You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 UEFA Europa League discussion thread

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Re: 2018/19 UEFA Europa League discussion thread

Postby Lukas » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote: they all hate bayern.... I hate them back

I refuse. It's their problem if they want to hate us but I support them for the reputation of German football. Lord knows why as they're just dragging it further into the dirt :twisted:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:39 am

[quote="Fénix"]To be on topic: Bjelica coached Lech Poznań before, where Robert Lewandowski played and top-scored before move to Dortmund =P~.
r10
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Yes, I know. After all, I'm from his hometown and first club where he made his first football steps, heheh. :D

Osijek ultras followed his coaching career last couple of years, weekly situation and results from Austria and Poland. They thought he would come back like some white knight on a horse, :D takeover Osijek and lead him to glory and first Croatian championship, however, everything changed last year when he finally got the opportunity to lead Dinamo Zagreb and in Osijek ultras were furious and mad, crossed him forever. They made him a club legend, they took him away that status.
But well, he doesn't care too much about that. None of these Osijek-born big Croatian football legends ever returned to their hometown to live or work as coaches, they all live in Zagreb or on the Adriatic coast and abroad. Slavonia region has always been treated like a province and some continental, rural, lowland shithole in the rest of Croatia.

All in all, Nenad could be easily our next national team coach.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby klinsmann » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Eintracht vs Inter in round of 16. Easily one of the most intriguing tie.
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:31 pm

klinsmann wrote:Eintracht vs Inter in round of 16. Easily one of the most intriguing tie.

Difficult for Frankfurt, especially given that they play the 2nd leg away against an Italian club.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
klinsmann wrote:Eintracht vs Inter in round of 16. Easily one of the most intriguing tie.

Difficult for Frankfurt, especially given that they play the 2nd leg away against an Italian club.
Have to support them since they play those
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Fénix wrote:
DiegoForlan wrote:Dinamo Zagreb is going through !!! I can’t wait for the next match, hopefully the fans will behave themselves and Dinamo wont be fined this time.

Bruno Petković, Dani Olmo and Šunjić, amazing football, watch out for these players especialy the first two !

Totalna dominacija!

Better team won and goes to the next stage. It's amazing how Dinamo are playing under Bjelica despite these names may not sound very famous, but the quality of football they play is quite amazing. It took practically half a century to reach this part of a European campaign.

Congratulations!
Vs Benfica....

You will get the chance to scout Felix first hand
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Tough task for Dinamo Zagreb... One of the worst opponents. Too bad they didn't get the other Czech team Slavia Prag. :mrgreen:

Eintracht - Inter and Napoli - Salzburg are very attractive matches.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:49 am

If no upsets happen then there will be many interesting QF fixtures on our hands 8)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Dinamo Zagreb have won against Benfica! 1:0! =D> =D> =D> Fantastic display tonight and they finally ended their decades long defeats against Portuguese clubs.

They were better team and too bad they couldn't put another one in Benfica's net, but nevermind... Dinamo have a right to dream and in the 2nd leg try to use this victory to even increase the advantage with at least 1 or 2 goals. :thumbup:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt drew 0-0 against Inter and Trapp saved a penalty.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DiegoForlan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:49 pm

Again impressed by the young Dinamo Zagreb team, amazing, I can say that without being a dreamer now, we can go past Benfica, Petković amazes me every match, he’s strong and good with the ball, hope this guy will be consistent, he could make a future striker for the NT.

Olmo, he lived up to his potential at least, outstanding player first half he was lecturing Benfica players.

Ferro was Benfica’s best player imo, Felix couldn’t show anything, but the service was terrible too, they had two shots, both were blocked, no idea at all, totaly outplayed .

Ti si ponos mog Zagreba grada ! After waiting so much for a result to be proud of, Dinamo finaly gave us reason to celebrate, this feeling of joy is to die for !
DiegoForlan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:Again impressed by the young Dinamo Zagreb team, amazing, I can say that without being a dreamer now, we can go past Benfica, Petković amazes me every match, he’s strong and good with the ball, hope this guy will be consistent, he could make a future striker for the NT.

Olmo, he lived up to his potential at least, outstanding player first half he was lecturing Benfica players.

Ferro was Benfica’s best player imo, Felix couldn’t show anything, but the service was terrible too, they had two shots, both were blocked, no idea at all, totaly outplayed .

Ti si ponos mog Zagreba grada ! After waiting so much for a result to be proud of, Dinamo finaly gave us reason to celebrate, this feeling of joy is to die for !
So glad for you...
But in Lisabon it is going to be super hard...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:So glad for you...
But in Lisabon it is going to be super hard...

I'm not sure about that, though...

Dinamo have outplayed Benfica and they can count themselves extremely lucky to go home with only 1 goal to catch, however... I think Dinamo are going to have lots of advantages here, they'll try to use a result advantage in their own favour by keeping this pressing going on and even use more open space to punish Portuguese through counter-attacks.
They have shown tonight in the 1st leg that with the coach Nenad Bjelica even on the stadium stands they can win and play great football.
I'm absolutely impressed with his coaching qualities and I can very easily see him one day in charge of Croatia NT because what he has done in less than a year is outstanding, something that many coaches before him couldn't nearly achieve and demonstrate as Dinamo coaches.

The only 3 worth of mentioning in the last 20+ years are Josip Kuže, Zoran Mamić(the ex-coach of the Club World Cup vice-champion Al-Ain) and Vahid Halilhodžić(who made his name both as a player and a coach in France, currently working in Nantes).

But Nenad Bjelica has shown that he is a category for himself right now. Without big names, big spending on foreign players and their salaries as it was the case in the last 9-10 years, Dinamo are finally playing football under his command which wasn't a case with the other or it was a pure rarity in European competitions.

This is just outstanding. The group stage with 4 wins and 2 draws(including fantastic display on the pitch in every single game) and now this in the 1/16 and 1/8 finals repeating everything from the group stage. =D>
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League