You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:26 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Last 2 days were as exciting as watching a whole season of the CL..and it will only get better.
This is a bigger win for us than last season when we won 6 trophies. Feels so good when you are on the right side of history.

NOW punish them!
Can’t remember EVER spending this long reading football news and discussing it! Not during a world cup, not after winning a CL, never. The whole world is talking about, even people who don’t watch football.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pittbay » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Last 2 days were as exciting as watching a whole season of the CL..and it will only get better.
This is a bigger win for us than last season when we won 6 trophies. Feels so good when you are on the right side of history.

NOW punish them!

Yes and Bayern needed some good PR after the Flick thing lol
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 pm

I feel like one big consideration that hasn't been mentioned here much....All 12 of these clubs reportedly left the ECA, and as far as I understand it you can't participate in UEFA competitions without ECA membership (as the ECA is the only governing body recognized by UEFA, I believe). Are they (the ECA) under any obligation to allow them (Super League clubs) back as members?
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 pm

CiriacoS wrote:Shocking that yesterday you had Real’s president live on TV talking like the new godfather of football, like this god-like figure who is inventing football in a new manner. He was so firm about all this, like everything is in place and the games are there to be played in a matter of months.

And now this today. Something here does not make sense. I mean Perez is not from yesterday in football. He knows UEFA, he knows FIFA. To engage in something like this he must have considered such outcome. He had to know what are the potential risks.

Its hard to comprehend that they did not consider such reaction and thought that this will go smoothly. Its difficult to comprehend, unless other plans are in motion in the background.
He can know about the sport all he wants, the fat fuck simply cannot handle money and forgot it’s not him who made the sport but the other way around...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:29 pm

MUTU wrote:The Super Losers.
Didn’t you want us to join them?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:31 pm

#12 wrote:
Didn’t you tell us we ARE one of them (super losers)? :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:
Didn’t you tell us we ARE one of them (super losers)? :P

Forgive him. He is almost 40 ... he is excused to make some mistakes 8)
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:33 pm

aterford wrote:I feel like one big consideration that hasn't been mentioned here much....All 12 of these clubs reportedly left the ECA, and as far as I understand it you can't participate in UEFA competitions without ECA membership (as the ECA is the only governing body recognized by UEFA, I believe). Are they (the ECA) under any obligation to allow them (Super League clubs) back as members?
Either way, we all know nothing‘s gonna happen... They‘re all too spineless... They‘ll take em back with a little "hope you learned your lesson" speech like nothing happened and next year RM will BS their way to another CL like nothing happened...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 pm

I must say: No secret I have had my complaints about our board's spending policy. I think they're often thrifty to a fault, and at times a reluctance to take on any debts can perhaps serve to do more harm than good (or, at least provide less benefit than the alternative). I often feel like Kalle and Uli and co's talk about how wages are too much and we can't afford this and that to be hard to swallow and often feels "convenient," like a ready-made excuse to pull out when it fits.

With all that being said if you ever needed evidence that our way just works - here it is. We just won the sextuple, so it's working on a sporting level. We suffered huge losses (or if you want to be picky perhaps it's not 'losses' but 'not-gains') just like everyone else as a result of the pandemic. And while things haven't all panned out how we'd hoped this season - maybe more spending last summer would've prevented that - we still find ourselves in a very, very healthy financial situation compared to all these other top "prestige" clubs in Europe.

I don't doubt that there will come a day when the "Super League" comes up again and frankly we will probably be a part of it. Lord knows Kalle's long wanted it. But that doesn't matter at the moment. The bottom line is - the thing that separates us from many of the other clubs involved at the moment - we don't NEED the Super League. We don't go crazy in the transfer market, we pay wages we can afford, and we don't spend money we don't have. These are not revolutionary principles by any means (and again, I think sometimes we go too conservative!) but they've got us in an excellent situation, both financially and sport-wise. Even though we didn't win everything this year like we wanted to, when you look at the combination of BOTH sporting AND financial health, who is in a better position than us right now?

So it's worth keeping in mind. Like I said, I have plenty of complaints of my own from time to time, and I'm not saying everything's perfect, but a big reason why we could confidently say "no" to this venture is precisely because of careful management and a commitment to maintaining healthy financials. You might roll your eyes when Kalle talks about wanting to lower wages and agent fees and whatnot and think he's coming off as a cheapskate, but there's some truth to what he's saying. We have 'weathered the storm' better than most all other clubs for these reasons. I have to give my sincere thanks for that.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:38 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Even on the way out, mid-table :lol:

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:41 pm

AvatarX wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Even on the way out, mid-table :lol:
They finished second. Don’t table start off alphabetically by default? :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:42 pm

CiriacoS wrote:Shocking that yesterday you had Real’s president live on TV talking like the new godfather of football, like this god-like figure who is inventing football in a new manner. He was so firm about all this, like everything is in place and the games are there to be played in a matter of months.

And now this today. Something here does not make sense. I mean Perez is not from yesterday in football. He knows UEFA, he knows FIFA. To engage in something like this he must have considered such outcome. He had to know what are the potential risks.

Its hard to comprehend that they did not consider such reaction and thought that this will go smoothly. Its difficult to comprehend, unless other plans are in motion in the background.

They knew UEFA, FIFA and domestic football associations will be against it but they never thought that it will anger so many fans around Europe. Even governments got involved.
He knew Real Madrid fans will be behind him...as we saw they didnt protest much. Same goes for Barcelona, Atletico and even Italian clubs. But he underestimated English and German tradition in football. There was little chance that Germans would follow and as we saw every club was against it. They thought that English wouldnt make a big deal out of it as they are used to getting milked by their owners...but it looks like this was all too much and it backfired hugely. Cheers to english fans and even players that were against it. They showed that they still have some tradition left in them. They will now probably seize the moment and try to make some changes in their clubs.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 pm

What a crazy 2 days.

Just as @Scholl7 said, there must be some brutal penalty, something like 5-10 years out of European competitions. After all, they were shaking European football and destroying many domestic leagues over the last 20 years.
Small clubs and traditional clubs, even those once big thorugh the past and great clubs in top 5 and out of top 5 European leagues need to get some compensation. UEFA should also remember them all, hundreds of them lost a lot from a sporting and competitive side.

And the NT football and its extreme importance to countries and peoples. A lot of things need to be reviewed from completely non-financial perspective.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby AvatarX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:47 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:

They knew UEFA, FIFA and domestic football associations will be against it but they never thought that it will anger so many fans around Europe. Even governments got involved.
He knew Real Madrid fans will be behind him...as we saw they didnt protest much. Same goes for Barcelona, Atletico and even Italian clubs. But he underestimated English and German tradition in football. There was little chance that Germans would follow and as we saw every club was against it. They thought that English wouldnt make a big deal out of it as they are used to getting milked by their owners...but it looks like this was all too much and it backfired hugely. Cheers to english fans and even players that were against it. They showed that they still have some tradition left in them. They will now probably seize the moment and try to make some changes in their clubs.

They underestimated the "legacy fans" factor

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:48 pm

I hope this is true. I want them to make even bigger fools of themselves. If they go on with this I cant see them coming back to CL or getting severely punished.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe