You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Europa League Discussion

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Re: 2020/21 Europa League Discussion

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm

1855 CET Manchester United v AC Milan
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:15 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:If you truly believe that the motivation in a match like Bielefeld is in any way comparable to the knockout stages of a European competition, you should follow some other sport. The moment we get eliminated in Europe by a team of Bielefeld's level, I will likely agree with you. But so far the last team to eliminate us from the CL was Liverpool almost exactly 2 years ago. The last time we were eliminated by a team that did not end up winning the CL was in 2016. The last time we were eliminated by a team that did not at least make the CL final was in 2011, 10 years ago.
So? We didn’t win EL the one time we took part, we got thrashed by European giants St. Petersburg! Why do you expect this motivation from them?

That was so long ago it wasn't even called the Europa League but the UEFA Cup and we still lost to the eventual champions, which a few months later also won the UEFA Super Cup against CL winners Manchester United.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:If you truly believe that the motivation in a match like Bielefeld is in any way comparable to the knockout stages of a European competition, you should follow some other sport. The moment we get eliminated in Europe by a team of Bielefeld's level, I will likely agree with you. But so far the last team to eliminate us from the CL was Liverpool almost exactly 2 years ago. The last time we were eliminated by a team that did not end up winning the CL was in 2016. The last time we were eliminated by a team that did not at least make the CL final was in 2011, 10 years ago.
So? We didn’t win EL the one time we took part, we got thrashed by European giants St. Petersburg! Why do you expect this motivation from them?

That was so long ago it wasn't even called the Europa League but the UEFA Cup and we still lost to the eventual champions, which a few months later also won the UEFA Super Cup against CL winners Manchester United.
The fact remains it was a motivational issue and you know full well the SuperCup is surprisingly often won by EL winners
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Often? Since Zenit only Atletico managed to win the Super Cup against a CL winner. Zenit were good that season. And we still lost to the finalists. It's not like we're constantly getting eliminated by random teams but only by the most in-form clubs.

Not the same thing as against random Bundesliga clubs. When it's the CL, only a team in top form can eliminate us.

As I said it's been since 2011 since we were eliminated by a club that didn't reach the final. And we're talking about a club that had won the treble and were world champions on top of that, not at all comparable to a Bielefeld level club.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm

MUTU wrote:Often? Since Zenit only Atletico managed to win the Super Cup against a CL winner. Zenit were good that season. And we still lost to the finalists. It's not like we're constantly getting eliminated by random teams but only by the most in-form clubs.

Not the same thing as against random Bundesliga clubs. When it's the CL, only a team in top form can eliminate us.

As I said it's been since 2011 since we were eliminated by a club that didn't reach the final. And we're talking about a club that had won the treble and were world champions on top of that, not at all comparable to a Bielefeld level club.
You fail to get the point:

It’s that Leverkusen are just as motivated to beat some random club like we are to beat Bielefeld... Not like EL gives you much exposure anyways... Unless you win it, which is, let’s face it, unrealistic...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:55 pm

I'm answering to your assertion about "It‘s just a little hypocritical to call EL participants trash and say "but the snow" for Bielefeld..."

To me this sounds like you're saying we would struggle to win the EL because we didn't beat Bielefeld.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm answering to your assertion about "It‘s just a little hypocritical to call EL participants trash and say "but the snow" for Bielefeld..."

To me this sounds like you're saying we would struggle to win the EL because we didn't beat Bielefeld.
No, I mean people excuse us losing to Bielefeld with all sorts of BS while expecting Leverkusen to be on top of their game against a team of not much higher prestige... Probably a better team though that punishes arrogance even more, hence the exit...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:05 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I'm answering to your assertion about "It‘s just a little hypocritical to call EL participants trash and say "but the snow" for Bielefeld..."

No, I mean people excuse us losing to Bielefeld with all sorts of BS while expecting Leverkusen to be on top of their game against a team of not much higher prestige... Probably a better team though that punishes arrogance even more, hence the exit...

But I expect Leverkusen to treat an Europa League match with more importance than a Bundesliga match. Don't they?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

But I expect Leverkusen to treat an Europa League match with more importance than a Bundesliga match. Don't they?
I think they’re shit too, really do (albeit slightly less so than Bielefeld), but I really think they don’t... Actually, it‘s kond of a "running gag" among German fans, pundits and operatives that EL is not take seriously by our teams... And that Frankfurt two seasons ago was the only one...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:20 pm

What a match by Mislav Oršić and Dinamo Zagreb!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 pm

We are looking for a 4th winger. Mislav Oršić is the guy we are looking for. 8)

Fantastic Dinamo Zagreb tongiht and it's not a miracle anymore because they know how to play football and they no longer have complexes like it was the case before 2018/2019.

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Such an amazing night for Dinamo Zagreb, what kind of spirit, they couldn't run at the end, Dominik Livaković and Oršić are heroes, i can't believe this is actualy reality

Poslano sa mog ART-L29 koristeći Tapatalk
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 pm

One of the best Dinamo performances I've ever seen in my life. What a match! 2 years ago they were so unlucky against Benfica in the 1/8 final, but now it has returned and they are in the next round. :)

DiegoForlan, čestitke vama dinamovcima! :cheers: :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:29 pm

Jose Mourinho...

Why? Porche? Perche?-
-

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:11 am

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League