You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Rummenigge masterclass. Planted the super league idea at the very beginning only to sabotage everyone else and make Bayern look good.

I was just about to write KHR masterclass lol

I doubt it was his plan to sabotage everyone else but great to see our board had the balls to stand up for the fans and what they believe in. It just shows that our guys are former football players and not just some polititians and businessmen.

All fans around the world should be remembering this day as.."the day when FC Bayern saved football".

After all of this is over we will be the biggest winners and KHR and others had huge part in this. At least us bayern fans can walk around with our heads held high.
UEFA wont forget who stood by their side now when they saw who the real snakes were.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Looooooooool Roman Abrahamovich and Sheikh Mansour literally just looked at each other and went "wait, but we already have money" :lol:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby German-American » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I wish UEFA would now ban clubs that were behind this. Juve, RM, Man Utd, Liverpool probably. 5 year ban from CL. And somekind of punishment for the rest of them.
I wouldn’t go for a 5 year ban. UEFA should pretend to seek reconciliation.

Disqualify them from all competitions this season. That effectively means they won’t play in Europe next season. They should also start their leagues with negative points. That will be enough. The worst of these clubs will go bankrupt with 2-3 years of no European football so let them exclude themselves from the CL themselves without an official ban.

I think that is fair. Additionally, I see lifetime bans for the executives who played a large roles in this.
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Rummenigge masterclass. Planted the super league idea at the very beginning only to sabotage everyone else and make Bayern look good.

And managed to work his way back to the top as head of the ECA, the sly bastard...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Looooooooool Roman Abrahamovich and Sheikh Mansour literally just looked at each other and went "wait, but we already have money" :lol:

Exactly it made no sense for them to have FOMO. Should've waited on the sidelines first and seen how it all went. But they will get credit for being the first 2 to leave.

Arsenal is the most hurt by this IMO. Their fans have been the quietest.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 pm

aterford wrote:

And managed to work his way back to the top as head of the ECA, the sly bastard...
Didn’t he resign voluntarily though?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm

Bye snake!
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm

So, dear Bayernforum, this is ME, #12, talking about our executives:

Kudos and thank you to the Bayern board!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm

Lahmies wrote:
aterford wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Now this, suggesting the Glazers are contemplating selling United.

Good for them. Man Utd fans will rejoice.

I know man, with Woodward out and Glazers perhaps selling though, we might regret it...they might just become a powerhouse again hahah
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm

Make no mistake though, this super league will come back eventually in the "proper" way, under the guise of the UEFA and spearheaded by Rummenigge. What a hero.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:32 pm

On the downside, guess this definitely means we won't be getting a do-over in the UCL this season...

But on the plus-side...there's a realistic possibility where WE come out of this as UEFA's favored team and Real Madrid will be the ones the referees sh*t on.....

:lol: :lol:
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Our club has earned massive respect in this fiasco. Can't wait to see Real Madrid file for bankruptcy next.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Make no mistake though, this super league will come back eventually in the "proper" way, under the guise of the UEFA and spearheaded by Rummenigge. What a hero.

To be fair if this super league had only football terms to start with (for example Semis of CL & semis of EL playing a small tournament or something like that) it would be something nice.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Probably Rummenigge :D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Mani wrote:I’m not really surprised to see that the majority of people who support this project are non europeans. They don’t understand the significance of football to local communities across Europe nor the history and tradition. For them a big show sounds good which is understandable
I'm indeed cognizant of how Europeans view sports. I just think they are living in an idealized romantic past that resembles more amateur sports (particularly Germans) than a modern entertainment industry. And let's be clear about something; football IS an entertainment industry, like cinema or TV. It is not a religion, even if it attracts that level of attachment, or a political movement or even some embodiment of "community". This is not so much a judgement call, but rather an observation of what things are.

You know that those bold statements are contradicting and actually show how you can't understand what football means for most Europeans. Probably you can't understand why all those EPL fans of teams in ESL were so much against of that movement that they pushed those resigns and the change of scenery (lawsuits helped a bit - I admit).
Knowing how some people view is not agreeing with that view nor believing it is accurate. I know how Europeans understand football, I just think it's hopeless romanticism.
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe