You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:I was first in favor of it however when I saw the tings into more detail I saw the evil behind it.
If the contract has been signed I don't know it can be done to bring them back to their senses...
I was perplexed by the timing of it.. couldn't they waited until the end of the season?
They are barely ready to start it. I doubt they will in August. They seem to be making up stuff as they go along.

That leaves two possibilities:
1) they have no intention of going through with it
2) they really are desperate, to the extent where they’re all going to go bankrupt otherwise

In both cases, fuck them
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I was first in favor of it however when I saw the tings into more detail I saw the evil behind it.
If the contract has been signed I don't know it can be done to bring them back to their senses...
I was perplexed by the timing of it.. couldn't they waited until the end of the season?
They are barely ready to start it. I doubt they will in August. They seem to be making up stuff as they go along.

That leaves two possibilities:
1) they have no intention of going through with it
2) they really are desperate, to the extent where they’re all going to go bankrupt otherwise

In both cases, fuck them

Yeah, and fck them, people were watching football 30 years ago and will keep watching for the next 30 years.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:58 am

They already paid wages they didn’t bring in... Then CoViD struck...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alex.Bayern » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 am

I'm particularly interested in the contractual situation of the players of those breakaway clubs.

I mean aren't there usually clauses for appearances in specific leagues or cups? clauses for champions league qualification? clauses for X number of goals in a specific competition?

If those clubs are expelled form continental competitions, and even worse, from national competitions, what happens to their players' contracts?
Let alone the prospect of playing for their NTs, which is a whole new issue.
Alex.Bayern
First post

Postby calahan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am

I don't understand why people don't discuss the funding more here. JPMorgan, being an investment bank just dumps "a couple of billions" on a sport they don't even call by it's original name is already such a huge red flag that the deal should be cancelled. Why would American investment bank invest on a sport that's not in top-3 in US unless they know there's gonna be or pre-agreed deals made with banks they've invested in or know that their investment to the league will generate profits?

There are rumors of platforms such as Amazon, Disney and Facebook having an agreement with the league. So there will be no competition of tv/streaming rights since US companies have those already, fan merch most likely by Nike and agreement in place etc. etc. I'm pretty sure that this is just an American takeover and driving force behind this is these three English clubs owned by the Americans. Americans are not making as much money as they would have and salaries and transfer fees skyrocketing means something needs to be done. Most likely this has been planned behind the scenes for some years already with streaming services being the standard way of watching in some countries, mobile devices and the dominance of Amazon.

This financial problem would NOT have existed without the dirty dozen. They (and PSG) are the real criminals for the transfer and salary fees. If you look at the Top-50 most expensive transfer by Transfermarkt, 44/50 is made by the dirty dozen. And in the same time Barca and Real have a combined debt amount of over two billion dollars. So the problem why transfer and salary fees started to grow uncontrollably are the US-owners, Chelsea owner and Arab owners. If you throw PSG in the mix, you'd get 48/50 most expensive transfers.

How Perez probably sees this is that we need to make more money so we can make even more expensive transfers to get the best players and fails to see that the direction should the the opposite. And if the superleague teams make more money then every single non-superleague team becomes a feeder team since players are humans and humans are greedy and with the more money in their league, they can outpay any non-superleague team. And he has the nerve that he's doing this for the good of football.

Barca and Real are both bankrupt currently. This is their last straw basically. That's what the US investors saw here. This is their chance. If they can get those in, they will get two of the top-5 names recognized around the world and they'd be solid. Italian clubs are useless but in debt too so easy to get the on board. English clubs were half already on board being US-owned and the few more needed this to make it financially and to be a founder since they might not make it with their performance or would get relegated. Now they get a steady income. I assume ManCity was the only one feeling cornered, gave in and joined since the other big ones will be leaving anyway. They have no financial problems and will not have any. PSG is out only because it's owner has invested heavily on UCL tv-rights AND Qatar World cup is coming. But I would bet anything I have that if this thing flies, they will join the deserterleague at last 2024.

And from the fan's perspective it would be great for the first, maybe the second season too to see the big ones clash week in week out but after that Man United becomes the new Mainz and so on. That league will not have the magic that makes ordinary people watch UCL games. The friend I have that don't like football enjoy UCL somehow anyway.

So my point in all this rambling is that this is most likely a financial coup from the US investors to be able to define all the rules, make all the contracts and own all the rights to anything related to the teams and the league. And this will generate insane amounts of money so that they can easily pay the higher shares for the clubs. Also Americans know how to market things so this league will be marketed the way the world have never seen before to all over the globe. This is the biggest game on the planet and they know but they don't have a share of the income. Now they can dictate everything and grab the money. All they need is dumb presidents in famous clubs in deep debts. And Perez raises his hand.

Thank you.
calahan
First post

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:39 am

Extremely well put
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schwas55 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Bayern_Swede wrote:Perez is a tyrant and should be banned from participating in anything close to european football. He and his likes only cares about money and clearly doesn't understand why the majority of us who supports a football club actually does it. He said in his interview that if young people find football boring, then the matches can be shorter.

The man is ready to kill, butcher and devour the sport of football in order to increase revenue.

This super league is only the first step.

And really, Uefa is to blame that opened the door in the first place, making european football a smorgasbord for quarterly capitalists that doesn't care about the sport or the fans. The slippery slope of this is real. If the super league becomes a reality it's only a matter of time before it's becoming an international league completely disconnected from history, origin and sporting value.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Perez is just the face they simply chose due to his and Real's standing in the European game and specifically the champions league (being the club with most titles), I very much doubt he is the master mind behind this. The backlash would have been 100 times worse if you had the Americans come out and talk about this, that's why they are hiding behind signed written statements.

They are trying to turn this into an American style league where you have franchises that bring in cash year in, year out and can move around when ever, where ever there is a better market.

Maybe this is going too far, but what will stop them few years down the track from saying Manchester or London or Milan dont need 2 clubs and start moving clubs to the middle east, china, NA...etc

While i still want us competing against the best clubs in the world, i hope we stand firm on this.

Hopefully a compromise can be reached but i think both sides have gone too far to be able to back-down without losing face and looking weak.....Interesting times
Schwas55
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Schwas55 wrote:
Bayern_Swede wrote:Perez is a tyrant and should be banned from participating in anything close to european football. He and his likes only cares about money and clearly doesn't understand why the majority of us who supports a football club actually does it. He said in his interview that if young people find football boring, then the matches can be shorter.

The man is ready to kill, butcher and devour the sport of football in order to increase revenue.

This super league is only the first step.

And really, Uefa is to blame that opened the door in the first place, making european football a smorgasbord for quarterly capitalists that doesn't care about the sport or the fans. The slippery slope of this is real. If the super league becomes a reality it's only a matter of time before it's becoming an international league completely disconnected from history, origin and sporting value.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Perez is just the face they simply chose due to his and Real's standing in the European game and specifically the champions league (being the club with most titles), I very much doubt he is the master mind behind this. The backlash would have been 100 times worse if you had the Americans come out and talk about this, that's why they are hiding behind signed written statements.

They are trying to turn this into an American style league where you have franchises that bring in cash year in, year out and can move around when ever, where ever there is a better market.

Maybe this is going too far, but what will stop them few years down the track from saying Manchester or London or Milan dont need 2 clubs and start moving clubs to the middle east, china, NA...etc

While i still want us competing against the best clubs in the world, i hope we stand firm on this.

Hopefully a compromise can be reached but i think both sides have gone too far to be able to back-down without losing face and looking weak.....Interesting times
Well, playing mid-week restricts them... We still have different time zones, for example... Soft factors (being with your family) play a role too, you know?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pittbay » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:32 pm

calahan wrote:I don't understand why people don't discuss the funding more here. JPMorgan, being an investment bank just dumps "a couple of billions" on a sport they don't even call by it's original name is already such a huge red flag that the deal should be cancelled. Why would American investment bank invest on a sport that's not in top-3 in US unless they know there's gonna be or pre-agreed deals made with banks they've invested in or know that their investment to the league will generate profits?

There are rumors of platforms such as Amazon, Disney and Facebook having an agreement with the league. So there will be no competition of tv/streaming rights since US companies have those already, fan merch most likely by Nike and agreement in place etc. etc. I'm pretty sure that this is just an American takeover and driving force behind this is these three English clubs owned by the Americans. Americans are not making as much money as they would have and salaries and transfer fees skyrocketing means something needs to be done. Most likely this has been planned behind the scenes for some years already with streaming services being the standard way of watching in some countries, mobile devices and the dominance of Amazon.

This financial problem would NOT have existed without the dirty dozen. They (and PSG) are the real criminals for the transfer and salary fees. If you look at the Top-50 most expensive transfer by Transfermarkt, 44/50 is made by the dirty dozen. And in the same time Barca and Real have a combined debt amount of over two billion dollars. So the problem why transfer and salary fees started to grow uncontrollably are the US-owners, Chelsea owner and Arab owners. If you throw PSG in the mix, you'd get 48/50 most expensive transfers.

How Perez probably sees this is that we need to make more money so we can make even more expensive transfers to get the best players and fails to see that the direction should the the opposite. And if the superleague teams make more money then every single non-superleague team becomes a feeder team since players are humans and humans are greedy and with the more money in their league, they can outpay any non-superleague team. And he has the nerve that he's doing this for the good of football.

Barca and Real are both bankrupt currently. This is their last straw basically. That's what the US investors saw here. This is their chance. If they can get those in, they will get two of the top-5 names recognized around the world and they'd be solid. Italian clubs are useless but in debt too so easy to get the on board. English clubs were half already on board being US-owned and the few more needed this to make it financially and to be a founder since they might not make it with their performance or would get relegated. Now they get a steady income. I assume ManCity was the only one feeling cornered, gave in and joined since the other big ones will be leaving anyway. They have no financial problems and will not have any. PSG is out only because it's owner has invested heavily on UCL tv-rights AND Qatar World cup is coming. But I would bet anything I have that if this thing flies, they will join the deserterleague at last 2024.

And from the fan's perspective it would be great for the first, maybe the second season too to see the big ones clash week in week out but after that Man United becomes the new Mainz and so on. That league will not have the magic that makes ordinary people watch UCL games. The friend I have that don't like football enjoy UCL somehow anyway.

So my point in all this rambling is that this is most likely a financial coup from the US investors to be able to define all the rules, make all the contracts and own all the rights to anything related to the teams and the league. And this will generate insane amounts of money so that they can easily pay the higher shares for the clubs. Also Americans know how to market things so this league will be marketed the way the world have never seen before to all over the globe. This is the biggest game on the planet and they know but they don't have a share of the income. Now they can dictate everything and grab the money. All they need is dumb presidents in famous clubs in deep debts. And Perez raises his hand.

Thank you.

Absolutely right. Predator American scum like JPM have probably been waiting for the chance to suck up such a massive market for years. Working with clubs owned by their American investment banker friends or state slave holders like the Qataris, Saudis, Emiratis, etc is a great joy to them.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 pm

calahan wrote:I don't understand why people don't discuss the funding more here. JPMorgan, being an investment bank just dumps "a couple of billions" on a sport they don't even call by it's original name is already such a huge red flag that the deal should be cancelled. Why would American investment bank invest on a sport that's not in top-3 in US unless they know there's gonna be or pre-agreed deals made with banks they've invested in or know that their investment to the league will generate profits?

Thank you.

Exactly, here is the... proof!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Italian politicians from all camps are furious ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Il progetto Super League: modello Eurolega, partite più corte e arbitri con microfono [source]

salary caps
shorter games
var
and refs with microphones ... #

#wow so American,,,

I guess that there will also be some fireworks as well every time a goal is scored!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Il progetto Super League: modello Eurolega, partite più corte e arbitri con microfono [source]

salary caps
shorter games
var
and refs with microphones ... #

#wow so American,,,

I guess that there will also be some fireworks as well every time a goal is scored!

You can do that in FIFA 21 (fireworks behind the posts) so I am sure they will do that :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm

leeds players yest...#earnit [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Uefa is also to blame...
UCL could have been done better like for ex ... 4 groups with 6 teams each... top four from each group advance to the the KO stages.

Or

Three groups of 8 teams each... top four advance the rest will be determined by the best teams finishing 5th
Why would that be better? UEFA's reform was exactly the opposite of improvement. More useless games against small teams that have an infinite chance of winning.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe