You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:35 pm

The thing is, CAN they legally ban them, can they deduct points or put transfer bans on them? I mean, some have 800 mil + debt they can hardly pay back, no matter how they got the money. The FFP is a fucking joke, clubs like City etc gets a pat on the back and an angry look and thats it. But a club like Fener who cant pay salary, gets banned for 2 years from International competitions.

I might get respect back for UEFA if they actually can and will do something that hurts those fucking clubs. But even then i think Kroenke wont give a shit, he owns the damn LA Rams in the NFL ( who just built the most expensive stadium worldwide with 2 billion cost i believe? ) , Colorado Rapids in the MLS, Denver Nuggets in the NBA and Colorado Avalanche in the NHL. The money he ''earns'' with Arsenal is his childs weekly allowance.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Fénix wrote:
T4L10N wrote:To be honest, 6+5 could kind of save this overspending (not with fake double passports and likes). We all know that clubs are no NTs so foreign players is what gives that extra flavour, but there should be limit to it. I always counted how many Germans where in starting XI for us (Dont get me wrong, I love all our players be it German, French or other, ... hmm, maybe except Alaba :D ).

Do you know or recall that FIFA proposed 6+5 20 years ago and G14(ECA back then) threatened with the Super League? That EU was behind this mess when it removed 8+3 and exponentially started to bring imbalance in football ?

We lost our football and sport because globalisation and money only. We lost fantastic CL because of that. But nobody wants to admit it just as nobody wanted to admit that Europa League/UEFA Cup has been more interesting and unpredictable for the last 16 years than the CL?

But well... football fans, traditionalists, real sport adrenaline guys are called "legacy fans"(whatever that means), hooligans, bigots, bad consumers, customers, financially not profitable, interesting, desirable, etc.

Bad thing is that fans and ultras didn't immediately cut head to snakes 15-20 years ago because banners didn't serve their purpose.

I think all is just a total joke because without brutality within UEFA and towards those 12 clubs you can't talk about football as the sport, solidarity, domestic leagues and clubs...

It's just my view on this and it is well-known for the last 15 years. Soft, wimp, pansy and inclusive approach here doesn't work.
You can fuck up clubs totally, even kick out American and Arab billionaires from Europe and football, but it is worth for us who come out of top 5 leagues. We used to beat the shit out of those best clubs in the world 25-40 years ago.
Dude, I‘ve deliberately skipped it a few times, but please don’t act out with your irrational hate for "the EU" here, "the EU" is not the culprit...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Fénix wrote:Do you know or recall that FIFA proposed 6+5 20 years ago and G14(ECA back then) threatened with the Super League? That EU was behind this mess when it removed 8+3 and exponentially started to bring imbalance in football ?

We lost our football and sport because globalisation and money only. We lost fantastic CL because of that. But nobody wants to admit it just as nobody wanted to admit that Europa League/UEFA Cup has been more interesting and unpredictable for the last 16 years than the CL?

But well... football fans, traditionalists, real sport adrenaline guys are called "legacy fans"(whatever that means), hooligans, bigots, bad consumers, customers, financially not profitable, interesting, desirable, etc.

Bad thing is that fans and ultras didn't immediately cut head to snakes 15-20 years ago because banners didn't serve their purpose.

I think all is just a total joke because without brutality within UEFA and towards those 12 clubs you can't talk about football as the sport, solidarity, domestic leagues and clubs...

It's just my view on this and it is well-known for the last 15 years. Soft, wimp, pansy and inclusive approach here doesn't work.
You can fuck up clubs totally, even kick out American and Arab billionaires from Europe and football, but it is worth for us who come out of top 5 leagues. We used to beat the shit out of those best clubs in the world 25-40 years ago.

Thanks for the post, good one I dont remember those. UEFA should be really brutal, but I expect them not to be harsh as they will talk about forgiveness, blah-blah. But reality is that if they dont strike now and put severe penalties/bans, ESL will come back this time stronger.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:51 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:If I were the Uefa Pres...

Real Juve Barca Milan will be excluded from the next two UCL editions
Get a transfer ban for two years
Despicable clubs - but why only them? Fuck, Arsenal and Tottenham can‘t even play fucking EuroLeague
They’re getting schooled by Leicester
Fucking elitists speak of a necessary change in the game, how it’s not healthy to spend more than 70% of their revenue on wages... Well, D’UH, how about reducing wages you fucks?!

If they reduce wages, then the players go to england... Its as simple as that.

Also, people wanting to roll back globalization #-o
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:01 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:

Despicable clubs - but why only them? Fuck, Arsenal and Tottenham can‘t even play fucking EuroLeague
Fucking elitists speak of a necessary change in the game, how it’s not healthy to spend more than 70% of their revenue on wages... Well, D’UH, how about reducing wages you fucks?!

And on goes the ebb and flow of European powerhouses. If they go the way of Hamburg, Nottingham Forest, Newcastle or Leeds so be it. Football should not change to prop up clubs who can’t spend responsibly enough to survive. Real and Barca both need reality checks anyways
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm

No, no one is going to go to Hamburg. Everyone is going to England, were the money is, and will remain in the foreseable future.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Top clubs (especially RM and Barca) were making mistakes for years now and they know it. But never even tried to fix the problem but just kept on going with buying expensive players (Barca), RM at least sold Ronaldo but also spent 100mil€+ for Hazard who had 1 year left on his contract, not to mention not offloading Bale.

I think we need a big club to fail. They've been totally irresponsible and it'll be a lesson to others. If Barca fails and sells Messi and some other superstar to lower their expenses...other clubs will follow. For the last 10-15 years top clubs were in a rat-race. They bought and spent even though they couldnt keep up with expenses.
What makes it interesting is that clubs like PSG, Chelsea and Man City (who are also responsible for inflating the market) actually stopped spending so much and tried to spend only what they earn, even though they have owners with billions behind them.

Whole european football cant be responsible just because few top clubs were so stupid to spend what they dont have.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:36 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:

Also, people wanting to roll back globalization #-o
Well, then they have to accept that!

If the English do better business, they‘re (Spaniards) not entitled to have better players!

That’s exactly it!

Also, it‘s not only wages when you stuff millions down the throats of people whose only job is to eat steak and drink wine on other people’s walket while talking to them...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:46 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 pm

However this ends UEFA will look be the bad guy here. Top clubs are forcing UEFA to look into getting more money for them so they have to increase the number of games and make it so that it becomes interesting from the first game and that is what they are trying to do (so more money flows in from broadcasting). A lot of fans also want it to change so it is more interesting. On the other hand you have players that will have to play more games. But in the end that is where they get their money from.

If you ask me I would just leave CL the way it is. I am aware that group stages are not as interesting as knock-out phases but CL is just the icing on the cake and that is why it is so interesting and the best competition in the world. Just like world cup. What makes it great for me is that it gets more and more interesting as it appoaches the final.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:11 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:However this ends UEFA will be the bad guy here. Top clubs are forcing UEFA to look into getting more money for them so they have to increase the number of games and make it so that it becomes interesting from the first game and that is what they are trying to do (so more money flows in from broadcasting). A lot of fans also want it to change so it is more interesting. On the other hand you have players that will have to play more games. But in the end that is where they get their money from.

If you ask me I would just leave CL the way it is. I am aware that group stages are not as interesting as knock-out phases but CL is just the icing on the cake and that is why it is so interesting and the best competition in the world. Just like world cup. What makes it great for me is that it gets more and more interesting as it appoaches the final.
Just screw the fucking pots!

Put them all in a big bowl and they get the group they get... FFS, this entitlement has to stop... You want money? Win games... Simple...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:12 pm

Ceferin praised bayern munchen and the way it is run
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:No, no one is going to go to Hamburg. Everyone is going to England, were the money is, and will remain in the foreseable future.

I mean the clubs not the players lol
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby munchen99 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:51 am

sch0ll7 wrote:However this ends UEFA will look be the bad guy here. Top clubs are forcing UEFA to look into getting more money for them so they have to increase the number of games and make it so that it becomes interesting from the first game and that is what they are trying to do (so more money flows in from broadcasting). A lot of fans also want it to change so it is more interesting. On the other hand you have players that will have to play more games. But in the end that is where they get their money from.

I actually like the new format. We will be in a group of ten clubs. Many of those games will be great matches against bigger clubs. I hope that your position in the 10 team league determines your playoff opponent, because that would be great and incentivize getting a top spot rather than just qualifying. The group stages right now are super boring esp as a bayern fan. We whip 2 teams twice, and one team one time.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:38 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe