly. Zidane would be a notable exception, but that would be like us having Kahn as an assistant coach for a couple of seasons, and then giving him a shot at the main job. An institution within madridismo.

I think Tuchel is the only viable choice for us, btw. There's just no one else.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 am

F.Perez wants JLoew badly...and I had read (& posted here) that a contact was made as well. Real wants only him, but JL is still undecided

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 pm

I hope Low stays with the German National team until 2020 at least.

Barca will win the double (at least) now that both the Madrid clubs are out of the Copa Del Rey. Valencia and Sevilla maybe reasonably strong opponents but they are unlikely to beat Messi and Co.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Fu ck me...
Real are beating Valencia two goals to nill, courtesy to two penalties!!!!

Mafia bitches...

Just read that both penalties were given for dangerous play....

Afaik dangerous play inside the box is punishable by an indirect fk from inside the box...

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Fu ck me...
Real are beating Valencia two goals to nill, courtesy to two penalties!!!!

Mafia bitches...

Just read that both penalties were given for dangerous play....

Afaik dangerous play inside the box is punishable by an indirect fk from inside the box...

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe