You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:11 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan & Juventus

Almost all teams whose asses us and PSG would kick easily. Nice "Super" league. Mind you, not complaining, the idea is only good for making money, no fan would like it and I'd much rather continue as we have been doing.
Why wouldn't people like it? Would you rather play Mainz and Bielefeld week in week out? A European Superleague is probably Bayern's only hope to stay on top of the English big teams in the long term. BuLi just simply does not generate enough income to compete. The alternative is becoming ajax.

The last decade has been one of excessive concentration of power in a few teams. Bayern, Juventus and PSG have essentially a monopoly on their respective leagues. They may lose once or twice a decade but that is not enough. The current model is unsustainable for everyone other than England and Spain.

I'd rather Bayern becomes ajax than completely sell our soul. This is taking a shit on fan's faces, on tradition, on competition, and on national leagues. If Bayern joined I would stop supporting this club.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:23 pm

P$G just used their minds...
They did not want to show their cards just yet.
They want to wrap this year's ucl edition first

P.S
In this turmoil uefa should regard this season edition as null ... or better still suspend the other teams and make a final between bayern and psg
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Lahmies wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan & Juventus

Almost all teams whose asses us and PSG would kick easily. Nice "Super" league. Mind you, not complaining, the idea is only good for making money, no fan would like it and I'd much rather continue as we have been doing.
Why wouldn't people like it? Would you rather play Mainz and Bielefeld week in week out? A European Superleague is probably Bayern's only hope to stay on top of the English big teams in the long term. BuLi just simply does not generate enough income to compete. The alternative is becoming ajax.

The last decade has been one of excessive concentration of power in a few teams. Bayern, Juventus and PSG have essentially a monopoly on their respective leagues. They may lose once or twice a decade but that is not enough. The current model is unsustainable for everyone other than England and Spain.

I'd rather Bayern becomes ajax than completely sell our soul. This is taking a shit on fan's faces, on tradition, on competition, and on national leagues. If Bayern joined I would stop supporting this club.
Competition? What competition? Bayern is going to continue winning the BuLi for the next decade. Probably 9/10 years. This is not a competition any more and it's an structural mode.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:38 pm

European Super League details:

Chairman: Florentino Perez [Real Madrid]
Vice-Chairman: Stan Kroenke [Arsenal]
Vice-Chairman: Andrea Agnelli [Juventus]
Vice-Chairman: John W. Henry [Liverpool]
Vice-Chairman: Joel Glazer [Manchester United]
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:40 pm

Ok man, I can see football heritage means nothing to you and you would rather watch meaningless entertainment, so go ahead. Your choice. Some of us actually care about more that.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 pm

Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm

All this so the likes Arsenal and Man Utd can make more money and never worry about missing out on european competition again. No relegation either! That's some great 'competition' right there! Now a handful of already rich people can make even more money! =D>
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Pittbay » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:20 pm

Lahmies wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Pittbay wrote:It’s a lame marketing gimmick, but one that I definitely could stick. With football being in a state of such extreme concentration of wealth and talent among a few clubs, further monopolization towards a Super League seems like a natural development.

Seems very grim to me.
It’s kind of like the NBA, I guess. But at least they still have a KO.

Meh, I don't see it. In format, maybe? You could also say they're like a national CL, but it's just very different, it's a national league with playoffs to decide the winners.
People keep comparing this super league with american sports, but I actually appreciate the NBA for how 'equitable' their model is. You get players through the draft, through trades or through free agency. You don't just throw money around and buy whoever you want. Building super teams like the Golden State Warriors a few years ago is difficult and rare, which makes the competition much more interesting.
This super league shit is something never seen before. The big teams just decided to say 'fuck you' to their respective competitions to make more money.

I agree with you, this is another level of concentration that you wouldn't find in American sports, except perhaps in the MLB. Somehow in America we managed to care enough about competitive balance and fairness in sport that we've instituted rules like favorable draft positions for the worst teams, maximum wages, and team salary caps, which I do quite like and make it possible for smaller cities to have competitive teams.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm

This is how he thanks UEFA for gifting him all those trophies...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:04 pm

I'm so confused. Word is (was) that we and Juventus were the main proponents originally since the idea started, so why aren't we in it?

I reckon we're distancing ourselves from this for now and only join in at the right time. It's inevitable.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I'm so confused. Word is (was) that we and Juventus were the main proponents originally since the idea started, so why aren't we in it?

I reckon we're distancing ourselves from this for now and only join in at the right time. It's inevitable.

Really? I don't remember that. I thought it was Liverpool and Man Utd when the rumours first started, but now reports are saying Real Madrid and Man Utd were the leaders. Bayern, PSG and BVB were invited but declined.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

UEFA official release:

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.
As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

Man, they bodied this.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I'm so confused. Word is (was) that we and Juventus were the main proponents originally since the idea started, so why aren't we in it?

I remember those two clubs being against it actually, though Juve fans have said otherwise.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe