You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:57 pm

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Lol check this article on sport1.de, they summed up all the debts from the ESL clubs.. You would think Barca and Real are on 1 and 2 :roll:

https://www.sport1.de/internationaler-f ... a-und-real
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:40 teams?!? Fgs! And I'm here thinking that BuLi should send a single team to Europe cause the other three invariably make fools out of themselves. xD

EDIT: ok... One german team to the CL and the other 2 go to Europe, but revenue is negotiated separately, and EL gets whatever money they can get from sponsors and TV distribution. What about that?

So if it was up to you, we wouldn't have qualified for the 2012/13 Champions League?
Hahaha good one. Well, those were other times. As I've argued previously, there was a steep decay in BuLi roughly 4-5 years ago. Dortmund has always been a selling club, but now they can't hold on to their 21yos and 17yos are starting for them. It's a whole different world vs 2013.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:50 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Also @Punk and others, after looking more into it:

900m debt is not "sustainable growth" debt, it‘s not "irrational" to be afraid of debt as high as your revenue... And to fond ever new ways of revenue is even less sustainable...

Sustainable growth works by making debt you KNOW how to pay back! Abd for which you have the means!

I cannot go to my bank and borrow 5m to buy a house and say "I only make 1k a month but I will find some way or another to pay you back in the future" - that‘s not business conduct...

Fuck RM!
Hahaha but that's not the case here. They were planning a competition that would potentially have huge viewership numbers. It's not like they didn't know we're the cash flow to pay JPM would come from.
They didn’t! Even if they've been planning this thing for five years - and the dilletantish manner in which it was conducted tells me they haven’t - they haven’t amassed this debt just in that timeframe!
FFS they ALREADY had their fucking training grounds sold for 1billion in the early 2000s to be debt free back then!
They CLEARLY spend more than they can ever bring in...

EVERY...

FUCKING...

YEAR...

If they weren’t so heavily backed by a state that interestingly only seems to know how to maladminister themselves, they‘d be in deep shit... Seriously...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:40 teams?!? Fgs! And I'm here thinking that BuLi should send a single team to Europe cause the other three invariably make fools out of themselves. xD

EDIT: ok... One german team to the CL and the other 2 go to Europe, but revenue is negotiated separately, and EL gets whatever money they can get from sponsors and TV distribution. What about that?

You know what? Maybe what smaller teams need is less guaranteed revenue instead of more. They have grown to complacent in doing the same thing year after year and having a guaranteed income. They need to work harder and ditch amateur boards and CEOs. Too much nepotism and incompetence in BuLi. Too many children and brothers of directors or former players given positions of authority on account of their last names. Too many clubs that are ran like it's the corner bakery.
Yeah rather have them make a billion in debt so when they‘re successful we can act like it was earned and/or economically feasible...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:44 pm

Čeferin just had (a really extensive and interesting) imterview talking about Agnelli, Perez, Woodward and others.

For now some great quotes from the interview:

"Perez doesn't like me because I won't do exactly what he says. He is afterall a president of Super League. A president of nothing."

"5 clubs called me on saturday saying they HAD to join so they won't get left out"

"Agnelli was saying it is bullshit that SuperLeague is forming. I already knew it is so I said to him "Let's give a PR statment then". He said that is a great idea and told me to write it and send it to him to see. I did that, send it and trying to call him again. He didn't pick up the phone. After a long time he did and said it is not really OK and he will fix a few things. After that he didn't pick up the phone."

"People are saying UEFA is corrupt and everything we do is purely for the money. Ex presidents were corrupt, that's why I candidated and am now a president of UEFA. Since then I really try to talk with every single club, every single football association, every person and to work it out. Ask anybody. A lot of people that didn't pay attention to football politics are still under impression of 2015 (Blatter and Platini cases)

"Ed Woodward called me on thursday and said he is very happy with CL reform and he is excited to vote for it tomorrow. We know what happend after"

"I read a joke today about Super League today that Real Madrid and Juventus are going to play 52 matchest next season"

"Believe me, anybody that says that is calm it is not. Wait until friday. We have at least 235 out of 247 clubs at our side. And that is just on paper. "

"I can't find billions for the English clubs. And even that wouldn't fix things up because they would find another excuse to do the same thing."

"I heard about Super League that it will be officially announced on sunday night. Obviously for American market. That's what pissed real fans the most"

"This CL format is not final. We are trying to please everybody. Perez and owners that are critiziting UEFA and saying that we are loosing up for the big clubs and Super league is just a rebelion against us but at the same time they say we are too strict to them."

"I said to the clubs that were worried about the super league that I need 24h and Super League won't exist anymore. I made a few calls, but fans did the most important thing. They rebelled."

"I had to have double whiskey so I was able to fall asleep on sunday"

"Yesterday I had 3800 SMS that I wasn't able to respond to"

"I learned that money is not everything. I learned that even the people that are the closest to you can lie to you. "

"I never gave myself a raise. You can see who posted that and know who gave a order to post this. It is a lie."

"My family stood with me in all this. My brother was mad when I left mid night to Slovenia after this."

"I had a conference where I told everything about the problem. Boris Johnson and Macron acted 10min after the conference. But the most importand were the supporters that has shown they can't be bought."

"I would call myself naive but at least I'm not a lier"

"There is 247 clubs in ECE. Nobody gave me a clue something is happening. I heard it from time to time and then asked my (then) good friend, president of ECE (Agnolli) about it. He denied it everytime."

"Agnelli on friday hosted a meeting about the new format. All of the 247 clubs voted for it. Including the greedy 12."

"Saturday was really interesting. Somebody who I won't mention, called me in the morning saying the clubs will tomorrow (on sunday) night create something called SuperLeague. After that, in the same day I recived 5 calles from 5 different clubs apologising to me that they had to do it. Agnelli said it was all lies and everything was made up. I wasn't so THAT naive so I told him then we should do a press realase then. He agreed "happily" and told me to write it and he will check it out. After that I called him 10 times with no answer. Then he answered and said he will fix a few thing and send it back to me. But that was the last time I was able to reach him. He vanished."

"I said to the clubs that they have to publicly deny claims that they will participate in Super League. If they won't do it until tomorrow (sunday) they will become enemies. They said they want to remain friends under a Super league but I said:"That doesn't exist."

Interviewer: "You said that so many lies that you heard from Agnelli you never heard from somebody else. He said that everything about your relationship is between him and you"

Čeferin: "Okay. But I think if you talk about buissness this isn't really a private thing. If somebody asked me what I am going to do at vaciation or how are the kids that is something I wouldn't talk for the public. But if somebody puts an European or even World football at stake, this is a crucial thing to talk about. And especilly because of his repetitive lies this is something that is needed to be publicly talked about."

"For me, I don't want to be too harsh, is horrifying that greed can be so powerful that you don't care for the sport that we love, for European culture, European values that we were buliding for hundreds of years, for supporters and afterall personal friendships. And know I am naive."

"Football can either start and end wars"
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:58 pm

At the very least these fucking wildcards - which they sold to us as being the only way to prevent a SuperLeague - should be abandoned now...!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 am

Peresorosz said : The Super League is still on... no teams have left as there is a penalty to be paid if one leaves
He was speaking yest to cadena ser

He mentioned that there was one particular Eng tm which was not totally convinced about the project and managed to install negativity in the group
(MAN CITY)

He also said that at this rate clubs won't survive beyond 2024- if we do not find more funds as young people are turning away from football ()& want to watch a nadal v federer (barca v real or City v juve) all the time (how boring they must have become )

The project is not dead and will present it again cause they were not let to do so in the right manner and the project was born three years ago
Last edited by ramsej84 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:18 am

Perez is a fucking genius. He's convinced a clutch of clubs to rebel and sign a contract with a penalty, the money from which will go into funding players for Real Madrid
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:Peresorosz said : The Super League is still on... no teams have left as there is a penalty to be paid if one leaves
He was speaking yest to cadena ser

He mentioned that there was one particular Eng tm which was not totally convinced about the project and managed to install negativity in the group
(MAN CITY)

He also said that at this rate clubs won't survive beyond 2024- if we do not find more funds as young people are turning away from football ()& want to watch a nadal v federer (barca v real or City v juve) all the time (how boring they must have become )

The project is not dead and will present it again cause they were not let to do so in the right manner and the project was born three years ago

He never asked why young people are turning away (if true), maybe because of the transfers he/Barca/oil clubs had been making. Maybe because loyalty is not appreciated this days as much as money? He should be fighting roots of this problem but he is a hypocrite and cares about money.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:29 am

Three years! Three years and this business genius with the laughable and sustainable debt of 900m has his project to "save (Spanish) soccer" cancelled within two days!

What a fucking asshole... There’s people in this world who deserve nothing but the worst...!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:31 am

Also, good to know this fat old fuck us telling us fans what we want to see...!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:02 am

#12 wrote:Also, good to know this fat old fuck us telling us fans what we want to see...!

Yeah, exactly, he knows that as some people mentioned all this time we dreamed football of 10 minutes each half and 3 hours of advertisements in-between :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:47 am

Found the tweet for what I posted earlier as it was in Italian

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:49 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe