You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 am

Sure, but regardless, the games will be better than what we get now domestically.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 am

I genuinely do not think so. It is only a matter of time until an elite is established even among them. I don’t foresee a situation where Arsenal can finish last in one season and win it the next, for example.

Our last encounters with a third of those teams (Chelsea, Barca, Tottenham, and Arsenal) were hardly better than the average Bundesliga game. In fact we beat them more easily than most domestic games. The only reason we still talk about those and not about a 5-0 vs Dortmund in the league is precisely the magic of the CL.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 am

IsiahRashad wrote:But surprise of the day goes to PSG for not committing to it either. Didn’t see that coming, so I must say that they gained some of my respect.

LOL, PSG's owners have the upcoming World Cup.
Did you forgot who the owners of PSG are?

Pure business decision so far. They will join as soon is safe for the national teams (and the players who will play in ESL clubs) to take part in the WC.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 am

This ESL project is a blasphemy to all the leagues and traditions of football. Death sentence for our beloved domestic leagues. I enjoy watching domestic leagues of any top 5 competition.

The fans should protest against this sh!t and stand by UEFA/FIFA.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 am

Welcome to Bayern! Hahahaha.

Anyway, there is strong opposition to that idea, most of which is coming from the fans of these 12 teams.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:23 am

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 am

As far as I despise UEFA with its corrupt system and refs spoiling the games, I am glad we stood on the "right" side.

I am wondering what happens if those team dont back off, while UEFA/FIFA ban them from domestic leagues and respective NT tournaments. Will the best players leave those clubs to have chance of representing NT on WC/EC or continue to play for those ESL clubs for more money?
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 am

I fear even though we stood by UEFA, those ESL team will be granted their wish while we end up with nothing in this case.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:52 am

I was going to say this... a big bluff
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:00 am

zozon wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:But surprise of the day goes to PSG for not committing to it either. Didn’t see that coming, so I must say that they gained some of my respect.

LOL, PSG's owners have the upcoming World Cup.
Did you forgot who the owners of PSG are?

Pure business decision so far. They will join as soon is safe for the national teams (and the players who will play in ESL clubs) to take part in the WC.

Good point.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:01 am

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:02 am

T4L10N wrote:

I fear even though we stood by UEFA, those ESL team will be granted their wish while we end up with nothing in this case.

No way would UEFA punish us for staying by their side.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:03 am

Now, UEFA should ban RM, Chelsea and City from this year's CL campaign and grant remaining places to us, BVB and Porto in 1/2 :D
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am

Even if they exclude City, Chelski and RM from the CL now, just handing the trophy to PSG wouldnt be right either. Then i would postpone the rest of the complete event or make a KO round with the other 1/8 finalists that got eliminated who arent going with the SL ( yeah it wont be that many i know )

But the fans wont be able to do jack shit with it. Even if like the Bayern ultras would say, if Bayern would partake, we wont be in the stadium anymore bla bla bla. Its like what? A couple 1000 in the Sudkurve? Bayern has like 130k to 160k + inquiries for their home games. Those ultra's will just be replaced and that would suit KHR and Uli even better. So no, the fans wont be able to have any influence on the decision.

If this comes to fruition, the domestic leagues are doomed completely. No big stars anymore being able to be bought because of high price and enormous wages etc.

And IF i have to choose about facing Real every year 3 times or just seeing them play in the bundesliga. Then the bundesliga it is. CL always had this flair about facing top opponents ( though in the last 1o years we've played an awful lot against PSG, Atletico, Barca etc )
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 am

MUTU wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

No way would UEFA punish us for staying by their side.

Its not about punishing us. They would just grant them their wish, while we ask for nothing in this case.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe