You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby pyrasur » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 am

Real played well and they deserved their victory. Like you said Messi puts the 2-0 away could have been a different game, but once Real settled down and started pushing the tempo they looked the better team. If Bayern have to play Real, I would rather not see Bayern trying to be the better counterattacking team. Barca lost when the play started going end to end. I'd rather see Kroos, Ronaldo and Modric have to hunt down the ball. Against Madrid the air needs to be sucked out of the game. Barcelona on the other hand, can't give them time to think. Make them run and outmuscle em.

Bayern will cross that bridge when they get there though. Plenty of challenges on our own front to deal with.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:32 pm

The problem is if they play a 4-4 line at the back, just passing the ball around will make it very difficult to score.
Additionally you can't exactly play a high line of defense against Real. As we've seen against Roma (when we really played a good game), some space will open up here and there even if we play our best, and Real's quick counters will really exploit that. Real will be really hard to beat, because they seem to have a lot of quality atm in both defense and offense. It doesn't seem to me like their defensive midfield suffered a lot even with Kroos playing CDM.

If anyone has a chance that should be us though. Will be interesting!
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Martinez is the kind of player that would make the difference against them, he's so good at breaking counterattacks, I'd dare to say the best there is. Too bad he isn't fit and wasn't really fit even last year, :( I hope he makes a fast recovery cause we'll need someone like him in the knockout phase.

And we just need to add this other guy to get the job done.

JANCKER

Postby runaway » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 pm

I really thought RM's midfield will be exposed in this game. But Barca just had to be too slow in their attack and let that 4 man line in midfield get close to the defense. Now there's no space and they're all in the box. In the Liverpool game, Sterling and Coutinho was able to bypass that midfield but failed to finish their chances. Crosses so far, be it low or high, has been where the best chances came from against RM like in Sociedad, Liverpool, and Barca game.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
Fénix wrote:Btw, it was a mistake to put Mathieu on LB and handball player Pique in starting 11.

Worst LB I've seen in a long time lol
No pace and technique to make an impact upfront at all, to make it worse he's far too slow to even get back into his own half when countered.

Yeah. Really bad LB...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Mathieu is the LB Bernat replaced in Valencia when the former was moved to CB.
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 am

pyrasur wrote:Real played well and they deserved their victory.

The surely had to be 0 - 2 in less than 20 minutes. I pin the loss on some dubious calls by Luis Enrique (the coach BTW). Mathieu as a LB? Really? Rakitić on the bench for one game only Xavi? Pedro on the bench for NO games at all Suárez? Then some horrible mistakes by Piqué and Iniesta sealed the deal. Madrid's flying high, yes, but I'm not sure going two down before pick up the pace would have helped much.
tflags

Postby pyrasur » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:50 am

Barca blew their chance to put Real away, but even if it was 0-2 the way Madrid worked themselves into the match, Real could have fought back. In the end it's all hypothetical. End of story, Barca lost control and let Madrid get the upper hand.

Mathieu at left back was baffling. Not sure if they intended to use three CB's to slow down Real's counter, but Mathieu looked like a regular left back anyway. in the end Real were still getting into way too many 2v2 situations and Mathieu offered no offensive penetration down the left.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 pm

Spanish players to be investigated for tax evasion one of whom is Xabi Alonso, however I think it is the usual storm in the tea cup [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Pepe De Jong kicked Ramos.
Spoiler: show
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Mustafi scored a brace:-o

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Mustafi scored a brace:-o

Do you happen to know how he scored them? The BILD article only mentions his two goals, but doesn't give any details.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:44 am

It seems that Real Sociedad want Thomas Tuchel to be their new coach.

Bazi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Mustafi scored a brace:-o

Do you happen to know how he scored them? The BILD article only mentions his two goals, but doesn't give any details.

YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Burko » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 am

Please no, no to Sociedad.
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby runaway » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Bazi wrote:Do you happen to know how he scored them? The BILD article only mentions his two goals, but doesn't give any details.

1st goal was a header, 2nd goal was from his right foot. [source]
He has 3 goals already in Valencia. 2 from headers and 1 right footed.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe