You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan & Juventus

Almost all teams whose asses us and PSG would kick easily. Nice "Super" league. Mind you, not complaining, the idea is only good for making money, no fan would like it and I'd much rather continue as we have been doing.
I like it

Makes one of you. :lol:

What's so nice about it? You eliminate the fun and diversity of the domestic/international competition distinction, you eliminate the fun of playing different teams every season, you eliminate the attractiveness of the random draw, you eliminate the fun of KO games. Do you think games which we now call "big" will remain as exciting when they're happening 3 times a year, probably often with no real point (a mid-table clash)?

The Super League will not be nearly anywhere as fun to watch as the CL imho and to make it all worse it will also fuck up the CL for the rest of us.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

PSG got my respect for this. Glad Bayern isn't involved in this mess. Greed is killing this sport.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:09 pm

I
Lahmies wrote:PSG got my respect for this. Glad Bayern isn't involved in this mess. Greed is killing this sport.

I agree, but as far as PSG goes, I wouldn't give them my respect just yet. I hope that reason is true, but also:
"Its president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, sits on the UEFA board and also heads beIN Media Group, the Qatar-based television network that has paid millions of dollars to UEFA for the right to broadcast Champions League games."
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Anyway, since PSG are the only CL semi finalist not supporting this BS: go PSG!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm

It’s a lame marketing gimmick, but one that I definitely could stick. With football being in a state of such extreme concentration of wealth and talent among a few clubs, further monopolization towards a Super League seems like a natural development.

Seems very grim to me.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I
Lahmies wrote:PSG got my respect for this. Glad Bayern isn't involved in this mess. Greed is killing this sport.

I agree, but as far as PSG goes, I wouldn't give them my respect just yet. I hope that reason is true, but also:
"Its president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, sits on the UEFA board and also heads beIN Media Group, the Qatar-based television network that has paid millions of dollars to UEFA for the right to broadcast Champions League games."

Thanks for the info, i didn't know that. It really is all about money these days. :?
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Man Utd
Liverpool
Man C
Arsenal
Chelsea
Inter
Juve
Milan
Bayern
Dortmund
Monchengladbach
Ajax
PSV
Celtic
Rangers
Dynamo Kiev
Olympiakos
Panatinaikos
Bucharest St
Zenit
CSKA Moscow
Galatasaray
Fenerbache
PSG
Lyon
O.Marseille
Benfica
Sporting
Porto
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Pittbay wrote:It’s a lame marketing gimmick, but one that I definitely could stick. With football being in a state of such extreme concentration of wealth and talent among a few clubs, further monopolization towards a Super League seems like a natural development.

Seems very grim to me.
It’s kind of like the NBA, I guess. But at least they still have a KO.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good news. Take out the cancer.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Pittbay wrote:It’s a lame marketing gimmick, but one that I definitely could stick. With football being in a state of such extreme concentration of wealth and talent among a few clubs, further monopolization towards a Super League seems like a natural development.

Seems very grim to me.
It’s kind of like the NBA, I guess. But at least they still have a KO.

Meh, I don't see it. In format, maybe? You could also say they're like a national CL, but it's just very different, it's a national league with playoffs to decide the winners.
People keep comparing this super league with american sports, but I actually appreciate the NBA for how 'equitable' their model is. You get players through the draft, through trades or through free agency. You don't just throw money around and buy whoever you want. Building super teams like the Golden State Warriors a few years ago is difficult and rare, which makes the competition much more interesting.
This super league shit is something never seen before. The big teams just decided to say 'fuck you' to their respective competitions to make more money.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 pm

It is a lost war for uefa.
It is a matter of time
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm

You know, between the new CL format and this super league shit, it's looking bad for the sport regardless.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan & Juventus

Almost all teams whose asses us and PSG would kick easily. Nice "Super" league. Mind you, not complaining, the idea is only good for making money, no fan would like it and I'd much rather continue as we have been doing.
Why wouldn't people like it? Would you rather play Mainz and Bielefeld week in week out? A European Superleague is probably Bayern's only hope to stay on top of the English big teams in the long term. BuLi just simply does not generate enough income to compete. The alternative is becoming ajax.

The last decade has been one of excessive concentration of power in a few teams. Bayern, Juventus and PSG have essentially a monopoly on their respective leagues. They may lose once or twice a decade but that is not enough. The current model is unsustainable for everyone other than England and Spain.
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Lahmies wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Good news. Take out the cancer.
That news only makes the proposal even better. If Bayern were in the European Superleague, we wouldn't have lost Lewandowski to a retarded friendly against Andorra. Full thumbs up to a European Superleague
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Why wouldn't people like it? Would you rather play Mainz and Bielefeld week in week out? A European Superleague is probably Bayern's only hope to stay on top of the English big teams in the long term. BuLi just simply does not generate enough income to compete. The alternative is becoming ajax.

I wouldn't if we were ONLY playing those teams. But we're not. We're still facing the best teams regularly in the CL.

Yes, I'd prefer that diversity over playing the same 11 teams every year. Especially when they're there by invitation not by merit, although the CL is somewhat heading that way too.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe