You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Mani wrote:I’m not really surprised to see that the majority of people who support this project are non europeans. They don’t understand the significance of football to local communities across Europe nor the history and tradition. For them a big show sounds good which is understandable
This is very wrong, at least considering the one supporting it on this forum is South American.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lahmies » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think there can be moderate stable growth once the lower hanging fruits (in terms of revenue enhancement) are taken. Don't get me wrong, i don't think club's should all be as irresponsible as Barcelona, but neither should they be as prudish and debt-averse as Bayern.

Someone was discussing the effect of leverage over valuations, mainly emphasizing tax shields. That's all cool and part of the story, but from an economics POV there is something more relevant which is that if you refuse to take debt, you're probably leaving some high return investment opportunities on the table, unexploited because you simply have an irrational hatred of debt.

It's not just Barça taking huge amounts of debt, though. Each of those clubs have considerable amounts of debt, tough some have more than others. Real Madrid, for instance, has been seriously irresponsible with their spending as well. And now all these fucktards are taking a ridiculous risk with no guarantees they'll make all that money back. It's stupid, it's irresponsible and it's toying with football as a sport.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 pm

I think the Amazon statement lends more credibility to the idea that this was meant to be a negotiating bluff that has spiralled out of control for those clubs and put them in an ugly situation.

One would think they’d have concluded all the important contracts before making such a drastic move.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:20 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well they do have a massive untapped pocket if they market to the rest if the world (China and so forth) which was always the idea. It’s a join or die situation and as I’ve said it’s a matter of time until Bayern join. The only reason PSG are not in is because the owners also own the TV rights for the UEFA competition in the Middle East, and they’ll cave in too once it’s more certain that there will be more demand for it than for CL.

The only thing that’s messed up (or rather poorly communicated/marketed) is the lack of promotion-relegation model. They’ll rectify that easily, put that in eventually and make it a decent competition. They’ll know that even an El Clasico every week would get boring. They know or will quickly learn that some competition mixed in is good to follow the money and have a refined model.
Agree. That's something they have to workout. Also, people are overdoing the "it gets bring fast" argument. El Clásico actually happens at least twice per year and it doesn't get boring. It's a huge marketing success and will have a huge audience for as long as both teams remain interesting themselves. A similar concept could emerge in Europe. Bayern vs Madrid is probably the best match possible, in terms of both clubs' history and their recent (5y) form.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well they do have a massive untapped pocket if they market to the rest if the world (China and so forth) which was always the idea. It’s a join or die situation and as I’ve said it’s a matter of time until Bayern join. The only reason PSG are not in is because the owners also own the TV rights for the UEFA competition in the Middle East, and they’ll cave in too once it’s more certain that there will be more demand for it than for CL.

The only thing that’s messed up (or rather poorly communicated/marketed) is the lack of promotion-relegation model. They’ll rectify that easily, put that in eventually and make it a decent competition. They’ll know that even an El Clasico every week would get boring. They know or will quickly learn that some competition mixed in is good to follow the money and have a refined model.

Sure, the likes of Kroenke and the Glazers will definitely rectify that later :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:23 pm

Also whatever happens to fuck UEFA/FIFA?

The future state of this change is the same football as we know it today, just without those corrupt regulators. Maybe we face a short-term split between the two competitions with neither of them having that much meaning which will be very unpleasant, but that’s a pretty small cost to get rid of UEFA/FIFA.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Lahmies wrote:

Sure, the likes of Kroenke and the Glazers will definitely rectify that later :lol: :lol: :lol:

They will follow the money. As I said, they know or will learn very quickly that they can’t keep playing these repetitive matches to follow the money.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lahmies » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think the Amazon statement lends more credibility to the idea that this was meant to be a negotiating bluff that has spiralled out of control for those clubs and put them in an ugly situation.

One would think they’d have concluded all the important contracts before making such a drastic move.

I'm not so sure it was a bluff anymore. They really drafter a contract for this, and each club has already left the ECA. I think it's real, they just didn't count on the public reaction being so strong, now everybody wants to save face.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Lahmies » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:

They will follow the money. As I said, they know or will learn very quickly that they can’t keep playing these repetitive matches to follow the money.

Right... I gotta go meet santa and the easter bunny. ttyl!
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think the Amazon statement lends more credibility to the idea that this was meant to be a negotiating bluff that has spiralled out of control for those clubs and put them in an ugly situation.

Definitely, but Amazon’s one player. The normal TV broadcasters will also want a slice of the cake.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm

Mani wrote:I’m not really surprised to see that the majority of people who support this project are non europeans. They don’t understand the significance of football to local communities across Europe nor the history and tradition. For them a big show sounds good which is understandable
I'm indeed cognizant of how Europeans view sports. I just think they are living in an idealized romantic past that resembles more amateur sports (particularly Germans) than a modern entertainment industry. And let's be clear about something; football IS an entertainment industry, like cinema or TV. It is not a religion, even if it attracts that level of attachment, or a political movement or even some embodiment of "community". This is not so much a judgement call, but rather an observation of what things are.
PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Also whatever happens to fuck UEFA/FIFA?

The future state of this change is the same football as we know it today, just without those corrupt regulators. Maybe we face a short-term split between the two competitions with neither of them having that much meaning which will be very unpleasant, but that’s a pretty small cost to get rid of UEFA/FIFA.
I dislike UEFA as much as anyone but I don’t think it’s possible to have an extensive promotion/relegation system with multiple divisions without a regulating body.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm

... you think super league will be less corrupt with club presidents at the helm? fucking florentino perez? dfkm.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I dislike UEFA as much as anyone but I don’t think it’s possible to have an extensive promotion/relegation system with multiple divisions without a regulating body.

There will be a regulating body, in the form of an association of clubs rather than a “non-profit”. At least Perez and co are honest about chasing money.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Holy shit guys, all I want is to not have club matches interrupted by international breaks anymore so our players don’t get injured. Can’t have that with UEFA and FIFA around.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe