You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Fénix » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 am

Real Madrid are very, very strong team. Their squad depth is simply awesome. Who knows, maybe they repeat the last season.

Barcelona look a bit vulnerable, but there's 15 days left to see if they mix something on the market.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:28 am

Zidane has something that every coach needs, especially if you are coaching Real Madrid. He has big respect from all the players.

But apart from that, you can see how good tactically the team is now. And even Florentino is listening to the coach more often. I read that apart from Bale and Ronaldo, any other player from their squad was cheaper than Paulinho (40M) which proves the point that you don't need to spend +100M if you want to be succesful. Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Asensio, Isco etc

SInce Zidane took over, Real are doing things much better and it's paying off for them. He reminds me of Pep a little bit. He can bring any player in the game, and he will make impact. It doesn't matter if he's a youngster or Cristiano Ronaldo
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Because of the push on the referee?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Zidane has something that every coach needs, especially if you are coaching Real Madrid. He has big respect from all the players.

But apart from that, you can see how good tactically the team is now. And even Florentino is listening to the coach more often. I read that apart from Bale and Ronaldo, any other player from their squad was cheaper than Paulinho (40M) which proves the point that you don't need to spend +100M if you want to be succesful. Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Asensio, Isco etc

SInce Zidane took over, Real are doing things much better and it's paying off for them. He reminds me of Pep a little bit. He can bring any player in the game, and he will make impact. It doesn't matter if he's a youngster or Cristiano Ronaldo
Well we have only one player in our club history who cost more than 40m.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Ronaldo should be banned for five games at the most. Anything more would be injustice. I don't like him nor that club but let's call a spade a spade. That referee was very very bad. How biased was he? It was like that Barça-PSG game. He was doing alright till the 65th minute but after that he really screwed up. Suarez's dive was never a penalty and although Ronaldo did go down a lil too easily, I don't think it was simulation and definitely didn't deserve a second yellow. That Uefalona referee was itching to send a Madrid player off it seems and who better than the main man?

To be fair to Cristiano I can empathize with his reaction, I too felt like punching that biased prick of a ref. Haven't felt this way since PSG and Bayern were robbed in the CL. Never thought I'd side with Real of all teams on this issue!

If action is taken against Ronaldo then likewise that referee should pay for his gross incompetence and never referee a top level game again.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:17 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Zidane has something that every coach needs, especially if you are coaching Real Madrid. He has big respect from all the players.

Well we have only one player in our club history who cost more than 40m.

Yes, and that's why I always say I like how the board runs our club in terms of transfers.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 pm

5 match ban for Ronaldo

btw

:-k
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Deserved ban.
JANCKER

Postby tflags » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Roonzil wrote:LMAO RONALDO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Five games for acting like Tarzan out there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tflags

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 am

Comparing Zidane with Pep is an insult to Zidane.
Pelin
I post all the time

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

Fénix wrote:Real Madrid are very, very strong team. Their squad depth is simply awesome. Who knows, maybe they repeat the last season.

Barcelona look a bit vulnerable, but there's 15 days left to see if they mix something on the market.

probably.

PSG and Bayern are the only teams who can stop them, yet PSG's defence is a question mark. The same goes for our winger rotation.
Pelin
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:42 am

Well,i was thinking about Zidane and his coaching skills these days..

On his 20th Champions League night, Zidane left with his second European Cup – as many as Guardiola, Mourinho or Sir Ferguson. It was way after midnight by the time the captain Ramos carried it out of Cardiff and Zidane had already departed, slipping away quietly, pausing only to embrace Allegri, as he went. As the Real players paraded the trophy around the pitch Zidane had stood aside with his wife, watching them, a fond look on his face. “The key is that they get on bloody brilliantly,” he insisted. Cristiano Ronaldo said: “He believes in us.”

Zidane had believed himself, too, quietly. Now everyone does. It has all happened so fast, history made swiftly. At the side of the pitch he was asked if he was the best manager in the world. Once that question might have been laughed at but in Cardiff it was legitimate. It will be asked again, too, even as there are those who resist, clinging to his own line that it is all about the players. “No,” Zidane said here. “Not that, no.”

Yet look what he and his team had just done, the men he had matched. His Madrid had become the first team since Arrigo Sacchi’s Milan, 27 years earlier to defend the European Cup.

No one had done it in the Champions League era. Zidane had done it in a season and a half. Ramos had called it a “date with history”, which it was. The next step is to mark a generation. It might sound strange to talk about this as the start of something when Madrid have won three European Cups in four years – Gareth Bale admitting “we’re getting used to this” – but that is how it felt. Perhaps because their manager is only just starting out. But what a start.

When he was presented, hastily pushed on to the stage in January 2016 as Benítez was dragged off it never to be spoken about again, Zidane was asked what constituted success. “Winning everything,” he replied. In less than two seasons he has won two European Cups, the European Super Cup, the Club World Cup and the league title – Madrid’s first in five years. They had waited 59 years to win a league and European Cup double. No one expected this, not even Zidane, the man who says he has a “star” somewhere, guiding him.

In 2014 he was Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant, while he led the team in Milan in 2016 and Cardiff this year. Zidane the manager has been more successful even than Zidane the player. Quietly does it. That has always been his way.

Guti barely remembers him saying a word, describing him as shy, which is just one of the reasons why his success is unexpected. Even as assistant players did not see it, one member of the side who won in Lisbon admits. Yet the shyness was superficial and tranquillity has proven part of his success.It was always his personality, although get him alone and he is unexpectedly engaging, and now as a manager it is a conscious policy too: don’t complicate it, don’t overload. A member of the coaching staff says messages expressed to footballers should be limited to two clear concepts; beyond that you lose them. And as for long video sessions, forget it.

Also,he is familiar with footballers, attuned to their attitudes and concerns, especially at this elite level. He has made it about them, always; he wants them to be themselves, to feel important, but he has to guide them.

Zidane has empathised and encouraged rather than imposed. Benítez tried to stop Luka Modric playing those passes with the outside of the foot; Zidane offered up his admiration instead. But he has adjusted, too. Modric said after the final in Cardiff: “He tells us what we need to do in the defensive part and in the game to express ourselves, to keep the ball, to play for the team and to try to do our best. If he can see something that we can do on the pitch, he tells us.” He also explained how, at half-time, Zidane told his team to push higher up the pitch, demanding they be more aggressive.

After his retirement as a player, Zidane remained connected to Madrid. For everything he symbolised – the club’s president, Florentino Pérez, described him as the most emblematic signing he had ever made – he was useful to have around. However he was given roles that were largely empty and did not fulfil him – so he went his own way.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Where'd you get that?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm

pyrasur wrote:Where'd you get that?

From my grandma's basement. 8)
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Nice. Well written
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe