You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Ben Gardner » Fri May 14, 2021 6:51 am

Alexander wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:Dortmund killed the game in the first by it's lethal conversions and Leipzig's inabilities to create goal chances despite major ball possession. Haaland and Sancho by all means, but Reus was the master of the game. Happy to see him lift the Pokale. Now I'm gonna enjoy this for a while.

Congratulations!

Thank you my Swedish Country fellow :-)

Regarding Nagelsmann it seems that Dortmund is some kind of a bogey team for him. Out of eleven matches he has only won one. But something tells me this stats gonna change in a another direction next season.

I must say he made some strange choices last night, starting with both Sörloth and Hwang was kinda strange, and surprising, and did not come out well.

And Upamecano? Well, I haven't seen him that much this season, but when I have I just don't see Bayern material in this guy.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Lukas » Fri May 14, 2021 6:54 am

When was the last time we had a coach who had never won anything (Flick doesn’t count as he was already at the club in another role) at the time of him joining us?
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:18 am

Lukas wrote:When was the last time we had a coach who had never won anything (Flick doesn’t count as he was already at the club in another role) at the time of him joining us?
Klinsmann (as a coach)
Magath ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:55 am

Lukas wrote:When was the last time we had a coach who had never won anything (Flick doesn’t count as he was already at the club in another role) at the time of him joining us?

iam not sure about this but heynckes ?
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Fri May 14, 2021 8:10 am

Ben Gardner wrote:Dortmund killed the game in the first by it's lethal conversions and Leipzig's inabilities to create goal chances despite major ball possession. Haaland and Sancho by all means, but Reus was the master of the game. Happy to see him lift the Pokale. Now I'm gonna enjoy this for a while.

Your first after 4 long years and Eintracht final.

Herzlichen Glückwumach zum Pokal-Sieg! :) Fully deserved!

And my man Edin Terzić has made you look so good in the end after long 6 months that you even lifted one trophy. You aren't missing the CL next season for sure.
Hans-Dieter Flick - der Beste der Besten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Fénix » Fri May 14, 2021 8:17 am

Felix Magath and Klinsmann. Before them I can't recall, maybe Søren Lerby in the early 90's as a caretaker after Heynckes being sacked.

In the last 40-50 years I can't recall. It also tells what kind of a club we are for half a century.
Hans-Dieter Flick - der Beste der Besten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ben Gardner » Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 am

Fénix wrote:

Your first after 4 long years and Eintracht final.

Herzlichen Glückwumach zum Pokal-Sieg! :) Fully deserved!

And my man Edin Terzić has made you look so good in the end after long 6 months that you even lifted one trophy. You aren't missing the CL next season for sure.

Congratulations keeps coming in, this time from Croatia, and for that I thank you :-)
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Lukas » Fri May 14, 2021 9:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Klinsmann (as a coach)
Magath ?

Yeah I reckon one of those two
Lukas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 14, 2021 12:11 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Not convinced about Nagelsmann at all. If we’re to win anything next season it will be in spite of him rather than because of him, just like Kovac
I think he’s either gonna shock the world and win us another treble or he’s gonna shock the world by having us in 6th place in November.

No in betweens. He’s either a big hit or another failure, I don’t expect a decent/average coach who is good enough.
Nah. Kovac proved it's impossible to lose BuLi even if you're an absolute incompetent. But i do think either Nagelsmann wins us another treble or we get humiliated horribly by the first big team we face in the CL knockout phase.
Think Kovac WAS around 6th place at around November though. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Fri May 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Nagelsmann teams not managing to perform when it matters the most is bugging me however his squads are bang average. This RBL shirt has seen better days with a much better roster but still they finished second and Pokal finale. He always overachieves and builds teams that play are above their quality. Given Bayern's quality then I'm expecting some really good and intense football on Flick's level.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:18 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Ugh. Another time Nagelsmann collapses at the big stage. Not looking good for us.

Because their quality is on Bayerns level :reschke:
I'm not 100% what you meant. If you meant that it's not Nagelsmann failing but the Leipzig players (who lack quality), i would partially agree with that, but also reply that neither are Dortmund and United (both of which exposed Leipzig) PSG or Shitty (who are the opposition Nagelsmann is going to be tasked with beating once he takes charge over here).

Putting it another way: Leipzig has a poor squad, agree completely, but also Dortmund is nothing to write home about. Other than Haaland and Sancho they got a pretty mediocre squad.

Its more all the drama queen responses in this thread to be honest. Doubting Nagelsmann because Leipzig got beat just when it got exposed what i was saying all year long ( even before joining again ) that Leipzig was overperforming big time this year. Nagelsmann did great things with Hoffenheim. He brought Leipzig to the semi final of the CL, he got 2nd place with them in the Buli and lead them to the DFB Pokal final.

Him doing his stuff with our squad? I am not afraid of anyone. He just doesnt have to change to much stuff, like the tactics. Fuck this 3 at the back BS. With our playing style that would mean even more goals conceded.

Anyway, i've also read just because of Sancho and Haaland they could win the Supercup against us etc etc etc :coffee: Sancho is a no show in like every match against us. And who says he will still be there after the summer, same goes for Haaland. They couldnt even beat us in the Supercup last year after we didnt have a proper summer break and summer camp, let alone them trying after we actually DO lol. Dont forget that they ALSO are getting a complete new coach and the Terzic saga if he stays will cause problems also.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Lukas wrote:Not convinced about Nagelsmann at all. If we’re to win anything next season it will be in spite of him rather than because of him, just like Kovac
I think he’s either gonna shock the world and win us another treble or he’s gonna shock the world by having us in 6th place in November.

No in betweens. He’s either a big hit or another failure, I don’t expect a decent/average coach who is good enough.
It’s not a shock if we‘re sixth in November... Happened quite a few times
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"]Ugh. Another time Nagelsmann collapses at the big stage. Not looking good for us.

Because their quality is on Bayerns level :reschke:
I'm not 100% what you meant. If you meant that it's not Nagelsmann failing but the Leipzig players (who lack quality), i would partially agree with that, but also reply that neither are Dortmund and United (both of which exposed Leipzig) PSG or Shitty (who are the opposition Nagelsmann is going to be tasked with beating once he takes charge over here).

Putting it another way: Leipzig has a poor squad, agree completely, but also Dortmund is nothing to write home about. Other than Haaland and Sancho they got a pretty mediocre squad.

Its more all the drama queen responses in this thread to be honest. Doubting Nagelsmann because Leipzig got beat just when it got exposed what i was saying all year long ( even before joining again ) that Leipzig was overperforming big time this year. Nagelsmann did great things with Hoffenheim. He brought Leipzig to the semi final of the CL, he got 2nd place with them in the Buli and lead them to the DFB Pokal final.

Him doing his stuff with our squad? I am not afraid of anyone. He just doesnt have to change to much stuff, like the tactics. Fuck this 3 at the back BS. With our playing style that would mean even more goals conceded.

Anyway, i've also read just because of Sancho and Haaland they could win the Supercup against us etc etc etc :coffee: Sancho is a no show in like every match against us. And who says he will still be there after the summer, same goes for Haaland. They couldnt even beat us in the Supercup last year after we didnt have a proper summer break and summer camp, let alone them trying after we actually DO lol. Dont forget that they ALSO are getting a complete new coach and the Terzic saga if he stays will cause problems also.[/quote]1.) They beat us quite often in this preseason friendly...

2.) Who cares about the SuperCup?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:54 pm

From the 7 duels in there, we won it 4 times and they 3. And i do care, a title is a title, even if we would play for the conference cup i would want them to try and win it.

Pretty contradicting what you say, you cant stand if Bayern loses, but you dont care about the Supercup. Ofcourse it doesnt compare to CL, DFB Pokal and Meisterschaft but still..
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:From the 7 duels in there, we won it 4 times and they 3. And i do care, a title is a title, even if we would play for the conference cup i would want them to try and win it.

Pretty contradicting what you say, you cant stand if Bayern loses, but you dont care about the Supercup. Ofcourse it doesnt compare to CL, DFB Pokal and Meisterschaft but still..
It’s the setup... They way it usually is played in preseason and both teams just playing so-so...

I cared about it last season: six-pack and also, it was mid-season, just gave it a more competitive feel... I somehow can stand losing that one, can‘t give you another reason...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal