You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm

#12 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Those 130-160k just as well don’t understand why filthy rich assholes need even more of their hard earned money...

Well the things is, except those ultra's in the Sudkurve, most of them being dads with kids or just a one time stadium visitor, dont care about all that crap and just wanna see a soccer game ;)

Anyway. Saying Bayern should not be reinstated and Porto/BVB should because FCB didnt face an ESL team is just bogus. All three shouldnt be reinstated, but PSG shouldt be handed the trophy either.
Ottomeister87
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Let's face those Frenchies again with a full squad...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dras_l » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:06 pm

This Super League is logical move for richest club in Europe. Funs around world want to watch Real vs Liverpool or Milan vs Arsenal not because they are the best clubs on the world, because they have strong marketing.
I’m happy Bayern is not part of this project; however, it will hurt us in few years. This Super League will have enormous revenue and Arsenal will easily buy our Davies for 200 mil €. I don’t see a way how UEFA could ban those clubs from domestic competition or players from NT. City lawyers alone beat them at Lausanne court, imagine what kind of lawyers they have together. It is sad day for European football.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm

dras_l wrote:This Super League is logical move for richest club in Europe. Funs around world want to watch Real vs Liverpool or Milan vs Arsenal not because they are the best clubs on the world, because they have strong marketing.
I’m happy Bayern is not part of this project; however, it will hurt us in few years. This Super League will have enormous revenue and Arsenal will easily buy our Davies for 200 mil €. I don’t see a way how UEFA could ban those clubs from domestic competition or players from NT. City lawyers alone beat them at Lausanne court, imagine what kind of lawyers they have together. It is sad day for European football.

Unless they gradually lose: top players => fan base => tv rights => revenues, with JPM demanding back the money it granted initially, with the clubs coming back begging UEFA to admit them.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm

dras_l wrote:This Super League is logical move for richest club in Europe. Funs around world want to watch Real vs Liverpool or Milan vs Arsenal not because they are the best clubs on the world, because they have strong marketing.
But you’re missing the essential point. City at the time were part of the UEFA structure and the whole thing was about the legality of financial rules.

Nothing stops UEFA from refusing the membership of this club though, and there is obviously nothing illegal about not letting non-members play.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm

Probably this will not end football ... but uefa and fifa...

They will then organize competitions for other clubs...

Maybe in order to compensate for the too many games they will reduce the domestic leagues from 20 or 18 to 14 ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

The moment oil clubs turn into the people’s clubs. Sensational :lol:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lahmies » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 pm

It's getting more ridiculous by the second.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Probably this will not end football ... but uefa and fifa...

They will then organize competitions for other clubs...

Maybe in order to compensate for the too many games they will reduce the domestic leagues from 20 or 18 to 14 ...
What interest do they have in doing that? It means less money for them. Eliminating the middle man is nice and all but it can only work in a self-contained system with no relegation and promotion.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:24 pm

MihailT wrote:
MUTU wrote:... Are you serious?

I'm serious that the distinction between who to be a part of this "Super" league and who to be left out has surely been made on the basis of budgets, revenue, and fanbase sizes (potentially also viewership and fanbase in Asia, in particular). You can't convince me euroidiots such as Arsenal, Tottenham, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, etc. have any business being considered as "strongest on the continent" by any measure of ECT success in recent years.

The theory that all these clubs have accumulated insurmountable ammounts of debt in recent years also holds more merit in my view than this whole "we wanted the strongest teams in Europe in one league" bullshit.

... And yet our opponents in the next CL have won a total of 1 CL in the last 23 CL editions, providing they don't just award it to PSG this year, in which case it will be 2. How can't you see that the prestige is vastly on ESL's side?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

aterford wrote:@MUTU....

LOL what started by a (half-)joke by me...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:@MUTU....

LOL what started by a (half-)joke by me...

Bring it on, and we may retain Hansi if we win this CL :coffee:
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AvatarX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Very sad days for football IMHO.

I hope all this will be just a bubble for ESL teams and they end up by arranging something like Friendly - Cup - ESL yearly trophy.
Football is a sport for the masses - not for elites and it should stay that way.

I am really curious. What about EPL fans? Are they happy with ESL format? What do they say to their forums (for example ManU or City)?
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MihailT » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:34 pm

MUTU wrote:

... And yet our opponents in the next CL have won a total of 1 CL in the last 23 CL editions, providing they don't just award it to PSG this year, in which case it will be 2. How can't you see that the prestige is vastly on ESL's side?

But that prestige comes solely from Real Madrid and Barcelona, don't you think? What are nobodys like Arsenal, Tottenham and Atletico Madrid doing there? It's got nothing to do with prestige, it's solely about money. If you want prestige - either you pick top teams in current national league standings right now, or you pick historically successful teams in the UCL/CC throughout the years. They've done neither, hence why I can't see "prestige" as their main argument.

Besides, like I said - there's a problem when subjectively limiting the timeframe. Why 23 years exactly? By that standard, if we limit it to the last 1 years, the UCL will include 1 winner, and the ECL - 0. :D
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby BayernSupporter » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:35 pm

I disagree with the people saying its not fair. For one, literally we were missing out on Lewy its like playing against bayern without an arm. If we lost with Lewy I would defo call it not fair, but lets say IF we have to face them again I am all up for it. Its better than giving them the title without playing a match.

Besides, if they beat us the first time, im pretty sure champions can beat us another time right? lol
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe