You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:05 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I'm so confused. Word is (was) that we and Juventus were the main proponents originally since the idea started, so why aren't we in it?

I reckon we're distancing ourselves from this for now and only join in at the right time. It's inevitable.
I remember those two clubs being against it actually, though Juve fans have said otherwise.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/1qjhvggqg8e ... per-league
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:47 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

UEFA official release:

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.
As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

Man, they bodied this.
No DFL?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm

I think it’s because those were the ones with clubs involved?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:01 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

UEFA official release:

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.
As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

Man, they bodied this.
No DFL?

Bundesliga teams unanimously refused to join
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Wow...
Imo the only thing that it is going to stop this from happening is the fact that players won't be able to represent their country...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think it’s because those were the ones with clubs involved?
Ah, makes sense
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Wow...
Imo the only thing that it is going to stop this from happening is the fact that players won't be able to represent their country...
That wouldn't stop this. If anything, FIFA would have to give in and bend the knee, or would disappear. Club football is much bigger and more important than NTs.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Far be it from me to try and take UEFA's side (scum organization) but at the same time it would be a truly great power move if they expanded on their statement with something like (Bold added)

"If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever. In order to demonstrate the gravity of the situation, we are hereby announcing that all remaining "Super League" clubs are disqualified from European competition for the 2020-21 season, effective immediately. Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Manchester City will vacate their positions in the UEFA Champions League, and the UCL title will thereby be awarded by default to PSG. Manchester United and Arsenal will also vacate their positions in the UEFA Europa League, and the final will be played between Villareal and Roma, in lieu of the previously-scheduled semifinal. Furthermore, all twelve proposed "Super League" clubs are banned from all UEFA club competitions for the 2021/2022 season.
As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams. As such, a one-time free-transfer provision will be afforded to players on these Super-League clubs to allow them to move to a non-Super League club of their choosing, so as to be allowed to remain in UEFA competitions and to continue to be allowed to represent their countries in European competitions. "

Like I said, wouldn't ever typically see myself taking the side of UEFA on many things, but I would love to see them just go totally scorched earth in this situation.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:22 pm

aterford wrote:Far be it from me to try and take UEFA's side (scum organization) but at the same time it would be a truly great power move if they expanded on their statement with something like (Bold added)

"If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever. In order to demonstrate the gravity of the situation, we are hereby announcing that all remaining "Super League" clubs are disqualified from European competition for the 2020-21 season, effective immediately. Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Manchester City will vacate their positions in the UEFA Champions League, and the UCL title will thereby be awarded by default to PSG. Manchester United and Arsenal will also vacate their positions in the UEFA Europa League, and the final will be played between Villareal and Roma, in lieu of the previously-scheduled semifinal. Furthermore, all twelve proposed "Super League" clubs are banned from all UEFA club competitions for the 2021/2022 season.
As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams. As such, a one-time free-transfer provision will be afforded to players on these Super-League clubs to allow them to move to a non-Super League club of their choosing, so as to be allowed to remain in UEFA competitions and to continue to be allowed to represent their countries in European competitions. "

Like I said, wouldn't ever typically see myself taking the side of UEFA on many things, but I would love to see them just go totally scorched earth in this situation.

That would be awesome. Would really show those bastards.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:24 pm

You know what's funny? UEFA just announced their new CL model to appease these clubs, and they still did it.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 pm

Lahmies wrote:You know what's funny? UEFA just announced their new CL model to appease these clubs, and they still did it.

Which sucks too, tbh, hopefully they will now scrap it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Aaaah this makes more sense.

I was still confused by the general negative sentiment on this today. Public opinion aside, I've always been under the impression that all the big clubs want this sort of thing, or at least a significant change to the Champions League, so was definitely surprised to see this being condemned by pretty much all sides.

So my feeling is the general concensus through the ECA, which we're a big part of, still probably want to have some form of super league, but want to do it the "right way" through UEFA lobbying, whilst these 12 clubs are suddenly going their way as a collection of individuals rather than being supported by any body or association.

The European Clubs' Association (ECA), which represents Europe's clubs, held an emergency meeting on Sunday in the wake of the reports.

BBC Sport understands none of the clubs mentioned in the Super League reports responded to a request to attend the meeting.

The meeting was chaired by Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar. Bayern Munich and Paris St-Germain were among the clubs who were present.

In a statement the ECA said it would be "strongly opposed" to a "closed super league model".

It has pushed plans for a 36-team Champions League, which Uefa had hoped would head off the formation of a Super League. The Champions League reforms are set to be confirmed on Monday. [source]
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 pm

aterford wrote:Far be it from me to try and take UEFA's side (scum organization) but at the same time it would be a truly great power move if they expanded on their statement with something like (Bold added)

So we were one good pass from Sane away from being Europa Mesiter zwei mal in folge!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 pm

I never thought I would say this but Gary Neville is spot on.

Those clubs (their owners) are thinking just about filling their pockets. It has nothing to do with making football better or more interesting.
They want to make sure they get hundreds of millions every year without even competing for it. Which means less investing and more money for the owners. It would destroy football as we know it. It would kill all mid-table clubs, not to mention smaller clubs.

I am so happy that our club is not a part of it (for now). And even if they try to get in I doubt that the fans would approve of something like that.

There is really nothing wrong with the current CL model. and if it is it can still be changed. Whole league is competitive mostly because everyone is fighting to get into those top 5-6 spots that lead to CL and EL so they could earn some extra money and compete with best teams in Europe. Imagine taking that away from the likes of Leverkusen, Schalke, Leipzig etc...why would they even try? why would they invest money?
If super league happens that means CL and EL would lose most of its money and all those clubs would just become feeder clubs for the elite in Super league. Something like the NBA is feeding of college basketball and european league. I know that now is not ideal but at least smaller clubs get some money.

The biggest difference of CL and Super league is that big clubs have to work hard to get into those competitions and smaller clubs have a fighting chance of getting in which makes everything more interesting. if you take that away it just kills the game.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe