You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 am

There's now just 4 clubs left at the moment, it seems.... So the "Super League" is more or less the "Slightly more prestigious Audi Cup" =D> :lol:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:20 am

Arsenal released a statement leaving ESL:

"The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love,"

"We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

"It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

Bayern's Statement about Joining the ESL:

"however when the invitation to join the Super League came, we just said MIA SAN MIA"
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 am

sch0ll7 wrote:Last 2 days were as exciting as watching a whole season of the CL..and it will only get better.
This is a bigger win for us than last season when we won 6 trophies. Feels so good when you are on the right side of history.

NOW punish them!
xD when has punishment been being in the right side of history? @#12 ?
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:54 am

AvatarX wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Even on the way out, mid-table :lol:

This is painfully hypocritical. They pussied out like the rest of em when it became obvious that reactions are gonna be severe - and now they are caring for the fans?

What a tasteless charade.

Seems likely that Real will be the last one standing. Which is great for them, they’ll be taking all the points and trophies, every year.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:03 am

Hardrade wrote:Seems likely that Real will be the last one standing. Which is great for them, they’ll be taking all the points and trophies, every year.

Perez and Agnelli know they fucked up and there is no way back for them. Both of them back-stabbed UEFA and they know they will be punished for it. Perez will probably have to step down as RM president and Agnelli will beg for mercy. RM and Juve will have a hard time coming back from this. Woodward already said he will be stepping down as vice chairman at Man Utd. English clubs will probably pay some simbolic fine without being banned (as they caved in first). Barca, Milan, Inter and Atletico will probably face severe fines or bans.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:53 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 am

AvatarX wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Even on the way out, mid-table :lol:

I think the Arsenal fans from England can now kick out the cancer out of their club after 10-15 years of terrible ruling, the most expensive tickets in England, tourists on their stadiums, etc... It's been clear quite some time that Arsenal fans are furious, bitter and unhappy with Kroenke and Gazidis, where the club goes and that only those 4 FA Cups in the last 10 years made them look a bit less of a mockery.

The same should do Manchester United fans and even way worse - they should all join and fund the other club of their rebellious brothers who left 15-16 years ago and founded
FC United of Manchester. [source]

That was also one of the best and wisest ideas I've ever seen in football as a sign of hostile taking over. The same did some Austria Salzburg fans who despised Red Bull changing the name, colors and erasing history, Varteks in Croatia, etc.

Basically kicking those foreign billionaires out of English and European football can now begin and have a valid reason no matter what the consequences and price would be, but return of sport is the most important and UEFA without that isn't going to do a good job IMO.
It's a world crisis for everyone, they also need to feel it if the sport and players are created and played once by the poor and stolen by the rich.

Everything can be fixed if there's a will and everyone sacrifice something and show they really care about the sport, not business and greed the last 2 decades.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am

munchen99 wrote:Arsenal released a statement leaving ESL:

"The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love,"

"We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

"It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

Bayern's Statement about Joining the ESL:

"however when the invitation to join the Super League came, we just said MIA SAN MIA"
Way to save their dignity
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:Last 2 days were as exciting as watching a whole season of the CL..and it will only get better.
This is a bigger win for us than last season when we won 6 trophies. Feels so good when you are on the right side of history.

NOW punish them!
xD when has punishment been being in the right side of history? @#12 ?
In this case

Also in the Punic Wars for example...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:00 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
Hardrade wrote:Seems likely that Real will be the last one standing. Which is great for them, they’ll be taking all the points and trophies, every year.

Perez and Agnelli know they fucked up and there is no way back for them. Both of them back-stabbed UEFA and they know they will be punished for it. Perez will probably have to step down as RM president and Agnelli will beg for mercy. RM and Juve will have a hard time coming back from this. Woodward already said he will be stepping down as vice chairman at Man Utd. English clubs will probably pay some simbolic fine without being banned (as they caved in first). Barca, Milan, Inter and Atletico will probably face severe fines or bans.
Not happening... Ceferin‘s already preparing to suck Florentino‘s and RM‘s dicks like UEFA always has...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:25 am

#12 wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:

Not happening... Ceferin‘s already preparing to suck Florentino‘s and RM‘s dicks like UEFA always has...

Yeah, thats the problem. And UEFA will now preach about morality from the high ground because few people made serious mistakes (I mean Perez and co). They were completely unprepared for this.

I fear it's not gonna change anything for us (same shitty decisions by referees against us). I will keep hope if they issue severe penalties and bans on those clubs depending on the role they played in ESL.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:03 am

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:Not happening... Ceferin‘s already preparing to suck Florentino‘s and RM‘s dicks like UEFA always has...

Yeah, thats the problem. And UEFA will now preach about morality from the high ground because few people made serious mistakes (I mean Perez and co). They were completely unprepared for this.

I fear it's not gonna change anything for us (same shitty decisions by referees against us). I will keep hope if they issue severe penalties and bans on those clubs depending on the role they played in ESL.

5 year ban in European competitions could mean dismantling those clubs or eventually proving that players don't love clubs at all, don't care about the domestic leagues where they play, that they care about big money in life that can even lose after they retire like hundreds of legends, great players, well-known players in many leagues, etc. Business as usual.

UEFA and EU quite some time don't hold moral superiority, either. But they dictate rules and have vaults and they care that they get bigger every year or remain that way.

From my life experience in a country full of corruption, pervert and tragicomic injustice, this is just going to be a theater and the famous proverb/saying here: "the hills shook, a mouse was born."
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:15 am

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby T4L10N » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:16 am

Fénix wrote:5 year ban in European competitions could mean dismantling those clubs or eventually proving that players don't love clubs at all, don't care about the domestic leagues where they play, that they care about big money in life that can even lose after they retire like hundreds of legends, great players, well-known players in many leagues, etc. Business as usual.

UEFA and EU quite some time don't hold moral superiority, either. But they dictate rules and have vaults and they care that they get bigger every year or remain that way.

From my life experience in a country full of corruption, pervert and tragicomic injustice, this is just going to be a theater and the famous proverb/saying here: "the hills shook, a mouse was born."

Even 2 year ban may prove fatal for RM and Barca due to abnormal debt levels but they should do it (betrayal should be punished to avoid similar cases in the future). Same UEFA issued 5 year ban on all PL clubs due to Heysel tragedy while those PL clubs were not guilty at all and they should forgive these clubs directly betraying fans/traditions/players/other clubs as if nothing happened? It would be hypocrisy (and I understand that shareholders will be deemed guilty not clubs themselves). If they dont do it now, then they will lose this battle in the long-term as SL will definitely be created in 5-10 years at maximum.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe