You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:02 pm

T4L10N wrote:
aterford wrote:
Agreed. Even with those 12 clubs gone, the list of potential 2021/22 UCL clubs looks like a really fun competition to me still. And if it's true that UEFA/FIFA will ban players from competing with their NT and that holds up...you may well see more and more players from these big 12 clubs want to leave to move to a non-ESL club in order to continue representing their country. As I said before...I think people are greatly overestimating how many good players would be willing to kill their NT career just for a potentially bigger wage at their club and playing in more "prestige" matches...

Exactly, I thinkg UEFA holds significant leverage here

... and no matter what those ESL teams do if we win next few CL because of this, I will be more than grateful. Its those clubs problem not ours. I dont remember anyone thinking 86-90 CC was inferior as English teams were banned from there. So if this continues as it stands right now, I prefer us to stay on this decision and win CL titles to catch with RM :coffee:

I don't think so. Just read into the body language of Ceferin and his words. He's bitter and desperate. He knows they lost. He's just trying to get some revenge.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 pm

T4L10N wrote:
aterford wrote:
I mean Real Madrid basically Franco'd their way through a bunch of randos to their first 5 UCL titles or so in the first place, if they can statpad a couple of titles we might as well do the same

Exactly, I want as many CL titles as possible and dont care if other clubs will or wont participate in it.

Good for you. I will never celebrate a CL title as I did last year.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MihailT » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:06 pm

MUTU wrote:... Are you serious?

I'm serious that the distinction between who to be a part of this "Super" league and who to be left out has surely been made on the basis of budgets, revenue, and fanbase sizes (potentially also viewership and fanbase in Asia, in particular). You can't convince me euroidiots such as Arsenal, Tottenham, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, etc. have any business being considered as "strongest on the continent" by any measure of ECT success in recent years.

The theory that all these clubs have accumulated insurmountable ammounts of debt in recent years also holds more merit in my view than this whole "we wanted the strongest teams in Europe in one league" bullshit.
MihailT
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
T4L10N wrote:
aterford wrote:
I mean Real Madrid basically Franco'd their way through a bunch of randos to their first 5 UCL titles or so in the first place, if they can statpad a couple of titles we might as well do the same

Exactly, I want as many CL titles as possible and dont care if other clubs will or wont participate in it.

Good for you. I will never celebrate a CL title as I did last year.

I celebrated 3 CL titles and I will celebrate 4th one with no problem. And dont forget that we were heavily damaged by referees in several CL campaigns. We should have around 7-8 CL titles at minimum for now so, yes I will celebrate even if we get back to this year's CL and somehow manage to win.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Lahmies » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:13 pm

MUTU wrote:I don't think so. Just read into the body language of Ceferin and his words. He's bitter and desperate. He knows they lost. He's just trying to get some revenge.

I understand, who wouldnt be in his place? The thing is they can issue bans for ESL clubs, players, coaches and they just have support of the most of the fans, federations, clubs so yeah I think UEFA has strong leverage for now. All they have to do is push it till the end. No negotiations with terrorists and they win in that case I think.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Very well said. I firmly believe this is the key to it all.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 pm

God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:35 pm

fcnrz wrote:Kuddos to us but on the other hand i dont understand why are we sticking with uefa. A corrupted organization who were pushing barca and real year after year f ucking us in the process. An organization who did nothing against psg city and co who spent money they didnt had or against barca real atletico who are over 500 plus mil in depth.
Scheduling NT games just for the greed for money when there is corona
Plus fifa another corrupted organization getting bribes for voting WC hosts etc.

I despise peres agnelli and co but lets not pretend uefa are saints in all of this

you can imagine they wont anymore, this was played wisely by Bayern
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:44 pm

aterford wrote:@MUTU....

Can't see tweet? Click here!
How do we feel about this?

Obviously I wish it happens but we don’t deserve it. I would just give the trophy to PSG, but if not, it should be PSG straight to the final and Dortmund and Porto playing a semi final. We did not face a disqualified team and PSG beat us fairly.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aaaaaa » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Perez just said that if this happens they will organize their own World Cup...

And who will play? There are 6 English clubs and I doubt they have 11 English players between them.

this reminds me of the hockey story, NHL didnt allow player to go to olympic games and they organized a so called world cup instead, it was a total disaster
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Obviously I wish it happens but we don’t deserve it. I would just give the trophy to PSG, but if not, it should be PSG straight to the final and Dortmund and Porto playing a semi final. We did not face a disqualified team and PSG beat us fairly.

You are right but only partially, PSG deserved SF spot fair and square, but they havent earned the final yet. so its either you directly give the title to them or just continue from 1/2 where BVB, Porto and us compete with PSG. As for deserving the title, we have seen many undeserving champions but they still celebrated as if they earned it on the pitch.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:54 pm

Oh don’t get me wrong, I would certainly celebrate it and I hope we do get reinstated, I just don’t think it’s fair.

PSG going directly to the final would mean they got one free win just like Porto and BVB. The latter two simply used it already in the QF.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Honestly I have mixed feelings. It's not like the remaining teams were kicked out for being "Cheaters" or anything like that, so Porto and Dortmund were fairly/legitimately eliminated, too - in that sense all of the potential 'replacement' teams were eliminated in an equally fair manner (and really, one could say that we were the only one out on away goals, so that's something, but no matter...)

I don't think it would be "fair" to PSG to make them have to re-play Bayern for sure, and I don't think it would be so fair for them to have to face Porto or Dortmund as "second chance" teams, either.

But at the same time I'm not sure just handing PSG the title would really be "fair" either. They wouldn't have won it by their own virtue or merit but rather because the away-goals rule made it so they happened to be the last one standing after the other three contestants were out. And if we are being honest, I think almost everyone would have said PSG were not favorites to win it all still. IF they had been prohibitive favorites maybe it would be a different conversation.

Of course UEFA won't want to abandon those matches entirely either as that's a big loss of money for them.

Still PSG should probably receive some kind of "award" for being the last one left. I would say, maybe give them a spot in the final. Then you could perhaps have Bayern/Dortmund/Porto play a little round-robin mini tournament or something to determine the other final spot. Or, alternatively, consider adding a couple other teams back into the mix as well, re-draw, and go from there. Maybe just like 8 teams total or something, I don't know. Just spitballing.

I suspect the most likely outcome - in the event that Bayern, Dortmund, and Porto are re-added to the competition - is that they will just re-draw for semifinals and allow the tournament to proceed as usual (or, as usual as possible, circumstances considered)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Oh don’t get me wrong, I would certainly celebrate it and I hope we do get reinstated, I just don’t think it’s fair.

PSG going directly to the final would mean they got one free win just like Porto and BVB. The latter two simply used it already in the QF.

Yeah I see, just when I look back @ 1/4 vs RM when Kaszai was the referee, it was so undeserved loss (after Chelsea - Barca 09) that I think its fair if we are given the second chance now. Dont forget Denmark 92 when they won EC even though Yugoslavia was disqualified and that helped them to participate in Euro 92 (as far as I remember). I dont think anyone calls their championship "undeserved"
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe