You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:11 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:10 am

Saw an interesting proposition regarding the 5-subs rule earlier today - make it so you can have a total of 5 subs, but 2 of them must be U23 players. Thoughts? Not sure the best way to implement it, but I don't hate the idea.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:43 am

aterford wrote:Saw an interesting proposition regarding the 5-subs rule earlier today - make it so you can have a total of 5 subs, but 2 of them must be U23 players. Thoughts? Not sure the best way to implement it, but I don't hate the idea.

That's... different. Don't have an opinion either.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:12 am

I like the 5 sub thing a lot and hope it remains precisely because it increases chances for young players. I’m all for that decision but it should be accompanied by an increase in bench space in some competitions.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:07 pm

aterford wrote:Saw an interesting proposition regarding the 5-subs rule earlier today - make it so you can have a total of 5 subs, but 2 of them must be U23 players. Thoughts? Not sure the best way to implement it, but I don't hate the idea.

At first that sounds kinda nice, then it seems a bit arbitrary, then you remember Mbappé is 21 :lol:
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

At first that sounds kinda nice, then it seems a bit arbitrary, then you remember Mbappé is 21 :lol:
...and that we cannot fill our bench even with u23s...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:45 am

Unpopular Opinion: I won’t be too disappointed if PSG or Manchester City win the European Cup someday (as long as it is not Bayern who is the losing finalist)

Why? Because I like the services of Qatar airways and Etihad airways. I think these two companies give some of the best value for money flight experience and offer a great in flight experience and have very good customer service whenever I have travelled with either of those two.

Plus Bayern too makes money from partnerships with Audi, Adidas, Allianz and recently Qatar airways too.

Yes it’s perhaps true that a lot of Human rights violations occur in these nations (as they do in most Middle Eastern countries I presume) but having a purely financial relationship with these businesses is not the end of the world.

The only thing I loathe these clubs for (especially PSG) is because of the hyper inflation that they have brought about in the Transfer market, although clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester United were already guilty of doing the same (with their purchases of Bale and Pogba respectively)

Also please watch the last two minutes of this video:
Julien Laurens says something pretty relevant IMO.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:55 am

man that's a terrible take. that's like saying Kim Jong Un should be president of the world because I like Korean food.

morally you can't seperate the club from those who finance it. the teams function simply as a vehicle to whitewash their reputations...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:54 am

Guess you’re right. However Kim jong Un ruling the world is far more egregious than PSG winning a sports competition I think.

Anyway my point was so long as Bayern (and possibly Arsenal because I have a soft spot for them) are not the losing finalists against either PSG/Man City, I won’t be losing any sleep over the fact that they won the European Cup.

———

Honestly though I’ll be OKAY with the following teams winning the UCL ahead of Bayern:
1. Juventus (they can have one, IMO like Bayern they too have been seriously unlucky against Spanish teams on a few occasions)
2. Ajax (an iconic club, won’t be too bothered if they win another UCL and equal Barcelona)
3. Dortmund (a fellow Bundesliga club and them winning would bring prestige to the league and also have the effect of galvanizing our players to work harder)
4. A miraculous first time winner (someone like Arsenal, Schalke, Lyon or Napoli)
5. Benfica or Porto somehow winning with a generational team and equaling Internazionale/Man Utd
6. A Cinderella story of some club from Croatia, Serbia, Poland, Greece, Russia, etc. winning it against all odds
7. New money clubs like Liepzig, Hoffenheim, etc.
8. PSG/Citeh
9. Real Madrid (they are already ahead of us and I’m kinda desensitized to it. I honestly don’t see Bayern reaching close to Madrid even in the next 2 decades)
10. Liverpool (wouldn’t be too bothered if they equal Milan and stay that way)

Clubs that I NEVER EVER want to see win the European Cup again: AC Milan, Internazionale, Barcelona and Manchester United.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:42 pm

nm462272 wrote:man that's a terrible take. that's like saying Kim Jong Un should be president of the world because I like Korean food.

morally you can't seperate the club from those who finance it. the teams function simply as a vehicle to whitewash their reputations...
There were some commentators in English-language media that were equating our Qatar Airways sponsorship to Qatar Saint-Germain's ownership, and saying it would be a triumph for Qatar whoever won. Bayern needs to move away from that ill-conceived deal.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby nm462272 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:45 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
nm462272 wrote:man that's a terrible take. that's like saying Kim Jong Un should be president of the world because I like Korean food.

There were some commentators in English-language media that were equating our Qatar Airways sponsorship to Qatar Saint-Germain's ownership, and saying it would be a triumph for Qatar whoever won. Bayern needs to move away from that ill-conceived deal.

agree 100%. its a disgrace, frankly. Bayern can easily make up that deal (about 10 million/year i believe) with any one of a number of other companies. its also my personal belief that the management board regret the optics of the deal and will be a bit relieved to walk away when its over.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Probably. Little money for the amount of sh!t they got from the fans and media alike.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:23 pm

It’s not like we had a bad deal with Lufthansa AT ALL btw... We still need them to fly us often... And no sportswashing involved...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe